Mancherial is a city in the Adilabad district of Telangana state in Southern India. Mancherial is located on the banks of Godavari River. It is 253 kilometres (157 mi) north-east of the state capital, Hyderabad. It has a population of nearly 2,87,853 including Naspur and Srirampur (2011), neighboring localities.
Previously called Garmilla, Mancherial, on the north bank of the Godavari River, is the major town in Adilabad District. Mancherial has an old city attached to it just like many other major cities. Mancherial is a commercial hub of the coal belt area of Singareni Collieries and also hosts the headquarters of a cement company. It also has hospitals, nursing homes and a thriving produce market.
Mancherial is well connected by road from major parts of India. State run APSRTC buses runs to various towns/cities like, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Jagtial, Warangal, Nizamabad, Hyderabad, Guntur, Vijayawada, Nagpur, Shirdi, Mumbai, Nanded, Aurangabad and Chandrapur.
National Highway 16 (Nizamabad to Jagdalpur) passes through Mancherial. Rajeev Rahadari Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Asifabad road passes through Mancherial, which is the shortest route to reach Hyderabad via Godavarikhani, Karimnagar, Siddipet.
Mancherial is located on the longest railway line, which is called the Grand Trunk line (New Delhi-Chennai). It is well connected by rail from various towns/cities in India. It comes under South Central Railways. It is a good potential station to have stoppage due its urban population as well as proximity to other major towns like Mandamarri (14 km), Bellampally (21 km), Ramagundam (Godavarikhani) (20 km), Luxettipet (26 km), Ramkrishnapur (8 km), Chennur (40 km). The following trains stop in Mancherial:
- Andhra Pradesh Express
- Grand Trunk Express
- Andhra Pradesh Sampark Kranti Express
- Navjivan Express
- Patna-Secunderabad Express (Manikarnika Express)
- Raptisagar Express
- Telangana Express, Train No.17035/17036
- Bhagyanagar Express, Train No.17233/17234
- Bellampalli-Hyderabad Intercity Express, Train No.17011/17012
- Dakshin Express
- Jaipur-Chennai Express
- Chennai-Lucknow Express
- Andaman Express
- Korba-Trivandrum Express
- Gorakhpur-Secunderabad/Bangalore Express
- Darbhanga-Hyderabad Express
- Ahilyanagari Express
- Jaipur-Mysore Express
- Jaipur-Coimbatore Express
- Patna-Ernakulam Express
- Okha-Puri Express
- Intercity Sirpur Kagaz nagar-secunderabad
- Ap sampak kranthi express
The nearest airport is Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (260 km by road/rail).
- Sai Baba temple.
- Govinda kshetram, at Gudipet. Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple
- Yellampalli Reservoir (6 km (3.7 mi) from Mancherial). Constructed on river Godavari
- 1 Godavari River.
- ACC Mahankaali Jathara.
- Gudem. Satyanarayana Swamy, Ayyappa temples
- Kadem Project.
- Gaandhari Khila, ACC.
- 2 Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary. Covers 136 square kilometres (53 sq mi) and is famous for Blackbuck, otherwise known as Indian antelope.
- Velala Shiva Ratri Jatara.
- Ramagiri Khila.
- Kavval wild life Sanctuary.
- ACC Quarry.
Mancherial is a major shopping centre in Adilabad District.
- Geetha Bhavan.
- Surabhi Restaurant.
- Greenlands Dhaba & Restaurant.
- Hotel A1.
- Hotel Anand.
- Spice Restaurant.
- Baba Biryani House.
- Reddy Biryani House.
- Kalpana Restaurant.
- Boutique Restaurant.
- Lakshmi Meals & Tiffins.
There are a few bars.
- Mancherial Bar & Restaurant.
- Sri Sandhya Restaurant & Bar.
- Indu Restaurant & Bar.
- Abhijit Restaurant & Bar.
Most of the lodges are situated around the bus station. Lodges include:
- Hotel A1.
By B.S.N.L mobile network which has significant coverage in this area. India post has many post offices which offer courier services