- Interstate 5: Kelso is located just off of I-5 and is accessed from Exits #39 (Allen St/Kelso) & 40 (N Kelso Ave) from the northbound lanes. Most of the services for food, gasoline and lodging are located off of Exit #39 while the Exit #40 accesses a local residential district north of town.
- SR-4: Goes through town from I-5 as Allen St to 5th Ave N (WB) & 4th Ave N (EB). It becomes Ocean Beach Hwy west of its intersection with Washington Way, west of town. SR-4 connects Longview/Kelso to the coast (Long Beach & Astoria) along the Washington side of the Columbia River.
- Washington Way Local boulevard that connects West Kelso to Longview.
- 1 Kelso Station (Amtrak Station). is on 501 S 1st St in downtown Kelso serves as the train station for twin towns of Longview & Kelso and for Rainier, OR on the other side of the Columbia River.
- Amtrak Cascades runs 4x daily from Portland to Seattle; twice daily between Portland and Eugene, and twice daily from Seattle to Vancouver BC. Additional services from Seattle to Vancouver and from Portland to Eugene are by bus (Amtrak Thruway).
- Amtrak Coast Starlight makes an once daily trip in each direction between Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Oakland and Los Angeles, along the same route with the same stops as the Amtrak Cascades between Seattle and Eugene (except Tukwila, Vancouver WA & Oregon City).
The 1 Kelso 'Amtrak/Greyhound' Transit Center serves as a bus station for River Cities Transit, Greyhound and other regional bus companies serving adjacent Columbia County, Oregon and Wahkiakum County, Washington. It is located along 1st Ave S between Ash & Pine St, next to the Amtrak Station in downtown Kelso:
- 2 Greyhound, Bolt Bus, Kelso Station at 501 S 1st St (Ticket desk inside the Kelso Amtrak Station Building, first bus stop next to and closest to the Kelso Station building.), ☏ , toll-free: . Travels primarily on Interstate 5 between Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Centralia, Kelso/Longview and Portland.
- Columbia County Rider (CC Rider) Rt #5, (stops) Kelso/Longview Amtrak Station, River City Transit Center, St John Meical Center, ☏ . Connections St Helens via Rainier and Gable along US Hwy 30. Bus connections to Portland is in St Helens. Faster to go on Greyhound for going to Portland. $5 base zone + $1 additional zone or $2 on the Flex route.
- Wahkiakum on the Move, (office & bus garage) 42 Elochoman Valley Rd, Cathlamet, WA 98612, ☏ . Bus to Rockets Diner in Naselle, WA via Cathlamet, WA (major town and county seat) in neighboring Wahkiakum County, along Hwy 4. 'Wahkiakum on the Move' has additional local stops in the Kelso-Longview area for pick-up and drop off. Connections to Pacific Transit Rt #50 to Ilwaco, Astoria and South Bend at Rockets Diner in Naselle.
- River Cities Transit, ☏ . Local city buses to Three Rivers Mall, Longview and around town with the following:
- Route 44 Three Rivers Mall, Kelso 'Amtrak/Greyhound' Transit Center, Triangle Center and Heron Point via Ocean Beaches Way (SR-4). Goes by the RA Long Square (Central Park) in Longview on the eastbound trip towards Three Rivers Mall.
- Route 45 Three Rivers Mall, Kelso 'Amtrak/Greyhound' Transit Center, RA Long Square (Central Park), Mark Morris HS/Triangle Center, Longview Transit Center. Connections to Longview on the other side of the Cowlitz River.
- Route 57 Local bus within Kelso proper on the east side of the Cowlitz River including stops to Three Rivers Mall and Kelso 'Amtrak/Greyhound' Transit Center.
- 1 Three Rivers Mall, 351 Three Rivers Dr (SW of Allen and its junction with I-5 (Exit #39).). Daily 11AM-8PM. Three Rivers Mall hosts Regal Cinemas, JCPenney, Planet Fitness, Kelso Public Library, Sportsman Warehouse and numerous other shops & restaurants inside the mall and in several free standing establishments surrounding the mall (Target, Safeway, Pier 1 Imports, GuestHouse Kelso/Lonview (see 'sleep' in below), among others). An episode of the Food Network show Food Court Wars was filmed in the mall. The episode titled Gaufre Gourmet vs. Pressed originally aired on March 30, 2014.
- 2 Strip Mall on 200-236 S Kelso Dr, 200-236 S Kelso Dr (SE of Allen and its junction with I-5 (Exit #39), along S Kelso Dr, opposite side of the freeway from Three Rivers Mall.). Hours vary by tenant/store. This smaller mall hosts Wilco Farm Store, Dollar Tree, Rite Aid, Subway, Boost Mobile, etc. in the mall itself, fronting a large parking lot. There are other free standing establishments closer to S Kelso Dr such as McDonald's,Shari's, Super 8, etc in front of or next to this mall.
- 3 Triangle Center, 1015 Ocean Beach Hwy. Hours vary by tenant/store. Southwest of the intersection of Ocean Beach Hwy (SR-4) & Washington Way (in a large triangular shaped lot). Triangle Center hosts Bed Bath & Beyond; Michaels, Maurices, Petco, Ross Dress for Less, Ulta, WinCo Foods and numerous other shops, banks & restaurants in the mall and in the immediate surrounding areas not part of the mall (Taco Bell, Sizzlers, Stuffy's, among others) along Ocean Beach Hwy & Washington Way. Unlike a traditional mall where everything is under one big roof, in a single building, this mall consists of several smaller buildings spread further out from each other in a huge parking lot.
Except the Best Western most of the listed hotels in the below are located 2 mi (3.2 km) NW of town at Allen & I-5 (Exit #39) surrounding the Three Rivers Mall and the other mall at 200-236 S Kelso Dr on the east side of the freeway:
- 1 Best Western Aladdin Motor Inn, 310 Long Ave (at Cowlitz Way), ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Comfort Inn & Suites, 440 Three Rivers Dr (Across parking lot from Regals Cinema at the S/SE side of Three Rivers Mall), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 3 Motel 6 Kelso - Mt St Helens, 106 Minor Rd (at Allen St), ☏ , fax: .
- 4 GuestHouse International Inn & Suites, 501 Three Rivers Dr (next to the Three Rivers Mall), ☏ , fax: .
- 5 Red Lion Inn Kelso Longview, 510 S Kelso Dr, ☏ .
- 6 Super 8, 250 S Kelso Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 1 Kelso Public Library, Three Rivers Mall at 351 Three Rivers Dr Suite 1263 (Library located inside Three Rivers Mall, across mall corridor from Planet Fitness, near JCPenney.), ☏ . M-F 10AM-8PM; Sa 10AM-6PM.
- 2 Kelso Post Office (US Postal Service (USPS)), 304 Academy St (3rd Ave N & Academy St), ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-5PM.
|Routes through Kelso|
|Seattle ← Chehalis ←||N S||→ Woodland → Portland|
|Naselle ← Longview ←||W E||→ END|
|Seattle ← Centralia ←||N S||→ Vancouver → Portland|