Littleton is a city in New Hampshire.
The town is at the intersection of Rt. 302 and Rt. 116, and has two exits off of Interstate 93. Its population varies with the season, but the last census (2010) pegged us at 4,412. Littleton seems larger, as it is a hub for a number of nearby smaller towns whose residents utilize many of Littleton's services (health care,shopping, arts and entertainment, etc.). Littleton has been featured in a number of magazines in the past decade as particularly attractive, vibrant, welcoming, and resourceful. The downtown area has not deteriorated as have many New England towns when the "Big Box" stores arrived, and retains an authentic charm.
- Village Book Store, 81 Main St, ☏ . Mo-Th: 9AM-6PM, Fr: 9AM-7PM, Sa: 9AM-6PM, Su: 9AM-5PM. Nice place to hang, check out books and music, plenty of staff recommendations, Boston Globe and NY Times available, plenty of regional books. Close to Thayer's Inn, buy a book, go back to your room at the Inn and chill. Also new coffee and expresso.
- [dead link] Littleton Diner, 124 Main St, ☏ . Open: Monday-Sunday: 6AM-8PM. The Littleton Diner is not fast food. Menu offers traditional home cooked New England meals at reasonable prices. Meals made to order, portions generous and prices affordable. Food is fresh and prepared on-site. Choose a cozy booth, a counter seat or family style table setting. Great corn beef hash. Specials daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try the locally stone-ground buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup. The mill is not far from the diner on the Ammonoosuc River which drives the millstone.
- [dead link] Hampton Inn Littleton, 580 Meadow St, ☏ .
- Thayer's Inn, 111 Main St (Right off Interstate 93), toll-free: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10:30AM. Nice hotel in downtown. Old railroad hotel. Kitchenettes,family suites for up to four, and classic rooms up to 2. Near all restaurants and attractions. Rent the Pat Buchanan room, stay where he stayed when he campainged for President in the New Hampshire primary (which he won). 90-160.
- Eastgate Motor Inn, 335 Cottage St, ☏ . Not in the downtown area, but off the interstate. Inexpensive, clean, great strong wifi signal. All units on ground floor. Units have a back door so you can sit outside. They have a continental breakfast. Included was satellite TV with HBO, microwave, and fridge.
|Routes through Littleton|
|Ends at ← St. Johnsbury ←||N S||→ Bethlehem → Concord|
|Montpelier ← Barre ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Bethlehem → Portland|
|Jct S ← Bethlehem ←||W E||→ Whitefield → Jct W E|