Stettler is approximately 100 km (62 mi) east of Red Deer at the junction of Highway 12 and Highway 56. It is approximately 183 km (114 mi) southeast of Edmonton and 225 km (140 mi) northeast of Calgary.
- East Central Express offers bus service to/from Red Deer.
- 1 Town & Country Museum (Stettler Museum), 6304 44 Avenue, ☏ . May 1 to September long weekend, daily 10AM-5:30PM. A historic village with a great selection of historical artifacts and buildings which tell the story of Stettler's History. There are 26 buildings with 10 historic buildings including a general store, church and courthouse. $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $3 for youth (ages 6-16), and children 5 and under are free.
- Downtown Historic Walking Tour, ☏ .
- 1 Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions, 4611 47 Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Alberta Prairie offers an exciting one-day adventure on board a real steam- or diesel-powered train. The train leaves Stettler and returns 5-6 hours later. All excursions include a full-course buffet meal which is included in the fare, on board entertainment and maybe even a train robbery.
- Pheasantback Golf & Country Club, 39575 Range Road 200 (10 km north of Stettler on Hwy 56, then 3 km west on Hwy 601), ☏ .
- Prairie Junction RV Resort, 4402 50 Street, ☏ .
- Stettler Rotary Campground, 5609 46 Avenue, ☏ .
Hotels & motelsEdit
Buffalo Lake is about 30 km (19 mi) northwest of Stettler and offers recreation and camping options.
- 2 Buffalo Lake Provincial Recreation Area (Boss Hill Campground) (30 km (19 mi) NW of Stetter; follow Hwy 56), ☏ .
- 3 Ol' MacDonald's Resort (30 km (19 mi) NW of Stetter; follow Hwys 12, 835, and 601), ☏ .
- 4 The Narrows Provincial Recreation Area (40 km (25 mi) NW of Stetter near Mirror; follow Hwys 12 and 21), ☏ .
- 5 Rochon Sands Provincial Park (29 km (18 mi) NW of Stetter in Rochon Sands; follow Hwys 12 and 835), ☏ .
Donalda is a small village located 40 km (25 mi) north of Stettler.
- Donalda & District Museum, 5001 Main Street, Donalda, ☏ . A variety of historical collections and buildings, including the Lamp collection – over 1,100 lamps, dating from the 1600s to 1960; Whitford collection – Métis artifacts from the early 20th century; and the local history collection – 4,000 artifacts depicting the history of the Donalda area and its residents.
- 2 World's Largest Lamp, Railway Ave & Main Street, Donalda.
|Routes through Stettler|
|Lacombe / Red Deer via ← Alix ←||W E||→ becomes → Biggar|
|END ← Camrose ←||N S||→ Big Valley → Drumheller|