prefecture-level city in Guangxi, China
Laibin (来宾 Láibīn), Guangxi, is the cultural capital of the Yao people and also home to a large Zhuang community.
- King Pan Festival. On the 16th day of the tenth lunar month, the Yao remember their ancestral king, the dragon-dog turned human King Pan. The Yao celebrate by singing, dancing, drinking, wearing traditional attire amd offering sacrifices to their ancestor.
- 1 Laibin Grand Theatre (来宾大剧院), Cuiping Road, Xingping District (兴宾区翠屏路) (Next door to the Laibin Museum. Bus routes 3, 12 and 32), ☏ .
- 2 Silk Garden Resort & Spa (古象温泉度假村, Guxiang Hot Spring Resort), Sicun Town, Xiangzhou County (象州县寺村镇) (Take a long distance coach to Xiangzhou County (1.5 hours, ¥35), then take a taxi to the resort. The resort is about 8km from the Xiangzhou County Bus Station), ☏ . 08ː30-23ː00. The entry fee for the hot springs is usually ¥168 but is only ¥98 on Mondays. Prices may be higher on public holidays.
- 1 Yuda International Hotel Restaurant, 288 Renmin West Rd, Xingbin District. One of the few restaurants in Laibin which provides Western food.
- 1 Jinjiang Hotel (来宾锦江大酒店), Intersection of Binjiang North Road and Xianghe Road, Xingbin District (兴宾区滨江北路与祥和路交叉口) (Bus no. 8), ☏ . Check-in: 12ː00, check-out: 13ː00. From ¥135.
- 2 Meixin Hotel (来宾美鑫酒店), No. 447 Yingbin Rd, Xingbin District (兴宾区迎宾路北447号) (To get here from Laibin North Railway Station, Take Express Bus No. 1 (快1路) and get off at the Yuda International Hotel (裕达国际酒店), which is about 200 metres from this hotel. Other buses that serve the area include routes 12, 15, 16, 19, and 28.), ☏ . Check-in: 12ː00, check-out: 13ː00. From ¥159.