Pigeon Forge is a mountain resort city in Sevier County, Tennessee, 5 miles (8 km) north of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Pigeon Forge is a tourist destination that caters primarily to Southern culture and country music fans. The city's attractions include Dollywood, Dollywood's Splash Country, gift shops, outlet malls, amusement rides, and musical theaters. In 2019, it was home to 6,300 people.
Get in edit
By air edit
By car edit
From Knoxville, US Route 441 connects directly to Pigeon Forge.
Get around edit
The Fun Time Trolley is a public transportation system serving Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Fares range from $0.50 to $0.75, and it has over 100 trolley stops throughout the city. Trolley stops include places such as Dollywood, Dolly's Splash Country, Tanger Outlets, and many other stops along the parkway and other points of interest. The Fun Time Trolleys run daily 8:30AM to midnight during the months of early March to October and daily 10AM to 10PM in November and December but close on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
After the Treaty of Dumplin Creek in 1785, Robert Shields and Samuel Wear took advantage of lands ceded by the Cherokees to build forts in the area. Wear's fort came under attack, but the site is where Pigeon Forge City Park is located today.
Later, around 1820, a fellow named Isaac Love built an iron forge and gristmill along the Little Pigeon River, hence the name of the town. Even though the forge was dismantled, the mill was restored and is like the centerpiece of the town, with tourists flocking to eat at the restaurant there.
When Great Smoky Mountains National Park opened up in 1934, entrepreneurs started toying with the idea of tourism on this stretch en route to the park. First there was a Rebel Railroad attraction, then a Silver City Amusement Park, and finally what Pigeon Forge is seemingly synonymous with today - Dollywood. Only it is chock full of other tourist attractions and resorts, so you may have to plan your time carefully.
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- 2 Alcatraz East Crime Museum, 2757 Parkway, ☏ . Daily 10AM-9PM. Formerly the National Museum of Crime & Punishment from Washington DC, a glimpse into the world of crime and forensics, with such artifacts as vehicles belonging to Ted Bundy, John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, and OJ Simpson; forensics labs; jail cell replicas; and moonshine stills. $27 adult, $20 senior/military, $15 child.
- Dollywood Amusement Park and Splash Country.
- 1 Dolly Parton's Stampede (Dixie Stampede), 3849 Parkway, ☏ , toll-free: . Music show and horse stunts while you have a feast.
- 2 Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show, 119 Music Rd, ☏ . Another dinner show with dancing and slapstick comedy. $60 adult, $30 child.
- Rapid Expeditions, toll-free: . Whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Pigeon River.
- Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show, 2682 Teaster Ln (Traffic Light #2 (Teaster Lane), across from Belz), toll-free: . Call for show times. Interactive entertainment: murder mystery and a meal.
- 3 Hollywood Wax Museum, 106 Showplace Blvd., ☏ . Claims to be the only wax museum in the US devoted entirely to celebrity figures.
- The Escape Game Pigeon Forge, 131 Island Drive, Suite 9139, ☏ . 7AM-11:55PM. Offers several rooms with the same main objective: to escape within an hour. $31.99.
- 4 Titanic Museum, 2134 Parkway, ☏ . Housed inside a half-scale replica of the doomed ocean liner, this is one of the largest Titanic museums in the world with over 400 artifacts on display, and galleries to explore highlighting the infamous voyage. Plus the chance to take on a passenger's identity and see your fate. $28 adult, $15 child.
- 5 Paula Deen's Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park, 2530 Parkway, ☏ .
- 6 The Island In Pigeon Forge, 131 The Island Dr, ☏ . More amusement rides, including the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, games, shops, and restaurants.
- 7 Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster, 867 Wears Valley Rd, ☏ . 7-8 minute high thrill ride. $18 adult, $14 child (7-12).
- Alamo Steakhouse, 3050 Parkway, ☏ .
- Bennett's Pit Bar-B-Que, 2910 Parkway, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bullfish Grill, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM. Dinners $13-22.
- Huck Finns Catfish, Chicken and Steaks, 3330 Parkway, ☏ .
- Log Cabin Pancake House, 4235 Parkway, ☏ . April–December: 6:45AM-9PM; January–March: 6:45AM-2PM.
- Marble Slab Creamery, 3676 Parkway, ☏ .
- Old Mill Restaurant at Old Mill Square, 164 Old Mill Ave, ☏ . Daily 7:30AM-9PM. Where it all started, Isaac Love's Pigeon Forge with a gristmill and all - kind of.
- Grand Majestic Theater, 2330 Parkway. Buffet dinner and live musical performances.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Mid-range||$45 - $60|
- Maples Motor Inn, 2959 Parkway, ☏ . $29-90.
- Days Inn, 2760 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $34-67.
- Econo Lodge Riverside, 2440 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Doubles $35-70.
- River Bend Inn, 2350 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. $35-90.
- The Colonial House Motel, 3545 Parkway, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $39-99.
- Americana Inns, 2825 Parkway, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $40-75.
- Super 8, 215 Emert St., ☏ , fax: . Doubles $40-90.
- 1 Country Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge South, 4215 Parkway. $128.
- Best Western Plaza Inn, 3755 Parkway, toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Doubles $48-103.
- Best Western Toni Inn, 3810 Parkway, toll-free: , fax: , email@example.com. Doubles $48-103.
- Comfort Inn, 3712 Parkway, toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Doubles $57-104.
- Holiday Inn, 3230 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $47-77.
- Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge (Mountain Trace Inn), 130 Wears Valley Rd, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Doubles $45-99.
- Quality Inn, 3756 Parkway, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $50-130.
- All Season Suites, 239 Dollywood Ln, ☏ .
- Ramada Pigeon Forge North, 2193 North Parkway, ☏ .
- Vacation Lodge Hotel/Motel, 3450 Parkway, ☏ . $55-85.
- Willow Brook Lodge, 3035 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Doubles $45-95.
- The Inn on the River, 2492 Parkway, toll-free: , email@example.com. Doubles $57-104.
- Appleview River Resort. In the Smoky Mountains.
- Cedar Lodge Condominiums, 3919 S. River Rd., toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bear Crossing Condominiums, 111 Jake Thomas Rd., toll-free: , email@example.com.
- Whispering Pines Condominiums, 205 Ogle Dr., toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music Road Inn, 314 Henderson Chapel Rd., toll-free: , email@example.com. $64-144.
- Music Road Hotel, 303 Hendrson Chapel Rd, ☏ . $64-164.
- Hampton Inn on the River, 2492 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $74-95.
- Hampton Inn, 2025 Parkway, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles $74-125.
- MainStay Suites, 410 Pine Mountain Rd, ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Doubles (suite) $80-135.
- LaQuinta Inn, 219 Emert St., toll-free: . Doubles $84-134.
- Black Fox Lodge Pigeon Forge, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, ☏ .
Cabin rentals edit
- Cabins USA, 2140 Parkway, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Cabins range in size from 1-bedroom to 8-bedroom rentals and can be booked for single nights or long multi-week vacations. $79 - $400.
- Kimble Cabin Rentals (Kimble Overnight Rentals), 3409 Steven Court, ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Overnight cabin rentals or stay for several weeks or more. $65 - $350.
- Sky View Cabin (Sky View Vacation), 1603 Nicoha Blvd.,, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. 2 bedrooms, sleep 6, Overnight cabin rentals or vacation cabin rentals $165 - $350.
Go next edit
|Routes through Pigeon Forge|
|Lenoir City ← Maryville ←||S N||→ Gatlinburg → Newport|
|Knoxville ← Sevierville ←||N S||→ Gatlinburg → Athens|