- 1 Krugerhof Museum (off of N4 in Waterval Onder). Supposedly the last place where Paul Kruger lived.
- 2 Emgwenya Waterfall (Elands River Falls) (in Waterval Boven on north side of N4).
- 3 N.Z.A.S.M tunnel of 1893. Historic railway tunnel you can walk through with one opening next to Emgwenya Waterfall.
- 4 Five Arches Bridge of 1894. A historic bridge with five arches.
- N.Z.A.S.M. railroad trail-Hike from Waterval Boven to Waterval Onder. The trail starts 1km South of Waterval Boven, where there is a reception office and parking. The trail is 5km long (don't let reception convince you otherwise), some of it uphill. At the 4km mark, there is a very basic overnight hut. My advice is to skip it.
- 1 Wathaba Hiking Trails (~21-22 km south of Machadodorp on R541.). Hikes along the Drakesnburg Escarpment with waterfalls and picturesque scenery.
- Bermanzi Hiking/Num-Num Trails take you to the second-highest waterfall in Africa, the Uitkoms Watefall in the Bankspruit Gorge. Done through reservations with Wathaba, Five Assegais Country Estate, and Bermanzi farms in the Komati Gorge (+27 (0)72 889-9284).
- 1 The Hog, Corner of Molen and Janson Streets, ☏ . The local watering hole frequented by all the colourful locals you always find in small towns like Machadodorp.
- Elands River Lodge, 3 Janson Str Machadodorp (turn off the N4 first street left drive to end of the road), ☏ . Check-in: 6am-9pm, check-out: before 10 pm. The best self catering accommodation you will find in the area. Dstv (satellite tv) swimming pool , all chalets very private and fully equipped. Green surroundings and lots of birdlife. Great place to sleep over on your way to the Kruger National Park as it is halfway between KNP and Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport) from 270 Rand for single and upward.
- 1 Acra Retreat Mountain View Lodge (a little southeast of Emgwenya off of Slaiihoek Rd), ☏ . Overlooks town with attractive pool setting and free breakfast and wifi. LGBT friendly and women-owned. Restaurant/bar. R779.