Nipawin is located on the shores of Tobin and Codette Lakes along the Saskatchewan River. This resort community has become a destination for fishing, camping, boating, golfing, hunting and outdoor recreation.
Nipawin sits at the junctions of Highway 35 and Highway 55. It is 270 km (170 mi) northeast of Saskatoon by taking Highways 41, 3 and 35.
There is no scheduled air service to Nipawin. The nearest commercial airport in Saskatoon. Nipawin has a small airport 2.4 km (1.5 mi) south of town.
- 1 Crooked Bridge (Old Nipawin Bridge) (2.5 km (1.6 mi) west of Nipawin along Old Highway 35). 1,908 ft (582 m) span bridge across the Saskatchewan River. Constructed in 1928, it is a double deck bridge with the top deck carrying the Torch River Railway on top and the former alignment of Highway 35.
- 2 Living Forestry Museum, ☏ . 14-acre museum site by the river. Old school house, CPR station, Anglican church, farmhouse, trapper's cabin. Steam-powered mill operation produces lumber, shingles, lathe work. Antique display room. $5.
- Murals of Nipawin (throughout Nipawin and in the Pineland Co-op Marketplace). Nine outdoor and four indoor murals.
- 3 Francois-Finlay Dam (Nipawin Hydroelectric Station) (Saskatchewan River (Codette Lake) south of Nipawin), ☏ . Observation terrace or waterfront view of the dam with some off-shore fishing opportunities. Pre-arranged tours are available by calling ahead.
- Fishing & hunting - the Nipawin area offers fishing on Tobin and Codette Lakes and fall trophy hunting; a variety of outfitters available.
- Houseboating is offered on Tobin Lake
- Nipawin Trails offer a variety of trails for walking, hiking, cycling, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
- 1 Nipawin & District Regional Park (1.6 km N of Nipawin on Hwy 55 and 1.6 km W), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Natural setting on the Saskatchewan River portion of Tobin Lake. Nipawin & District Regional Park offers cabins, campsites, houseboat rentals, food service and boat rentals. Enjoy the spray park, playground equipment, barnyard zoo, trout pond, mini golf, 18-hole golf course, hiking trails and world-class fishing. Winter activities include cross-country ski trails, snowmobile trails and tobogganing.
- Nipawin Evergreen Centre - The Spot Restaurant and Lounge, 300 Evergreen Drive, ☏ .
- Cooneys Tap & Grill, 101 1st St W, ☏ .
Bed and breakfastEdit
- Boreal Bed and Breakfast (10 km SE of Nipawin, 5 km E of Hwy 35), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [dead link] Vanity Ventures (10 minutes from downtown Nipawin, at Scot's Landing off Hwy 55), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open May 15 to Nov 30.
- Reel'em Inn Cabins (1.6 km (1.0 mi) north of Nipawin, off Hwy 35/55, on the river section of Tobin Lake, at the gates of Nipawin and District Regional Park), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotels & motelsEdit
- 1 Northern Greens Resort, 222 Evergreen Drive (Adjacent to Hwy 55, at the Nipawin Evergreen Convention Centre and Nipawin Evergreen Golf Course), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- River Inn, 101 Centre St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The resort village of Tobin Lake is 34 km (21 mi) northeast of Nipawin along Highways 55 and 255.
- Prince Albert is 90 minutes west of Nipawin along Highway 55
|Routes through Nipawin|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct E → Fort Qu'Appelle → Weyburn|
|Prince Albert ← Jct N ←||W E||→ Jct S → ENDS at E S|