Krugersdorp was the hometown of engineer George Pratley who invented Pratley Putty in 1948. Pratley Putty was used by NASA in 1969 on Apollo XI's Eagle landing craft and is the only South Africa product ever to go to the moon.
- From Pretoria follow the N14 west until it joins the R28 (Paardekraal Drive), then follow Paardekraal into Krugersdorp
- From Johannesburg, take the M47/Gordon Road (exit 78/Roodepoort) turnoff from the N1, follow Gordon Road for 1km until it crosses Ontdekkers Road, turn right into Onttdekkers and follow it until it changes name to Voortrekker Road. Follow Voortrekker Road into Krugersdorp.
Commuter trains from central Johannesburg departs about every 1-2 hours, journey time is just under one hour. Operated by Metrorail, these have a reputation for being somewhat grubby and often overcrowded.
- 1 Krugersdorp railway station.
- 1 Krugersdorp Game Reserve (Main gate is along Rustenburg Road, R24), ☏ . Main gate open from 8AM to 6PM, Lion camp and Aviary is open 8AM to 5PM. A 1400-hectare reserve with hippo, rhino, giraffe, a number of species of buck, wildebeest, giraffe, zebra, ostrich, lions and a bird aviary. Lion feeding at 10AM every Sunday. A caravan park and lodge is located within the park. R40 for adults.
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 8AM-3:55PM. Offers game drive, horse trails, an observatory, abseiling, swimming pool and braai and picnic areas. Wide range of animals. R130.
- Tarlton International Raceway. South African National Drag Racing Championships
- something at the huge malls of
- cradle stone mall
- key west mall.
- You can visit the local stalls around the city.
- Ngonyama Caravan Park, Krugersdorp Game Reserve (On the R24 just west of town), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 50 caravan and tent sites. Convenience store, take aways, pool, laundry and 5-star ablution block.
- Ngonyama Lion Lodge, Krugersdorp Game Reserve (On the R24 just west of town), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Bed & Breakfast and self-catering chalets within the Game Reserve
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. R640 per chalet.
- Samia Guesthouse & Functions (Ingrid Schneider), 276 Voortrekker Rd, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 10AM. Guesthouse, with 7 double rooms en suite, full breakfast included. R499.
- Big Creek Guest Lodge, R24 Rustenburg Rd (13km from Magaliesburg towrads Rustenburg), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10Am. The Lodge (3 stars), has beautiful double and family en suite self-catering units. These units lead off a large court yard with unique fire place. A self-catering two sleeper fisher-mans Log Cabin and the luxury Seringa Berry Log Cabin for the more romantic weekend break. A rustic furnished lounge with DSTV is available. Games room with a full size Snooker table, dart board and bar are for residents only. R300.
- 1 The Rabbit Hole Guest House & Restaurant, 33 Viljoen Street (Continue with Ontdekkers Road in the direction of Krugersdorp. The road name changes to Voortrekker Road and then to Viljoen Streeet. The 3rd property on the left hand side after the Key West Shopping Centre is The Rabbit Hole.), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 10AM. The Rabbit Hole Guest House & Restaurant offers 17 rooms, all of which have en-suite bathrooms, private balconies with separate entrances and free wi-fi internet access. From the Rabbit Hole it is a 200-m pleasant walk to a wide variety of shops and restaurants at the Key West Shopping Centre. The restaurants are all situated on the waterfront of the Pretorius Park Dam. The Rabbit Hole has large gardens, ample safe parking space and an on-site restaurant. R600 Single. R800 Double. Extra R200 for 3rd person..