North Little Rock is in the Central region of Arkansas. Before it was North Little Rock, it was the hamlet of Argenta. But when Little Rock sought to annex Argenta as its own, a neighborhood on the north bank of the Arkansas incorporated as North Little Rock so as to be able to make its own claim. In a twist of irony, after winning possession of Argenta, the latter just decided to stick with the name North Little Rock, and the name Argenta faded away.
It's prudent not to go flouting your collection of prized jewelry when roaming the streets of North Little Rock, as the community can be a little sketch.
Airlines and destinations(Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport)Edit
- Alliegant: Los Angeles World, Orlando-Sanford
- American: Charlotte, Chicago O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Washington Reagan National.
- Delta: Atlanta, Detroit,
- Frontier: Denver.
- Southwest: Baltimore, Chicago Midway, Dallas Love Field, Houston Hobby, Las Vegas, Phoenix, St. Louis.
- United: Chicago O'Hare, Denver, Houston George Bush Intercontinental.
- ViaAirlines: Austin-Bergstrom
North Little Rock is located near the conjunction of Interstate 40 and Interstate 30. It is located slightly less than two hours west of Memphis, about five hours northeast of Dallas, five hours west of Oklahoma City, and about five and a half hours south of St. Louis.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:52PM local time and lasts 2 min 30 sec. Chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico over Texas to Texarkana then across Arkansas parallel to Hwys 30 and 67, then on into Missouri and Illinois.
- 1 Dickey-Stephens Park, 400 W. Broadway (corner of N Broadway and W Broadway), ☏ . Baseball anyone? This is where the Arkansas Travelers play.
- 2 The Old Mill, 3800 Lakeshore Dr (in T.R. Pugh Memorial Park). Featured in the opening scene of the film Gone With The Wind.
- 3 Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum, 120 Riverfront Park Dr (in Riverfront Park), ☏ . Representative naval vessels like submarines, torpedoes, etc.
- Walk across the Arkansas river to Little Rock on a converted train trestle, or a segment of the Arkansas River Trail, which can be accessed from places like Burns Park or the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
- 1 Burns Park, ☏ . being one of the largest municipal parks in the nation, has lots of green space and trails along the Arkansas River, as well as a covered bridge and the Funland Amusement Park. Also there's Emerald Park immediately downriver which is crowned with palisades from which you can really get a gander at Little Rock from up top.
|Routes through North Little Rock|
|Texarkana ← Little Rock ←||W E||→ END|
|Van Buren ← Mayflower ←||W E||→ Lonoke → Memphis|
|Springfield ← Mayflower ←||N S||→ Little Rock → Pine Bluff|
|Poplar Bluff ← Sherwood ←||N S||→ Little Rock → Texarkana|
|Hot Springs ← Little Rock ←||W E||→ Lonoke → Memphis|
|Ash Flat ← Sherwood ←||N S||→ Little Rock → Ruston|