Wikivoyage list article
Itineraries in North America
Crossing more than one country edit
- 1 Alaska Highway road connecting Alaska with the rest of North America running primarily through Canada.
- 2 Alaska Marine Highway
- 3 Amtrak Cascades
- 4 Camino Real de Tierra Adentro is the historic Spanish silver mining route, a 2,600 km route from Mexico City, through northern Mexico, into the United States, ending in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The route is a UNESCO World Heritage Site route.
- 5 Chilkoot Trail A 33 mi (53 km) hike from the coast of Dyea, Alaska to Lake Bennett in British Columbia.
- Driving between the contiguous United States and the Alaska Highway
- Pan American Highway is a series of routes that passes through Alaska, Canada, the contiguous United States, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama in North America.
- The Underground Railroad was a network of disparate historical routes used by African-American slaves to escape the "slave states" in the South to the Northern states ("Free states"). Some escaped slaves continued north from the United States to Canada while others went south to Mexico to reach freedom. Today many of the "stations" along the "railroads" serve as museums and memorials to the former slaves' journey north.
- Across Canada by train, 1 The Canadian, and 2 The Ocean
- 3 Bruce Trail
- 4 Dempster Highway
- 5 Driving between the Pacific Coast and the Rockies
- 6 Esker Trail
- 7 Icefields Parkway
- 8 Mackenzie Highway
- 9 Rideau Canal
- 10 Rock Point Trail
- 11 Stewart-Cassiar Highway
- 12 Sunshine Coast-Vancouver Island Circle Tour
- 13 Trans-Canada Highway and 14 Yellowhead Highway
- 15 Trans Canada Trail
- 16 Trans-Labrador Highway and 17 Quebec Route 389
- 18 Windsor-Quebec corridor
- 19 Camino Real de Tierra Adentro longest of Mexico's "royal roads", built in the colonial era to support expansion and silver mining
- 20 Cenotes of the Yucatán drive through the Yucatán Peninsula to explore underground pools and rivers
- 21 Ruta Puuc official itinerary of Maya sites exemplifying Puuc architecture, following a 41 km network of secondary roads through Yucatán state
- 22 Ruta Rio Bec official itinerary of Maya sites in Campeche exemplifying Rio Bec architecture
- 23 Ruta de los Conventos del Popocatépetl — A challenging week long bicycle tour visiting the earliest 16th-century monasteries on the slopes of Popocatépetl. Along the way you‘ll cross two national parks, an active volcano, and more historical sites than any reasonable person would ever want to visit.
United States edit
Across the USA edit
- 1 American Discovery Trail
- 2 American Industry Tour
- 3 Appalachian Trail
- California Zephyr
- Continental Divide Trail
- 4 Easy Rider
- 5 Empire Builder
- 6 Interstate 10 & Old Spanish Auto Trail
- 7 Lewis and Clark Trail
- Lincoln Highway
- 8 Mississippi River
- 9 Oregon Trail
- 10 Pony Express National Historic Trail
- 11 Route 66
- 12 Radiator Springs
- 13 Santa Fe Trail
- 14 The Jazz Track
- 15 Touring Shaker country
- 16 Trail of Tears National Historic Trail
Eastern USA edit
- 27 Downeaster
- 28 From Plymouth to Hampton Roads
- 29 The Mohawk Trail
- 30 Buffalo-Pittsburgh Highway
- 31 Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail
- 32 U.S. Highway 1
- Washington–Rochambeau Revolutionary Route
New Jersey edit
New York edit
- 37 Broadway A 33-mile road linking Manhattan's Times Square with the historic village of Sleepy Hollow.
- 38 Erie Canal
- 39 Historic Churches of Buffalo's East Side A half day urban driving tour in Buffalo.
Western USA edit
- Interstate 5 & Route 99 through three Pacific States along the west coast.
- Pacific Crest Trail
- Amtrak Cascades An Amtrak route that runs 2x daily from Vancouver BC to Eugene, Oregon through Washington and Oregon and 4x daily between Seattle and Portland.
- 40 Arroyo del Valle Trail in the East Bay
- 41 East Shore Trail near Lake Del Valle in the East Bay
- 42 El Camino Real
- 43 Ohlone Wilderness Trail in the East Bay
- 44 Olompali–Petaluma–Sonoma historic parks in the California Wine Country
- Pacific Coast Highway
- 45 Mountain Loop Highway — traverses the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- 46 Mountains to Sound Greenway
- 47 The North Cascade Loop
New Mexico edit
Central USA edit
Great Plains edit
- 51 Along the Magnificent Mile A one-day and night sightseeing tour on foot of Chicago.
- Loop Art Tour A half day walking tour in central Chicago.
Rocky Mountains edit
- 57 Bandit Run is a re-enactment of the road traveled in the 1977 film Smokey and the Bandit from Texarkana, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia; through Tupelo, Mississippi and Birmingham, Alabama.
- 58 Blue Ridge Parkway
- 59 Braddock Expedition
- 60 Forrest Gump tour is a tour of the sites used for the filming of the 1994 comedy film Forrest Gump, directed by Robert Zemeckis, and starring Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump the main character. The majority of the scenes were filmed in and around Beaufort, South Carolina and in Savannah, Georgia. Other scenes were filmed in Los Angeles, California and in Washington DC too.
- 61 Natchez Trace Parkway
- 62 Black Belt
- 63 Selma To Montgomery National Historic Trail
- 66 A Taste of Coastal Texas A three-day weekend drive along State Highway 35
- Canoeing the San Marcos River