Northern Tunisia is an area in Tunisia.
Northern Tunisia encompasses the governorates of Ariana, Bèja, Ben Arous, Bizerte, Jendouba, Mahdia, Monastir, Nabeul, Siliana, Sousse, Tunis, and Zaghouan.
- 1 Tunis (تونس , Tūnis) — the laid-back capital of Tunisia with easy access to Carthage and a very authentic souk
- 2 Bizerte (بنزرت , Benzart)
- 3 La Goulette (حلق الوادي , Ḥalq el-Wād)
- 4 Hammamet (حمامات , Ḥammāmāt)
- 5 Kairouan (القيروان , Qeirwān) — a major site for Islamic pilgrimage
- 6 El Kef (الكاف , Il-Māf) — Byzantine and Ottoman architecture in this small town in the northwest
- 7 Kelibia — a coastal town with a fishing port and the Fort of Kelibia
- 8 La Marsa (المرسى , Il-Marṣā)
- 9 Mahdia (المهدية , Al-Mahdīya) — former capital
- 10 Monastir (مـنسـتير , Monāstīr / Mīstīr) — ancient city with a history back to Phoenecian times; these days home of the main charter flight airport in the country
- 11 Port El Kantaoui ( مرسى القنطاوي ) — a popular tourist destination in Tunisia, north of Sousse.
- 12 Sidi Bou Said (سيدي بو سعيد , Sīdi Bū Sɛīd) — picturesque seaside town of white houses with blue doors and shutters.
- 13 Sousse (سوسة , Sūsa) — the town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its architecture, and also a popular beach resort option
- 14 Tabarka (طبرقة , Tbarqa) — Old Phoenician/Roman port city near the Algerian border in far northwest Tunisia.
- 1 Carthage — Phoenician colony, biggest trade metropolis of the antique world; famously razed by the Romans; remnants now encased in a museum; site easily reached by train from Tunis.
- 2 Dougga (دڨة , Doggā) — impressive ruins of a remote Roman city
- 3 El Jem (الجمّ , Il-jām) — one of the best preserved Roman amphitheaters in the world.
- 4 Kerkouane (كركوان , Karkwān) — remnants of the sole untouched Punic settlement which is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Menzel Bourguiba town which name is translated as "House of Bourguiba", as it was named after the first president of independent Tunisia, Habib Bourguiba.
- Quamart — a purpose built beach resort just south of Tunis.