Naivasha is a city in Kenya, 90 km northwest of Nairobi on Lake Naivasha.
- There are frequent matatus from Nairobi (1½ hr, Ksh 200-300)
- The bus or matatu fare from Naivasha to Nakuru is Ksh 180 and the trip takes one hour.
- The new railway links Suswa, south of Naivasha, once per day. Journey time is about 1½ hours.
- 1 Suswa railway station.
Matatus run along the Moi South Lake Rd to Kongoni (one hour, Ksh 100). You can get off for the Hell's Gate National Park on the way.
- Lake Naivasha is a beautiful freshwater lake with the highest elevation of the Kenyan Rift valley at 1,890 m. It's a popular weekend getaway for Nairobians.
- Hell's Gate National Park, outside the town, south of Lake Naivasha.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Naivasha to see the birds and hippos.
- Bike through Hell's Gate National Park and see the zebra, gazelle and warthogs.
- Hike down and through the Ol Njorowa Gorge. You can get a local guide at the entrance to the gorge. Wear hiking shoes and be prepared to get a little muddy.
- Dine on fresh fish from the lake.
The lodges and other accommodation usually have a restaurant (and bar) on site. You can also visit the local villages for fresh and very cheap Kenyan food in the restaurants and cafes.
Most lodges have a bar on site, sometimes with a TV for sports. For cheaper beer go to the bars in the villages.
- 1 Fisherman's Camp, ☏ , . Fisherman's Camp is a campsite situated on the shores of Lake Naivasha (meaning 'rippling waters' in Masai). A fully equipped cottage and 4 Bandas (Kenya's equivalent to small challets) are also available. The site also has its own bar and restaurant (phone +254 5 050 462 for bookings). camping Ksh 700 per person, camping in their tents (without bedding) Ksh 950 per person, cabins for 3-5 people Ksh 5,000.
- [dead link] Fish Eagle Inn (Located next to Fisherman's Camp), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Fish Eagle Inn has a range of accommodation from dormitories to executive suites with options for full and half board, or bed only. Camping Ksh 600, dorm bed Ksh 1000.
- G M T Guest House, next to weigh bridge mai mahiu. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. Fan double room with own bathroom and TV. from Ksh 1300.
- Naivasha Silver View, Kenyatta Ave, ☏ . Single/double rooms. Ksh 800.
- Naivasha Guest House, Kenyatta Avenue (2 km from town center.), ☏ . Single/double rooms with own bathrooms. From Ksh 1,000.
- Heshima B & L, Kariuki Chotara Road, ☏ . Room with outside hot water bathroom. Ksh 800.
- YMCA, Moi South Lake Road (15 km from the junction.), ☏ . Camping, dorm beds, room. Camping Ksh 400, dorm bed Ksh 600.
- Wambuku Lodge, Moi Avenue (next to the post office.), ☏ . Single/double rooms with own bathroom. From Ksh 1200.
- Four Seasons Lodge (next to Mosque.). Double room with own bathroom. Ksh 800.
From Naivasha Town you can catch a matatu north to Nakuru.