Nankana Sahib is the birthplace of Guru Nanak, the first guru in the religion of Sikhism.
Nankana Sahib is connected with all big cities of the country by rail. The most comfortable and affordable trains connects Nankana Sahib with Lahore and Karachi. Train connects Nankana Sahib India via Lahore.
There're buses and rented cars.
Rickshaws are by far a unique Nankana Sahib experience. They are often quite covered and form the most widely used and economical means of quick travel around the city.
Some taxis are available at the railway station and bus stand.
- Gurdwara Janam Asthan (گردوارہ جنم استھان). a highly revered gurdwara that was built at the site where the founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanak, was believed to be born.
- Dahi Bhale - these are delicious.
- Gol Gappe - these are really tasty. They are basically made with flour into a ball shape, and they are filled with black grams, onions, potatoes and other supplements. A sour drink called "khatta" is served with them. A number of gol gappay carts can be found, lined outside Station Park. Their dahi bhala fillings and dippings are unique and not worth missing.
- Biryani & Pulao - Biryani & pulao (special cooked rice) are also very popular.
- Dal Chawal - Its one of the favorite foods here.
- Rabri - this is the most favourite drink of the people of Nankana Sahib. It is made by mixing peanuts, almonds & many other dry fruits in milk and is very delicious.
- Sugar cane rusk - is also very delicious.
- Limo pani - is very tasty. It is made up with lemon juice & water.
- Lassi - Lassi is the traditional Punjabi drink. Lassi is available in all parts of the city easily. It is made using yogurt. The price of one glass or a Piala of Lassi is about Rs.20
- ManPasand sweets also very famous in the city.
There are many hotels in the city, ranging from one to five stars.
There are health facilities are available in city. Following are major hospitals of Nankana Sahib
- DHQ Nankana Sahib
- Umer Nawaz Hospital Near Tehcel Mor
In the case of an emergency, call police by 15 from any landline phone.
- Ambulance Access To get an ambulance in case of an emergency, dial 115 from any landline or cellphone.
If you found yourself in serious trouble and need any type of emergency rescue or help then feel free to dial 1122. The name of the emergency service is "Rescue 1122".