Songdo is an international business city located 65 kilometers south of Seoul and is being developed on 1,500 acres of reclaimed land along the waterfront of Incheon, and built specifically for acess to Incheon International Airport. The total area is about 53.4㎢. As of January 2019, the population exceeded 140,000. The official name is Songdo International City, Incheon Free Economic Zone, but it is also commonly referred to as Songdo New City. there is the old Songdo and new Songdo. this article is talking about the new Songdo.
The climate of Songdo is very similar to that of nearby Seoul. Songdo is close to the Yellow Sea (locally called the West Sea), so its weather is affected by the sea's climate. Below is climate chart of Songdo.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Songdo is connected to the Incheon International Airport by a 7.4 mile long highway bridge (20 minutes drive).
A subway line connecting Seoul to Songdo is under construction. On June 1, 2009, the line of Incheon Urban Railway Line 1 was opened, and six stations were established: Campus Town Station, Techno Park Station, BIT Zone Station, Incheon University Station, Central Park Station, and Int'l Business District Station.
There are several ways to get around Songdo. most of the signs are marked in Roman letters for the benefit of travelers.
Although transportation was poor, the second Gyeongin Expressway was extended to Songdo with the opening of the Incheon Bridge, and the third Gyeongin Expressway was also opened in March 2010. It also the role connecting Songdo-Nonhyeon. The BRT installation plan has already been planned in Songdo, and the bus routes linking Gangnam and downtown of Seoul are gradually being developed, leading to better traffic. However, most of them are only sub-lines of the line that enters 'Yeonsu-gu'. The U-Composite Transfer Center (Songdo) is opened, and various airport buses stop here. The representative bus lines connecting Yeonsu-gu and Seoul include Incheon bus 9200 and Incheon bus 9201 that connect 'Yeonsu-gu' and Gangnam. Incheon bus 1300 and Incheon bus 1301 that connect 'Yeonsu-gu' and Seoul Station. There is Incheon bus No. 1302. M6405 was operated by A and B, then B was replaced by 9201. The movement inside Incheon will be similar to that of urban highways from Geomdan-Cheongra-Dongincheon-Songdo if 'Second-Circle Expressway' is opened after 2020.
If you are in Incheon, you can call a taxi at 1577-5588. However, some drivers are not fluent in English, and if you prefer not to call, if you have a Kakao account, you can also use this application. By selecting requested points of departure and arrival on the map, you enable a driver to contact you, and they will use the app's navigation system to get you to your destination. Fares start at 3800 won and increase by distance and time.
There is one line that connects Songdo with other cities. The subway system shuts down around 12:00 am, and opens again around 5:30 am. This is the average time of each of endpoint.
- 1 Int'l Business District Station(국제업무지구), Songdo 2(i)-dong, Incheon.
- 2 Central Park Station(센트럴파크), Songdo 2(i)-dong, Incheon.
- 3 Incheon University Station(인천대입구), Songdo-dong, Incheon.
- 4 BIT Zone Station(지식정보단지), Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon.
- 5 Techno Park Station(테크노파크), Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon.
- 6 Campus Town Station(캠퍼스타운), Songdo 1(il)-dong, Incheon.
- 1 Songdo Convensia (송도컨벤시아), Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Central-ro, 123 컨벤시아, ☏ . Located in the end of the Central park also, it is next to Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel. it is to hold international conferences, trade shows and meetings and fairs with about 20 international organizations.
- 2 G-tower. G tower is a 33-story public building that houses the GCF's main secretariat and several other international organizations. This place is also famous for its observatory.
- 3 Oceanscope. Oceanscope is three container-type structures are installed towards the Yellow Sea and are suitable for viewing the sunset and Incheon Bridge.
- 4 Songdo Waterfront. Songdo Waterfront is a project that develops tourism, leisure, and urban infrastructure functions using natural marine resources. Resources are raised through the sale of land in Songdo, the main funding channel for the development of Songdo International City.
- 5 New Songdo National Ecotarium, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, ☏ . New Songdo National Ecotarium located in the Central Park is to be one of the most modern and innovative in the world.
- 6 Songdo Central Park. Songdo Central Park comprises over 10% of the total acreage and has a seawater canal powered by wind turbines. Water taxi can take you on a cruise or transport you to the Government Center located at one end of the park.
- Hyundai premium outlet in Songdo branch,
- Incheon city tour.(Harbor, City, Ocean lines),Double-decker buses guide Incheon depart at Songdo. with low-price tickets, it can be used all day long( not all are double-decker buses). Every monday is closed. Incheon city tour also provide different types of tour.
Eat & DrinkEdit
Being a new city it can be difficult to find restaurants and bars in Songdo. Downtown is one of the main areas for food and drink. Songdo Downtown is a small area of the city located in the blocks surrounding the Coast Guard Building(해양경찰청). Here is a list of several famous places where visitors can go for their meals:
- Bornga (본가), Downtown. A Korean BBQ restaurant famous for its beef BBQ and the huge platter of vegetables that comes with it. They also serve the traditional pork BBQ known as samgyopsal. Try also the restaurant's other specialty, cha-dol jigae, a spicy fermented bean stew.
- The ThreeFish (나무물고기), Downtown. A newly-opened western-style bar/cafe with many cocktails, beers and house wine. They also serve nice bar food such as chili-nachos, fries and chicken.
- Cafe Chosun (카페 조선), Downtown. A Korean BBQ restaurant serving samgyeopsal and seafood on a large stone grill. Delicious scallops and prawns.
- Triple Streets, Downtown. A complex shopping mall where you can find various kinds of restaurants and stores.
- Playground Brewery Taproom Songdo, Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, 컨벤시아대로 80, 현대 힐스테이트 401동 139호, fax: .
Hotels in Songdo is mostly located near the Songdo Central Park , following the subway stations, and its price, in standard level, is not cheap. this is the list of hotels.
- 1 Songdo Central Park Hotel, 193 Technopark-ro, Songdo 2(i)-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon (Across the street from Central Park and a block from Central Park train station, this glitzy, upscale hotel is within walking distance of the Northeast Asia Trade Tower, and a 75-minute train ride from Incheon International Airport.), ☏ .
- 2 Holiday Inn Incheon Songdo, 251 Incheon Tower-daero, Songdo 2(i)-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, ☏ .
- 3 Hotel Skypark Incheon Songdo, 10-2 Yeosu-gu, Incheon (A 2-minute walk from the nearest subway station, this streamlined hotel is a 4-minute subway trip from the Northeast Asia Trade Tower and a 10-minute subway trip from Songdo Central Park.), ☏ .
- 4 Sheraton Grand Incheon Hotel, Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo 1(il)-dong, 153 Convensia-road (In a modern glass building across the street from Central Park Songdo, this polished hotel is 11 minutes' walk from a metro station and 3 minutes' walk from the Northeast Asia Trade Tower.), ☏ .
- 5 Gyeongwonjae Ambassador Incheon, 200 Technopark Ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon (n traditional Honok-style wood buildings, this high-end hotel within Songdo Central Park is a 2-minute walk from Central Park train station.), ☏ .
- 6 Orakai Songdo Park Hotel, 151 Technopark-ro, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon (Overlooking both Songdo Central Park and the Yellow Sea, this polished, high-rise hotel with a glass facade is a 4-minute walk from a metro station and 4 km from the Yeonsu District.), ☏ .
- 7 Oakwood Premier Incheon, KR, 165 Convensia-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, ☏ .
- 8 The november lounge, Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Art center-daero, 107 Canal walk D3 302-140, ☏ .
- 9 The november stay in Canal walk, Incheon, Yeonsu-gu, Songdo-dong, Art center-daero, 107 Canal Walk 302-140, ☏ .
- 10 Canal Walk Apart hotel, Canal Walk Autumn, #140, Bldg.302, Incheon, ☏ . business hotel
- International airport is connected from Incheon bridge.