town in Massachusetts
Needham is a town in Massachusetts, near Boston. It is primarily a residential suburb with little historical or cultural interest, although a number of upscale and ethnic restaurants have turned it into a rather unlikely culinary destination.
- Mass Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA OR "T"). Commuter rail Needham Line service linking to Boston. This service runs Monday through Saturday, no Sunday service. Four station stops in Needham are (in order of increasing distance from the terminal of South Station in Boston) Hersey, Needham Junction, Needham Center, and Needham Heights.
- Needham is located right on Interstate 95 (also known as Route 128). Exit 19B - Highland Ave
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, ☏ . Olin Way (off Great Plain Avenue west of the town center). Olin is one of the few new colleges campuses to have been built on the East Coast. Olin College's modern vernacular stands in stark contrast to the historicism of many other local colleges.
- Caffe Mucca Blu, 1498 Highland Avenue, ☏ . Homemade gelato and dessert café.
- Cafe Fresh Bagel, 896 Highland Avenue, ☏ . Delicious bagels and bagel sandwiches. Bagels that would impress even a die-hard New Yorker. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- [formerly dead link] Fava, 1027 Great Plain Avenue, ☏ . Upscale French.
- Fuji Steak House, 1430 Highland Avenue, ☏ . Japanese sushi and teppanyaki. Family-friendly.
- Masala Art, 990 Great Plain Avenue, ☏ . Upscale Indian restaurant.
- Sweet Basil, 942 Great Plain Avenue, ☏ . Small but highly rated Italian bistro.
- Stone Hearth Pizza Co, 974 Great Plain Avenue, ☏ . Neapolitan style, thin crust pizza along with gourmet salads and a hand-picked selection of wine and beer.
- Sheraton Needham Hotel, 100 Cabot Street, ☏ . Sheraton Needham provides a free shuttle service to nearby local corporate headquarters and features a full fitness center and a heated indoor pool.
- Boston is nearby.
|Routes through Needham|
|Weston ← Wellesley ←||N S||→ Dedham → Canton|
|END ←||W E||→ West Roxbury → Downtown Boston|