Port Isaac (Cornish: Porthysek) is a picturesque coastal village in Cornwall. The village is particularly known as filming location for TV shows such as Doc Martin. Also the former British Prime Minister David Cameron owns a holiday home here. It is extremely overrun by tourists from July - September who don't understand what a picturesque coastal village is really like, such as the lack of mobility, lack of mobile phone signal (depending on network) and the fact that they have to drive for 20 minutes to reach a big supermarket. The local convenience store (Co-op Food) has to cope with a 400% increase in population, they cope surprisingly well.
|Note: Don't forget to bring change to pay for the car parks.|
The main road into the village is the B3267, which connects directly to the B3314 between Camelford and Wadebridge.
The main bus into Port Isaac is the 96, operated by First Kernow.
- 96 - (First Kernow):[dead link] Wadebridge → Rock → Polzeath → Port Isaac → Camelford → Tintagel → Boscastle → Bude
- 1 Fern Cottage, 4 Roscarrock Hill, PL29 3RG. Doc Martin's residence and surgery in Doc Martin.
- 1 Port Isaac Pottery, Roscarrock Hill, PL29 3RG, ☏ +44 1208 880625.
- Co-op Food, 31 New Road, ☏ +44 01637 880365. Daily 7AM-10PM. Convenience store.
- 1 Chapel Cafe, Roscarrock Hill, PL29 3RG, ☏ +44 1208 881300.
Port Isaac is known for its seafood. Celebrity chef Nathan Outlaw has set up several restaurants in the area.
- 2 Outlaw's Fish Kitchen, 1 Middle St, PL29 3RH, ☏ +44 1208 881183.
- 3 Restaurant Nathan Outlaw, 6 New Rd, PL29 3SB. Nathan Outlaw's eponymous 2-Michelin star restaurant.
- 1 The Golden Lion, 10 Fore St, PL29 3RB, ☏ +44 1208 880336. M-Th Sa noon-11PM, F noon-midnight, Su noon-10:30PM.
- 1 Port Gaverne Hotel, Port Gaverne, PL29 3SQ, ☏ +44 1208 880244.