Miquelon is an island and village in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.
Although it is much larger than Saint-Pierre, it is much less populated. The residents are primarily of Basque and Acadian heritage.
Geologically, Miquelon is three islands, connected by isthmuses formed from drifting sand:
- 1 Le Cap at the north, location of the village of Miquelon (pop. 600).
- 2 Miquelon proper (Grande Miquelon). The name comes from the Basque version of Michael, which was the name of several fishermen who settled here.
- 3 Langlade (Petite Miquelon), which has no permanent inhabitants but is a popular vacation spot. The name is a corruption of the French l'île à l'Anglais or Englishman's Island.
- 3 Auto Action. Car rental
- 1 Restaurant Brian and Brasserie Michael, 18, rue Anne-Claire du Pont de Renon, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. closed Mon.. Traditional cuisine, seafood, snacks.
- 2 Snack Bar à Choix, 2, rue Sourdeval Miquelon, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed Mon. seafood crepe, roasted chicken, baked apple crepe, traditional cooking
- 3 Mayou'naise.