- By Central Japan Railway Company (JR Tokai), on the Chuo Main Line: (Nagiso Town, Kiso District, Nagano Prefecture) -Sakashita Station - Ochiaigawa Station - Nakatsugawa Station - Mino Sakamoto Station- (Ena City)
- By Akechi Railway (Meitetsu) on the Akechi Line: (Ena City) -Iinuma Station - Agi Station- (Ena City)
- Chuo Expressway : Nakatsugawa IC - Misaka PA
- National highways No. 19, No. 256, No. 257, No. 363
- 1 Misaka Pass. A National Historic Site. It is a mountain pass through the southern end of the Kiso Mountains, connecting the city of Nakatsugawa with the village of Achi, Nagano. The highest point on the pass is 1,569 m (5,148 ft). The pass is accessible by car via a forestry road from the Gifu side; however, due to the danger of falling rocks, the road on the Nagano side of the pass is closed to vehicular traffic. The modern 8600-m Enayama Tunnel on the Chūō Expressway is about 500 m north of the pass.
- 2 Naegi Castle Ruins (苗木城跡) (Drive east from Naegi Toyama Memorial Museum, at a dead end). Open at all times. Ruins of a castle built in the 1500s with nice views of the surrounding area and Kiso River free.
- 1 Nakatsugawa Onsen (クアリゾート湯舟沢), 280 Misaka, ☏ . 10:00-20:00, open everyday. Onsen with both indoor and outdoor baths, there are also some private baths and saunas for three to four people. ¥600 on weekdays and ¥1,000 during weekends.
- 2 Meijiza (かしも明治座), 4793-2 Kashimo, ☏ . events are held weekly. Old kabuki theatre from 1894 that still holds kabuki plays and concerts.
- 3 Restaurant Life (レストランライフ), 450-2 Sakashita, ☏ . 3 times a week, open everyday. Cooking classes teaching people how to make Kiso specialities like Goheimochi and Soba. ¥4,000.
- Kurikinton (栗きんとん) — Nakatsugawa is known for its abundant chestnut harvest and this chestnut delicacy. Kurikinton is produced by boiling and mashing the chestnuts, then mixing them with sugar and reforming into a chestnut shape. It is widely available during the autumn months. Many families make their own, while purchased kurikinton is popular as well for home consumption and as gifts.
|Routes through Nakatsugawa|
|Nagoya ← Ena ←||' '||→ Nagiso → Shiojiri|
|Ena (Ena station) ←||' '||→ Ena (Akechi Station)|