Palm Coast is a suburban city in the First Coast. Palm Coast is a growing city that has attracted everyone from young families who want to start a family there to retirees who just want to visit for a few months out of the year. This is an excellent city for outdoor recreation, with an expansive Intracoastal Waterway system that attracts boaters, to a number of parks and winding ocean front jogging trails where outdoor lovers can start their day off right with a walk or jog.
The city is home to approximately 90,000 residents (2019), and lies on the Northeastern coast of Florida in between Jacksonville and Orlando. Palm Coast is close enough to St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, and Mt. Dora for a few afternoon trips but far enough away from any major tourist developments. The beauty of Palm Coast lies in the ability to sustain a downtown lifestyle with charming shops scattered throughout the downtown streets. As well, Palm Coast manages to maintain an essence of peace and tranquility while still inviting tourists to enjoy the laid-back lifestyle. There are an abundance of golf courses, marinas, and tennis courts to keep visitors busy for an entire summer.
Get in Edit
By plane Edit
Palm Coast and Flagler County are serviced by:
- 1 Daytona Beach Intl. Airport (DAB IATA), 38 mi (61 km) miles to the south.
- 2 Northeast Florida Regional Airport (UST IATA), St. Augustine, 20 mi (32 km) to the north.
- 3 Jacksonville Intl. Airport (JAX IATA), 65 mi (105 km) to the north.
- 4 Orlando Intl. Airport (MCO IATA), 78 mi (126 km) to the south west.
- 5 Orlando-Sanford Regional Airport (SFB IATA), Sanford, 62 mi (100 km) to the south west.
- 6 Flagler County Airport, 201 Airport Road, ☏ , fax: . The 5th largest municipal airport in Florida. Flagler County Airport offers private air and re-fueling services. It also serves as home to Ginn Air Services and Embry-Riddle University's commercial pilot training program.
By car Edit
Palm Coast is on Florida's east coast on Interstate 95, US Route 1 and scenic Route A1A and is intersected by State Route 100 from the west. There is easy access to Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando and Ocala.
By boat Edit
Palm Coast has access to the Intracoastal Waterway leading from the Atlantic Ocean in St. Augustine or Daytona with Marina fueling services available.
Get around Edit
With the peaceful, laid-back lifestyle of Palm Coast, this is a perfect location to bring along a pet during your vacation. Although the Florida beaches and parks have rules regarding pets, Palm Coast is extremely welcoming to pets with the abundance of outdoor recreation.
- 1 St. Joe Walkway/Palm Coast Linear Park, 31 Greenway Ct. One of the major outdoor renovation projects underway in Palm Coast is the Intracoastal Waterway park site. This site will include hiking trails, bike trails, playground and picnic areas that encompasses four miles of Palm Coast. Part of the pathway and bike trail is already open, known as the St. Joe Walkway, which starts at the Palm Coast Community Center on Clubhouse Drive. The remainder of trails and waterway paths are opening as they are renovated and will be an excellent place for visitors to take dogs on a leisurely walk while enjoying the beauty of Palm Coast.
- 2 James F. Holland Memorial Park, 18 Florida Park Dr. Families gather here for baseball games, tennis, volleyball, picnics and exercise. There is a dog park at the edge of the park, close to the Florida Park Drive entrance, near pavilion 3. While there are many amenities dedicated to families at the park, this portion is dedicated to allowing the family pets room to run around and play.
- 3 Princess Place Preserve, 2500 Princess Place Rd, ☏ . This beautiful 1500-acre park offers abundant opportunities for dogs and humans alike to get out and stretch their legs after a long ride in the car traveling to Palm Coast. The preserve is in Palm Coast at 2500 Princess Place Road, off of Old Kings Road. There are facilities for canoeing, kayaking, and boating, as well as primitive camping and walking trails. For dog owners, the walking trails are an excellent place to let dogs have a little freedom. With the many different, winding trails it is likely you could walk for a few miles without running in to another hiker or dog walker. While the park is open to campers overnight, the main gates open at 7AM and stay open until 6PM.
- Tropical Kayaks of Palm Coast, 200 Clubhouse Dr (clubhouse and palm harbor intersection), ☏ . Flagler County Kayak eco tours, kayak rentals and sales. Open year round to kayak with the manatees and dolphins! Kayak eco tours and guided kayak trips each Saturday and Sunday from Bings Landing or Princess Place Preserve. Fishing kayak sales and fishing kayak rentals,too!
- Cypress Knolls, 53 Easthampton Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: . 18-hole golf course, driving range, lessons, restaurant.
- Hammock Beach, 200 Ocean Crest Dr, ☏ . See #Sleep for more details.
- 1 Pine Lakes Golf Club, 400 Pine Lakes Pkwy N, ☏ . Eighteen hole golf course, driving range, lessons, restaurant.
- Palm Harbor Golf Course, 20 Palm Harbor Dr, ☏ . 7AM–7PM. 18-hole golf course, driving range, restaurant.
- Town Center Shopping Plaza, 800 Belle Terre Pkwy. Including Target, PetSmart, and Ulta.
- 1 European Village, 101 Palm Harbor Pkwy. Featuring restaurants and boutiques in an open courtyard setting.
- 2 Island Walk Shopping Center, 100 Palm Coast Pkwy NE. Restaurants and retail venues such as Petco, and Tuesday Morning.
- La Piazza Cafe, 101 Palm Harbor Pkwy, ☏ . Tu–Sa 4–9PM. Italian cuisine.
- Thai by Thai, 124 Palm Coast Pkwy NE (in the Palm Harbor shopping center), ☏ . Thai food.
- 1 Mamaling's, 1280 Palm Coast Pkwy SW, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Su 4:30PM–9PM. Asian food including Thai, Chinese, and Korean specialties.
- 2 El Pollo Colorao, 227 Saint Joe Plaza Dr, ☏ . Tu–Sa 11AM–6PM. Puerto Rican cuisine.
- 1 Econo Lodge Palm Coast Hotel, 5 Kingswood Drive, ☏ . Continental breakfast, WiFi and computer with Internet access, seasonal outdoor pool. Wheelchair accessible. From $69.
- 2 Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Coast, 150 Flagler Plaza Dr, ☏ . Free daily newspapers, free breakfast on the go, in-room work and lap desks and free wireless Internet throughout.
- 3 Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast Town Center, 55 Town Center Boulevard, ☏ .
- 4 Best Western Plus Flagler Beach Area Inn & Suites, 200 Flagler Plaza Drive, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Central location near Palm Coast beaches, free breakfast and a swimming pool. $101 (Mar 2022).
Radio Stations Edit
- WBHQ, 92.7 FM, Palm Coast, Contemporary pop and rock
- WJLH, 90.3 FM, Flagler Beach, Religious
- WYFB, 90.5 FM, Palm Coast, Religious
Go next Edit
- Daytona Beach, to the south, is well-known for NASCAR racing.
- Hammock Beach, to the northeast, is across the Intracoastal Waterway from Palm Coast.
- Saint Augustine, to the north, is a historic, formerly Spanish city.
|Routes through Palm Coast|
|Jacksonville ← St. Augustine ←||N S||→ Ormond Beach → Daytona Beach|
|Jacksonville ← St. Augustine ←||N S||→ Ormond Beach → Daytona Beach|