1 Tri-Cities Airport (PSC IATA) is the major airport for the Tri-Cities (Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland), Walla Walla and the Columbia River Basin area located 3.5 mi (5.6km) northwest of downtown Pasco. The airport is accessed from I-182/US Hwy 12 at Exit #12B (along N 20th Ave). Major airlines serving the Tri-Cities are:
- Alaska/Horizon Air (Portland, Seattle-Tacoma)
- Allegiant: (Las Vegas, Mesa AZ, Los Angeles (seasonal))
- Compass and Skywest as Delta Connection: (Salt Lake City, Seattle, Minneapolis/St Paul)
- Skywest operating as United Express: (Denver, San Francisco)
- Wendover Casinos Airlines chartered by Peppermill, Rainbow and Montego Bay Casinos to Wendover, NV from all over the U.S.
The Grape Line Bus operates regularly scheduled (bus) service to Walla Walla from the airport via Amtrak/Greyhound station in Pasco (see below under By bus) while Ben Franklin Transit [dead link] (local public transportation company) operates a taxi feeder (on contract with Tri City Taxi) to the 22nd Ave Transit Center in Pasco for connections to their fixed route buses. See this link for a list of car rental companies at the airport (recommended) and local taxi companies for door to door service.
- 2 Pasco Intermodal Train Station, 535 North 1st Avenue (N 1st Ave & Sylvester on the east side of Pasco by the railroad yard.), toll-free: . Tri-Cities is served once daily by Amtrak on its Empire Builder train, running between Chicago, Spokane and Portland. Westbound trains are split in Spokane with half going towards Portland and the other going towards Seattle. Both halves, going towards Chicago, are joined in Spokane. Therefore, Tri-Cities is served by the Portland to Spokane branch of the Empire Builder.
Except for Fronteras del Norte which has its own bus station, the bus station for the other long distance buses is at the Pasco Intermodal Train Station at 531 N 1st Ave. See below:
- Fronteras del Norte, (bus station) 202 S 4th St (W Columbia and S 4th St), ☏ . Connects Pasco, Sunnyside & Yakima WA in eastern Washington (state) to Los Angeles and the Mexican border in San Ysidro in Southern California via Portland, OR.
- Kayak Public Transportation (operated by Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Reservation (CTUIR)), (bus stops) 22nd Ave Transit Center (Pasco), Three Rivers Transit Center (Kennewick), Huntington Transfer (Kennewick) and 27th St P&R (Kennewick). They make an extra flag stop to the Amtrak/Greyhound station on request for drop off only., ☏ . Goes down to Hermiston and Irrigon, Oregon on the "Tri Cities Trolley" route. Transfer to the "Hermiston Hopper [formerly dead link]" in Hermiston to continue to Pendleton, OR.
- Greyhound, (depot) Intermodal Station @ 535 N 1st Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Travels on Interstate 90/82 (Seattle, Ellensburg, Sunnyside, Pasco and Stanford OR at I-84) and I-84/US 395/I-90 (Portland, Hood River, The Dalles, Pasco and Spokane). NOTE: Greyhound no longer go to Walla Walla but they do sell ownward tickets on the Grapeline bus to Walla Walla (See below).
- Travel Washington Grape Line & Amtrak Thruway (operated by Bellaire Charters), (bus stops) Intermodal Station @ 535 N 1st Ave; Tri-Cities Airport; Pasco Transit Center on N 22nd, ☏ , toll-free: . goes east along US Hwy 12 to Walla Walla
- 3 Ben Franklin Transit, 22nd Ave Transit Center (N 22nd Ave between W Sylvester & Park Ave, behind Supermex), ☏ . Mon-Fri 6AM-6PM; Sat 8AM-6PM. Operates fixed route buses within the Tri Cities area and to Benton City, West Richland and Prosser. They also offer a taxi feeder service [dead link] to/through areas not served by regular buses from designated bus stops. $1.50 cash fare.
- [dead link] Trans+Plus, (door to door shuttle, evenings and Sundays), ☏ (to arrange a ride). Mon-Sat 6:30PM-2AM; Sun7:30AM-6PM. Trans+Plus provides a unique, demand response, curb-to-curb service within Ben Franklin Transit’s boundary area, except for the Hanford area north of Battelle Blvd and the Prosser and Benton City areas. $3 per trip.
- 1 Gesa Stadium, 6200 Burden (NE of the I-182/US-12 junction w/ N Road 68 (Exit #9). Burden Blvd & Homerun Rd), ☏ . Featuring the Tri-City Dust Devil's.
- 2 Stone Ridge Event Center, 5960 Burden (NE of the I-182/US-12 junction w/ N Road 68 (Exit #9). Burden Blvd & N Road 60), ☏ , fax: .
- 3 Trade Recreation Agricultural Center (TRAC Center), 6600 Burden Blvd (NE of the I-182/US-12 junction w/ N Road 68 (Exit #9). Burden Blvd & Convention Pl, Next to Gesa Stadium), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Franklin County Historical Society and Museum, 305 N. 4th (N 4th & W Bonneville St), ☏ , fax: . Tuesday – Friday, noon – 4PM.
- 5 Sacajawea State Park and Interpretive Center, 2530 Sacajawea Park Rd, ☏ . March 31 – November 1, 10AM-5PM daily. Sacajawea State Park is a 284-acre inland waters, day-use park at the confluence of the Snake and Columbia rivers. It features 9,100 feet of freshwater shoreline. The area is spread out with a big sky and excellent views of the two rivers as they flow together. $10–$30 motor-vehicle access fee.
- 6 McNary National Wildlife Refuge, Administration Office @ 64 Maple Street, Burbank (A few miles southeast of Pasco on US 12), ☏ . A haven for migrating birds. Trails and education center.
- Take a walk down the Sacajawea Heritage Trail along the Columbia River, winding for 23 miles through the tri-cities.
- The annual chile pepper festival brings an open weekend market of chiles and pepper products.
- 1 Best Western Pasco Inn & Suites, 2811 N 20th Ave (N 20th & St Andrews Loop, down the road from the airport terminal), ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities, 6826 Burden Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM.
- 3 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities, 4525 Convention Pl, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11Am.
- Yakima is a quick drive northwest on I-82.
- The Columbia River Gorge is half an hour south, drivable on the north side along SR-14, and the south (Oregon) side along I-84.
|Routes through Pasco|
|Portland ← Vancouver ←||W E||→ Spokane → Minot|
|Yakima ← Richland ←||W E||→ Wallula → Walla Walla|
|Spokane ← Ritzville ←||N S||→ Kennewick → Burns|