La Goulette is located at the Mediterranean coast, some 10 km east of downtown Tunis.
By taxi, the town is 15 minutes from Tunis and costs 10 DT. There is a train station, 200 m from the town center.
La Goulette is a also a port for cruise ships.
- 1 Fort de la Goulette (Karraka).
- Ouzara Barracks.
- L'Aquarius, Grilled fresh fish, couscous, and steaks. Mains 12-15 DT.
- L'Avenir, ☏ . 18, Avenue Roosevelt. Great food at reasonable prices; mains for 10-12 DT; serves alcohol.
- La Sirene across from L'Avenir. Good and cheap fish. There is no menu: you choose a fish from the big marple counter at the next door fishmonger, pay by weight, and add 2 DT to have the fish prepared for you. You can have a salade tunisienne while the chef prepares the fish on the big coal-fired grill. No alcohol. A whole meal can be less than 10 DT.
- Ma mie Lily just off Ave. Habib Bourguiba, on the street running from the Goulette Casino TGM stop. Small Tunisian-Jewish restaurant; delicious all-Mediterranean food; cozy atmosphere; open for dinner Saturday-Thursday. Mains around 15 DT.
- La Jetee, ☏ . Hotel at the beach. 70 DT/night.