Masvingo is a city in Southeastern Zimbabwe and the capital of Masvingo province.
Buses to Masvingo leave when full from Harare's Mbare bus station, cost about $7 and take about five hours. You can also potentially get one of the "luxury" buses between Johannesburg and Harare's Roadport to drop you off, but this will be much more expensive and is unlikely to work in the other direction. Minibuses to/from Bulawayo cost about $8 and take 4.5 to 5 hours. In Masvingo, transport to/from both Harare and Bulawayo arrives/departs from Bradburn Street, on the western edge of the city centre (marked on Google Maps). There are also buses/minibuses towards Mutare.
A Kombi van from the Pick N pay supermarket in down town Masvingo to the Grent Zimbabwe cost $1.50c and takes 30 mins.
The Great Zimbabwe ruins are about 25km south of town.
- TM/Pick N Pay Supermarket..
- Masvingo Backpacker's Rest Right in the center of Masvingo town, $15 for dorm beds, $50 for double rooms.
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins Just outside the ruins there is the National Monuments run campsite which has camping for $5 per person. dorm beds for $7 per person. and Rondavels (Chalets) for $15 per person.
- Great Zimbabwe Hotel Between the ruins and the main road $100 a night.
- Masvingo Downtown Lodge, Jason Moyo Street (Near caravan park). Check-in: 12 noon, check-out: 10am. Dorm bed. $15 per person.
- Muunze Lodge (20 km from Masvingo), ☏ . camping/dorm beds/room with own bathroom pick up can be arranged from Masvingo.. $3/5/15 per person.
The stone ruins of Great Zimbabwe entry $15 per person are about 25km south of the city. You can get a combi from behind the Pick N Pay supermarket just south of the town centre, costing around $1.50c and taking around 30 minutes. This will drop you about 2km from the gate to the ruins. Taking a taxi is also possible but much more expensive.