The local San Diego Trolley light rail system serves La Mesa with two lines: the Orange Line travels through much of La Mesa, heading south through Lemon Grove and on to Downtown San Diego. The Green Line travels through the northern part of La Mesa, going west past SDSU and through Mission Valley to San Diego's Old Town and Downtown. La Mesa has four trolley stations: Spring Street (Orange Line only), La Mesa Blvd (Orange Line only), Grossmont Transit Center (Orange and Green Lines) and Amaya Drive (Orange and Green Lines).
- Christmas in the Village
- Walkway of the Stars
- Antique in the Street
- Grossmont Center.
- La Mesa Antiques Mall. One of the top stores here is Lizzie’s Antique Parlour, a place with a huge inventory of every kind of antique imaginable.
- Recreational Vehicles. La Mesa has a number of new and used RV dealers.
- Holiday Inn Express, 9550 Murray Dr, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn La Mesa, 8000 Parkway Dr, ☏ .
- Motel 6 San Diego - La Mesa, 7621 Alvarado Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- Quality Inn & Suites San Diego East, 1250 El Cajon Blvd, ☏ . Rates include hot breakfast, Hi-speed wireless Internet, outdoor heated pool & whirlpool, in-room microwave/refrigerator.
|Routes through La Mesa|
|END ← San Diego ←||W E||→ El Cajon → El Centro|