Sevierville is a city in eastern Tennessee. Pronounced "Severe-ville" and named after Colonel John Sevier after his successful campaign in running off the Cherokee inhabitants around 1780, Sevierville was surprisingly anti-secessionist and abolitionist up to and during the Civil War but ended up being pillaged quite badly. Nowadays it is a tourist mecca for those en route to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or paying homage to Dolly Parton's hometown, or one of the many other attractions.
- 1 Sevier County Heritage Museum, 167 Bruce St, ☏ . Showcasing Sevier County's history.
- 2 Sevier County Courthouse, 125 Court Ave. Beaux Arts building functioning as Sevierville's centerpiece where Dolly Parton's statue on the northeast corner.
- 3 Tennessee Museum of Aviation, 135 Air Museum Way, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-6PM. Displays historical aircraft, even demonstrations.
- 4 Forbidden Caverns, 455 Blowing Cave Rd, ☏ . M-W and F-Sa 10AM-5PM. Cave formation with a wall of rare onyx.
- 5 Harrisburg Covered Bridge (on Harrisburg Rd, off of SR 339 east of Sevierville). Built in 1875, it is a king post truss bridge.
Living up to its status as a tourist zone, Sevierville has amusement parks and attractions galore, especially along US 441 south of town.
- 1 RainForest Adventures Discovery Zoo, 109 Nascar Dr, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM. Commercialized zoo. Don't forget to see the meerkats.
- Rapid Expeditions Smoky Mountain Rafting, toll-free: . Whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Pigeon River near Sevierville, TN. Experience a thrilling whitewater rapids ride in the Smoky Mountains!
- 2 NASCAR SpeedPark Smoky Mountains. , 1545 Parkway.
- 3 Ripley's Old MacDonald's Farm Mini Golf, 1639 Parkway, ☏ . Miniature golf with a farm theme.
- 4 Adventure Park Ziplines, 1628 Parkway (located alongside Five Oaks Riding Stables), ☏ . Zip line rides above the forest canopy will keep your heart pumping.
- 5 Soaky Mountain Waterpark, 175 Gists Creek Rd, ☏ . Water slides and all the water park stuff.
- Comfort Suites, 161 West Dumplin Valley Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Located just one mile away from Smokies Park baseball stadium.
- The Preserve Resort. Great views, pictures are accurate, cabins are a bit close to each other and the road in winds a lot, but great for the money. $130.
- 1 The Lodge at Five Oaks, 1650 Parkway, ☏ . Classy place with a waterslide. $196.
Bed & BreakfastsEdit
- Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn & Cabins, 1811 Pullen Rd, ☏ . 12 uniquely decorated rooms in the Main House, plus 5 cottages and a 3-bedroom guest house.
- Brother's Cove Log Cabin Resort, 2930 Brother's Way, toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Luxury log cabin resort.
- Legacy Mountain Resort, 1735 Upper Middle Creek Road, toll-free: . More than 80 cabins with 1-3 bedrooms. $160+ (One bedroom cabins).
- 2 Cabins of Pigeon Forge, 4015 Parkway, ☏ , toll-free: . Over 400 cabins near Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains. $85 and up..
|Routes through Sevierville|
|Ends at ← Newport ←||N S||→ Maryville → Rome|
|Rocky Top ← Knoxville ←||N S||→ Pigeon Forge → Athens|