The town motto is "Well worth a visit".
Just off the A65 road. It is about 7 miles from Junction 36 on the M6 motorway.
3 Market Cross, The Old Market Square, LA6 2AE.
- Devil's Bridge during August Bank holiday. Extremely busy with local biker population around Devil's Bridge, which also traditionally has a large carboot sale.
- Victorian Fair, first weekend in September. The streets and local shops re-enact a Victorian street scene. It is immensely popular and the whole town is closed to through traffic. Parking is available in the area but the price is not cheap. A "Park and Ride" system is normally in operation due to popularity and lack of parking space.
- A Christmas Fair is held annually over the first week of December, hosting seasonally decorated chalets selling a variety of goods and local food and drink. Santa Claus is rumored to appear in person, and light up the town display from his sleigh.
1 Booths. supermarket
- There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and cafes in Kirkby Lonsdale.
- Dale's Butchers, 2 Market Street. For nationally award winning sausages and homemade pies. Popular with locals and visitors alike.
- 1 Jingling Lane Chippy, Jingling Ln, LA6 2AW, ☏ . Very busy small chip shop, queues out the door can be seen during opening hours!
- The local supermarket is Booths.
Avanti. Modern and fashionable wine bar with excellent restaurant.
4 The Plough, Cow Brow, Lupton LA6 1PJ (A65 five miles NW of Kirkby Lonsdale), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 18th C coaching inn with six rooms along the main road between Lakes and Dales. Comfy with good cooking. B&B double £90.
- Kirkby Lonsdale is a good starting point for further exploration of the Lake District.
- Visit the Trough of Bowland in north Lancashire.
- The Yorkshire Dales are just a few miles away.
- Visit the nearby village of Dent where potholing is a favourite pastime in the area; Check out "The Bull Pot".