Many (pronounced like the given name "Manny") is a small town in Central Louisiana and is the parish seat of Sabine Parish. The town is also the gateway to the Louisiana portion of the Toledo Bend Reservoir.
This is the best (and only) method for getting into Many, short of having a personal plane. There are three routes into the city.
- US Highway 171 from Shreveport to the north or Leesville and Lake Charles to the south.
- Louisiana Highway 6 from Toledo Town and the Texas state line to the west or Natchitoches to the east.
- Louisiana Highway 175 from Mansfield and Pleasant Hill to the north. This highway terminates at Many.
A car is going to be the most practical method for getting around town and the local area.
- Sabine Parish Fair is held during the last full week of September. Parades, carnival rides, and a rodeo.
Probably the biggest reason people visit Many is to take advantage of the outdoor recreation at Toledo Bend Reservoir. The 65 mile long reservoir offers a wide variety of both land and water recreation activities. Many often acts as a base and a jumping off point for people heading to the massive body of water on the Louisiana-Texas state line. Perhaps some of the most sought after activities at the reservoir are:
- Watch a sunset on the shores of Toledo Bend.
- Fishing for largemouth bass and crappie
- Hiking and bicycling at North Toledo Bend State Park
- Renting a cabin or parking an RV at any number of sites along the shoreline
Louisiana State Parks operates a handful of facilities on Toledo Bend that offer a wide variety of activities.
- 1 [dead link] North Toledo Bend State Park, 2907 North Toledo Park Road, Zwolle (20 miles west of Many via US 171 and LA Highways 191, 482, and 3229.), ☏ . Sun-Thur 6AM to 9PM; Fri-Sat 6AM to 10PM. Offers boat rentals, cabins, primitive & RV camping, fishing, hiking, picnicking, and a swimming pool. $3 a person ages 4 to 62; children under 3 and seniors 62 and over are free.
- 1 Bayou Crawfish Cajun Cafe, 650 San Antonio Avenue, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 11AM-4PM. Authentic Cajun cuisine with crawfish, gumbo, etoufee, and po-boys. $10 and up.
- 1 American Inn Motel, 205 Fisher Road, ☏ . Basic motel on the edge of Many. Cable TV and Wi-Fi offered. $60 and up.
- 2 Starlite Motel, 160 Fisher Road, ☏ . Moderate hotel in Many. Basic services like Cable TV and Wi-Fi. Restaurant on site. $65 and up.
|Routes through Many|
|Shreveport ← Mansfield ←||N S||→ Leesville → Lake Charles|
|Nacogdoches ← becomes ←||W E||→ Natchitoches → Clarence|
|Jct N S ← Mansfield ←||N S||→ END|