town in Cumbria, England, UK
The town motto is "Well worth a visit".
Just off the A65 road. It is about 7 miles from Junction 36 on the M6 motorway.
- Devil's Bridge during August Bank holiday. Extremely busy with local biker population around Devil's Bridge, which also traditionally has a large carboot sale.
- Victorian Fair, first weekend in September. The streets and local shops re-enact a Victorian street scene. It is immensely popular and the whole town is closed to through traffic. Parking is available in the area but the price is not cheap. A "Park and Ride" system is normally in operation due to popularity and lack of parking space.
- A Christmas Fair is held annually over the first week of December, hosting seasonally decorated chalets selling a variety of goods and local food and drink. Santa Claus is rumored to appear in person, and light up the town display from his sleigh.
- 1 Booths. supermarket
- There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and cafes in Kirkby Lonsdale.
- Dale's Butchers, 2 Market Street. For nationally award winning sausages and homemade pies. Popular with locals and visitors alike.
- Chip Shop Take Away, Jingling Lane. Very busy small chip shop, queues out the door can be seen during opening hours!
- The local supermarket is Booths.
- Avanti. Modern and fashionable wine bar with excellent restaurant.
- The Snooty Fox. A lovely old-style English pub, with spacious, comfortable bedrooms.
- The Orange Tree. Has six comfortable, affordable rooms. Has a lively atmosphere and a superb restaurant, with Wednesdays as special priced Steak night!
- The Sun Inn, 6 Market St, Kirkby Lonsdale LA6 2AU, ☏ . Bright spacious hotel within 17th C inn in village centre. B&B double £110.
- 1 The Plough, Cow Brow, Lupton LA6 1PJ (A65 five miles NW of Kirkby Lonsdale), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 18th C coaching inn with six rooms along the main road between Lakes and Dales. Comfy with good cooking. B&B double £90.
- 2 Hipping Hall, Cowan Bridge LS6 2JJ, ☏ . Excellent upscale place along A65, the tasting menu gets rave reviews. B&B £180.
- Kirkby Lonsdale is a good starting point for further exploration of the Lake District.
- Visit the Trough of Bowland in north Lancashire.
- The Yorkshire Dales are just a few miles away.
- Visit the nearby village of Dent where potholing is a favourite pastime in the area; Check out "The Bull Pot".