Knutsford is a very pleasant town in Cheshire spoilt only by its position under Manchester Airport's flight path.
Knutsford is situated very close to J19 on the M6, it even has a set of services named after it. From Manchester head south join the M56 and leave at Junction 7.
GorillaBus operates services from Knutsford to Liverpool, Liverpool South Parkway, Stoke-on-Trent and East Midlands Airport from Knutsford bus station.
1 Knutsford station. This station lies on the Manchester to Chester (via Stockport and Altrincham) railway line. Trains in either direction run once an hour, with extras at peak times, although some of these start/terminate at Stockport. On Sundays trains are less frequent but continue beyond Manchester to Salford, Wigan, Bolton and Southport.
Knutsford is in close proximity to Manchester Airport, only fifteen minutes by car. It will cost about £20-£25 in a taxi.
The best way to get around in Knutsford is on foot, however there is a Knutsford circular bus that links the district of Longridge with the centre of the town. It can be caught at the bus station by Booth's Supermarket.
- 1 Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6QN, ☏ . Historic estate with Tudor hall, neo-classical mansion, lavish gardens, a deer park and playground. Tatton Park is one of the UKs most complete historic estates. It is home to a Tudor Old Hall, Neo-Classical Mansion, 50 acres of landscaped gardens, a rare-breed farm and 1000 acres of deer park. A joint Cheshire County Council (CCC) and NT property. NT Members still have to pay for parking. A substantial deer park, Tatton Park contains a petting zoo with farm animals and a Children's play area in addition and a major lake (mere) with sailing and fishing. Tatton Park is also home to an annual Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) flower show (usually in late July) and plays host to a series of summer evening concerts each year, which vary from classical to pop. Speciality shops, restaurant, tea room, adventure playground, events and educational programmes
- 2 Knutsford Heritage Centre, 90A King St., Knutsford, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The place to see Knutsford's Millennium Tapestry.
- Elizabeth Gaskell tours
- Play Golf
- Feed the ducks
- Knutsford Literature Festival. Usually in October each year
Knutsford has a very large number of restaurants. They are all situated in the centre of town, mainly on King Street.
- Pizza Express.
- Via Via deli, Regent Street.
- Loch Fyne. Sea Food
- Mughli. Indian
- The Belle Epoque. probably best of Knutsford's restaurants but this is reflected in the price (probably not worth the money)
Traditional English pubs, serving many Ales and they have a very friendly atmosphere, especially the Cross Keys:
- Cross Keys
- Lord Eldon
- White Bear
- The Builder's Arms is the best place to watch football matches.
- Later in the evening Moda and Amber Lounge offer good alternatives for a more classy place to have a drink.
There are a couple of reasonable tea shops. Try Mallard on Princess Street and the Penny Farthing in a pleasant courtyard off King Street.
- 1 The Railway Inn, Station Road, Mobberley, Knutsford, WA16 6LA (Next to Mobberley Railway Station), ☏ . Country pub with a strong local feel and excellent food served in the restaurant. Real ales served. Dog friendly.
- 2 The Chapel House, Pepper St, Mobberley, Knutsford WA16 6JL, ☏ . Good beer and food.
- 1 Cottons, Manchester Road, Knutsford (On A50 north of town.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 The Swan, Mereside Rd, Bucklow Hill, Knutsford WA16 6RD, ☏ . A Premier Inn
- 3 Mere Court Hotel, Warrington Road, Mere, Knutsford, WA16 0RW (Leave M6 at junction 19 and follow the signs for the A556 towards Manchester (M56). After approximately 1 mile, turn left at the crossroads onto the A50 towards Warrington. Mere Court Hotel is situated about a mile along the right hand side.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel & Conference Centre
The Cross Keys Hotel, Belle Epoque and the Angel Hotel all provide accommodation in more central areas.
postcode is WA16
- Virtual Knutsford. On-line guide to what's on
Knutsford is surrounded by small villages and countryside. A cycle or drive out to one of these villages for a walk and trip to country pub can be very rewarding.
|Routes through Knutsford|
|Liverpool ← Warrington ←||N S||→ Holmes Chapel/Middlewich → Birmingham|
|Warrington ←||NW S||→ Holmes Chapel → Stoke-on-Trent|
|END ←||W E||→ Macclesfield → Peak District|