Lacombe is approximately 25 km (16 mi) north of Red Deer, 125 km (78 mi) south of Edmonton, and 175 km (109 mi) north of Calgary. It is set in the rolling parkland of central Alberta, between the Rocky Mountains foothills to the west and the flatter Alberta prairie to the east.
Lacombe is named after Albert Lacombe (28 February 1827 — 12 December 1916), a French-Canadian Roman Catholic Oblate missionary who lived among and evangelized the Cree and Blackfoot First Nations of western Canada. He is now remembered for having brokered a peace between the Cree and Blackfoot, negotiating construction of the Canadian Pacific Railway through Blackfoot territory, and securing a promise from the Blackfoot leader Crowfoot to refrain from joining the North-West Rebellion of 1885.
- 1 Blacksmith Shop Museum, 5020 49 Street, ☏ . Built in 1902, the Blacksmith Shop Museum is the oldest operational blacksmith shop in Alberta today.
- 2 Ellis Bird Farm and Cafe, 39502 Range Rd 260, Lacombe County (8 km east on Hwy 12, then 8 km south on Prentiss Road (Range Road 260)), ☏ . Ellis Bird Farm is both a working farm as well as a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of Mountain Bluebirds, Tree Swallows and other native cavity-nesting birds.
- 3 Flatiron Building, 5005 50 Avenue. +1-403-782-1046. Constructed in 1904, it is the first of two flatirons to have been be built in Alberta.
- [formerly dead link] Lacombe Historic Downtown & Mural Walking Tour. The downtown core features 40 murals that beautify the community's back alleys, while telling a story of Lacombe’s history.
- 1 Flying Cross Ranch, 41129 Range Rd 263, Lacombe County, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy pony rides and horse lessons, rides, our petting zoo, and barnyard activity stations for a day of fun and learning.
- 2 Kraay Family Farm (Lacombe Corn Maze Inc.), Range Rd 273, Lacombe County (1.6 km (1 mi) west of Hwy 2 overpass on Hwy 12, then 0.8 km (1/2 mile) south on Range Rd 273), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Over 40 amenities and attractions, including a 15-acre corn maze.
- 3 Lacombe Golf and Country Club, #1 6000 50 Avenue, ☏ . Lacombe Golf and Country Club is an 18 hole, traditional layout with many old trees lining the fairways. Rolling terrain and a sprinkling of well placed bunkers continue to challenge golfers of all abilities.
- 4 The Nursery Golf Course, 41101 Range Rd 270 (take Exit 431 (Hwy 2A / C&E Trail) from Hwy 2, go west on Township Rd 412 for 6 km, then south on Range Rd 270 for 2 km), ☏ , toll-free: . The Nursery Golf Course offers golf outings for individuals looking to escape the city for the day or for companies that need a central location for Corporate Tournaments. Hole #11 a par 6, 782 yards. Driving range and RV park on-site.
- Wolf Creek Golf Resort, Morningside (10 minutes north of Lacombe on Hwy 2 near Morningside, take Hwy 604 (Exit 439)), toll-free: . Scottish links style golf in the heartland of Alberta. Challenge yourself on the same fairways that hosted the world’s best young touring professionals for years at the Alberta Open. 27 hole course with an RV Resort on site.
- [dead link] Brown Eggs and Lamb, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 8.9 km (5.5 mi) west of Lacombe on Hwy 12, then south on Range Rd 281 (Woodynook Rd)
- Eastside Eatery, 5210A Wolf Creek Drive, ☏ .
- Kavaccino’s, 5028 51 Street, ☏ .
- Leto’s Steakhouse & Bar, 4944 Hwy 2A, ☏ .
- Moe’s Pizza Co., 4914 50 Avenue, ☏ .
- Morrison House Cafe, 5331 51 Avenue, ☏ .
- [dead link] Sushi Maru Japanese Restaurant, 4927 50 Avenue, ☏ .
- Sweet Capone’s, 4912 50 Avenue, ☏ .
- [dead link] The Station Restaurant & Bar, 5038 Hwy 2A, ☏ .
- Totally Gluten Free Bakery and Cafe, #2 5100 Wolf Creek Drive, ☏ .
- Best Western Lacombe Inn & Suites (Best Western Plus), 4751 63 Street, ☏ .
- [dead link] Country Club Inn, 6205 50 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Greenway Inn, 5401 Hwy 2A, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Lacombe Motor Inn, 5136 Hwy 2A, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, 6021 Parkwood Road, Blackfalds, ☏ .
|Routes through Lacombe|
|Edmonton ← Ponoka ←||N S||→ Red Deer → Calgary|
|Wetaskiwin ← Ponoka ←||N S||→ Red Deer → Innisfail|
|Rocky Mountain House ← Bentley ←||W E||→ Alix → Stettler|