1 El Tari International Airport (KOE IATA Bandar Udara El Tari), Jl. Adi Sucipto, ☏ . Has services to Surabaya, Denpasar, Jakarta, Maumere, Ende and many other remote regions in East Nusa Tenggara. Air Timor has services to Dili three times per week.
There is a 'Coco Taxi' operating. A trip from airport to town should be Rp 50,000-80,000.
You can use "Microbus" (locally called bemo). The uniqueness of public transportation in the city of Kupang is due to the appearance filled with accessories, decorations and music blaring. Each bemo is manned by a driver and an assistant who collects the money from passengers. You can tell the assistant your destination/drop-off point in advance. There are multiple routes, so you need to ask your accommodations if any of the bemos are passing by your destinations. Within Kupang the route number can be seen on top of the bemo, whereas for further destination, it will write the destination name. Each trip is Rp 3,000 (as of Dec 2018).
Ride-hailing app such as Grab and Go-Jek is getting more popular here, but you may need to wait a little bit more as the number of drivers are still growing (as of Dec 2018).
- 1 Lasiana Beach (Pantai Lasiana). Famous for its white sand. There aren't many buildings, so you can enjoy the natural beach.
If you like loud music, you can try "Diskotek Berjalan" style of Kupang.
- Roslin Orphanage, Kupang (Timor). If you are in Kupang a visit to the Roslin Orphanage is a definite must. Google and youtube "Roslin Orphanage" for more information. Peggy and Budi Soehardi are CNN heroes and once you read about their story, you will understand why. There have been some controversies about their volunteers, but just go there and decide for yourself.
- 1 Waterpark Kupang, Jl. WJ Lalamentik, ☏ . A water-amusement park.
- 1 Oeba Market (Pasar Oeba) (Bemo #6, #10 passing by this market.). A traditional market next to a pier selling daily needs. Tourists will receive a moderate attention here.
- 2 Flobamora Mall, Jl. WJ Lalamentik. The largest mall in area is the Ramayana Department Store which includes shops, food courts, games and other facilities. Flobamora Mall is a family mall concept to provide all the needs of the family in one place.
- 3 Hypermart Kupang, Jl. El Tari II Bundaran PU, ☏ .
- 4 Lippo Plaza Fatululi. A two-floor shopping center with Matahari Dept Store and Hypermarket.
- Restoran Nelayan, Jl. Timor Raya 14, ☏ . Beachside restaurant with lots of choices including seafood. You can enjoy this dish in huts on the seafront
- Restoran Teluk Kupang, Jl.Timor Raya, ☏ . Another beachside restaurant which served delicious seafood.
- Grilled Banana in Lasiana Beach. Here you can eat grilled banana with a variety of flavors while enjoying the beautiful beach and the sound of waves
- for Jagung Bose: along the sidewalk on the Jalan El Tari (in front of the Governor's office).
- for Se'i Babi: 'Depot Bambu Kuning' and 'Se'i Babi Aroma' (two branches) are the two most popular places to have Se'i Babi.
- Night Market (Pasar Malam): Every night there is a street food market centred around Jalan Kosasih, not far from the shore. The stalls fry up lots of fresh seafood - fish, lobsters, crabs, etc., while the tahu tempe penyet is a great vegetarian option. Next to the food stalls are drinks stations where the best options are the fresh juice. Juice avokap (avocado juice) and jus naga (dragonfruit juice) are especially common and are blended with ice, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk/chocolate syrup.
- Kelimutu Hotel, Jalan Gunung Meja. Check-out: 13:00. A three-storey hotel that has seen better days. However, private rooms with bathrooms and AC are available for a good price. The staff are friendly though no English is spoken. Free tea and coffee in the morning. Free Wifi is available around the reception area. Standard fan Rp100,000, Standard AC Rp125,000, Deluxe AC Rp150,000.
- 1 Lavalon SeaView Hostel, Jl Sumatera No 44 A Tode-Kisar 85229, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: always open, check-out: noon. A spot with a friendly English-speaking staff, who will answer any question about flights, buses and ferries; flyers and maps on other hostels in Roti and East Timor are available. Free high speed Internet, all breakfasts included. Banana pancake with honey. Bookings are via WhatsApp. Dorm Rp 50,000; Fan Twin Rp 70,000; Double Rooms A/C & hot shower Rp 100,000.
- 2 SwissBel Inn Kristal, Jl. Timor Raya 59, ☏ . A three-star international hotel.
- T-More Hotel, Jl. Piet A. Tallo, ☏ . Three-star hotel.
- Soe: the highland area to visit traditional village in Boti and None. 3 hours. First, take the bemo to 'Noelbakul' destination, and then stop at Oesapa "bus stop". You can find "Travel" shared car for Rp 50,000 or a bus for Rp 30,000 (the bus to Kefamenanu will pass by Soe too, ask the bus assistant).
- Dili (East Timor / Timor Leste): can be reached by bus or plane. Timor Tour & Travel offers air-conditioned mini-bus daily service for US$25 (around 12 hours). Air Timor has flights on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as of October 2019. The flight takes 45 min and costs US$70. EU passport holders (except Ireland or UK) no longer need a visa to East Timor. Otherwise, for all nationalities except Indonesian, a free 'Visa Authorisation Letter' must be obtained from the East Timorese Consulate prior to reaching the land border. Visa on arrival is available at the airport.