Quincy is a city in Plumas County, California. It sits in the heart of California's Gold Country where gold miners from all over came for their chance at gold in the 1800s. It is a small town of around 5,000 people with a bookstore, an art gallery, a movie theater, and a few places to shop.
It's on Highway 70 in Northern California in the northern end of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Quincy is between Oroville and Portola.
To the north on Highway 89 is Greenville and then Chester. Quincy is at 3,432 ft (1,046 m) above sea level, which brings snow in the winter. During snow storms and fog, check for road conditions before traveling there.
Highway 70 on the west side of Quincy is the North Fork Feather River in the Feather River Canyon which is over an hour's drive on windy roads and through some great tunnels and over some great bridges.
Coming from the east is around an hour and a half drive from Reno, more or less.
On the northwest side, Quincy begins at Gansner Park at Spanish Creek on Highway 70. Then there is the Gansner Field Airport. But before this there is a turnoff West to Feather River College on Golden Eagle Ave. Highway 70 is now called Crescent Street from here to downtown. As you get closer to downtown you will notice a giant white building up ahead which is the Plumas County Courthouse. Right before you get there the street splits up to 2, 1-way roads and turns left. The east-bound road is Main Street and the west-bound road is Lawrence Street. Right after it splits up, there is another intersection which Main Street turns into Bucks Lake Road which goes out of town toward the hospital, Meadow Valley, and Bucks Lake which goes West. Going East on Main Street is downtown Quincy where you will see many small shops, restaurants, etc. If you are heading toward Plumas County Museum, you will want to go behind the Plumas County Courthouse to Jackson Street. Across the street from the museum on Jackson Street is the Plumas County Library. Going East on Main Street you eventually get to the Post Office on the left side. The Post Office is in the middle of Main Street and Lawrence Street (which is the west-bound road). A little farther down Main Street you will get to where Lawrence Street and Main Street come together again and form the 2-way Main Street again. A short distance from there is the shopping center on the right side and the stop lights. On the left side is the High School. Going past that you will start climbing up a short hill and over and back down and now you are in East Quincy. East Quincy has the Plumas County Fairgrounds which is the turnoff on the left-side. East Quincy also has a shopping center on the left and more shops, restaurants, etc. Past East Quincy and you will be on Highway 70 going East toward Portola, CA and it ends at Highway 395 which goes to Reno.
There are a lot of nice forests, streams, and lakes to camp and explore around Quincy.
Fishing, hunting, camping, and hiking surrounds Quincy in Plumas County in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. You can go to the yearly county fair, see a movie at the theater, visit the many shops and restaurants, and spend an afternoon at Gansner Park at Spanish Creek. You can also take a short drive to Snake Lake off Bucks Lake Road. If you like golf, you can take a day-trip to the town of Graegle to the East on Highway 70 and play a round. But fishing, hiking, hunting, camping, and boating are the main attractions around this great community.
- Safeway, 20 E. Main St. (Plumas Pines Shopping Center), ☏ .
- Quincy Natural Foods, 269 Main St. (West of Post Office), ☏ .
- Sav Mor Foods, 1947 E. Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Dollar General, 1905 E. Main St. (East Quincy Near Sav Mor Foods), ☏ .
- Grocery Outlet, 1715 E Main St (East Quincy near Napa Auto Parts), ☏ .
- Rite Aid, 40 E. Main St. (Plumas Pines Shopping Center), ☏ . Includes gifts, food, clothing, cards, toys, sporting goods, etc.
- Quincy Pharmacy, 411 Main Street (Downtown Quincy, east of the theater.), ☏ .
- Barn Owl Books, 373 West Main St., ☏ .
- The Toy Store, 383 West Main St., ☏ .
- Roper's (Across the highway from Safeway.). Cowboy apparel and items.
- American Valley Hardware, 30 E. Main St. (Plumas Pines Shopping Center), ☏ . Includes home supplies, sporting goods, etc.
- T's 2 Go, 365 West Main St (Next to My Sister's Closet), ☏ .
- My Sister's Closet, 367 West Main St (Next to Ty's 2 Go), ☏ .
- Quincy Thrift, 484 Main St. (Across the street and a little over from the Courthouse.), ☏ .
- Bargain Boutique, 405 West Main St. (Across the street from Sweet Lorraine's.), ☏ .
- The Hope Chest, 2095 E. Main St. (East Quincy, down the street East of SavMor on the same side of the road.), ☏ .
- Forest Stationors, Inc., 531 West Main St., ☏ .
- Downtown Barber Shop, 509 West Main St.
- Plumas Motor Supply and Radio Shack, 85 Main St (Other side of the road from shopping center near Lawrence Street.), ☏ (Radio Shack), (Plumas Motor Supply).
- Town Hall Theater, 469 Main St., ☏ .
- Plumas Arts Gallery, 525 Main St, ☏ .
- Main Street Artist Gallery, 432 Main St (Next to Jenelli's Bakery.), ☏ .
- Napa Auto Parts, 1759 E Main St (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Mountain Building Supply, 1947 Lee Rd, ☏ .
- Feather River Outdoors, 373 Main Street (Next to the bookstore downtown.), ☏ .
- La Sierra Lanes Bowling, 1735 E Main St, Quincy, CA 95971 (East Quincy), ☏ .
- West End Theatre, 541 Main St. live theatre, children's theatre
- Styx N Stones (Behind One Stop Gas Station which is at 2003 E. Main St., East Quincy.). Antique Store
- East Quincy Barber Company, 2011 E Main Street (In East Quincy near One Stop Gas Station and the DMV, but not in shopping center.).
- O'Reilly Auto Parts, 1750 E Main Street (In East Quincy near Golden King Chinese Restaurant.), ☏ .
- Angela's Bakery, 2336 East Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Jeffrey's Pub and Grub, 525 West Main St. (across the street from the county courthouse), ☏ .
- Midtown Coffee, 231 West Main St. (Inside building next to Post Office.), ☏ .
- Express Coffee Shop, 875 East Main St. (Highway 70) (On top of hill between Quincy and East Quincy.), ☏ .
- Golden King Chinese Restaurant, 1730 East Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Grandma Jane's Place Bakery, 446 Main St (Across the street from the theater.), ☏ .
- Knook, 437 Main St., ☏ .
- Mill Creek Fish N Chips, 1760 East Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Moons Restaurant, 497 Lawrence St, ☏ .
- Morning Thunder, 557 Lawrence St., ☏ .
- Pangea, 461 West Main St., ☏ .
- Papa Murphy's Pizza, 231 West Main St. (Next to Post Office.), ☏ . Take and bake pizza at home.
- Papa's Donuts, 1690 E Main St (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Paradise Grill, 40 E. Main St. (Plumas Pines Shopping Center near Safeway), ☏ .
- Round Table Pizza, 60 E. Main St. (Plumas Pines Shopping Center near Safeway.), ☏ .
- The Polka Dot, 2043 E. Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ . (Not open in the winter.)
- Subway, 23 Crescent St., ☏ .
- Sweet Lorraine's, 384 West Main St., ☏ .
- Cedarling, 2061 E Main St. (East Quincy, just east of The Polka Dot.), ☏ .
- Quintopia Brewing Co, 541 Main Street (Across the street from Courthouse on the corner.), ☏ .
- Gold Pan Lodge, 200 Crescent St. (Highway 70), ☏ .
- Pine Hill Motel, 42075 Highway 70 (Just North-West of Quincy.), ☏ .
- Ada's Place, 562 Jackson St., ☏ .
- Ranchito Motel, 2020 E Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Lariat Lodge, 2370 E. Main St. (East Quincy), ☏ .
- Spanish Creek Motel, 233 Crescent St. (Highway 70), ☏ .
- Quincy Courtyard Suites, 436 Main St, ☏ .
Quincy is a starting point to many campgrounds and lakes in the area. Bucks Lake and Snake Lake have campgrounds off Bucks Lake Road. Or you can venture and camp at many other lakes in the region: Lake Davis near Portola off Highway 70, Round Valley Reservoir near Greenville off Highway 89, Lake Almanor near Chester off Highway 89, Mountain Meadows Reservoir near Westwood off Highway 36, Antelope Lake near Greenville (but before you get to Greenville you turn East) off Highway 89, and the Gold Lake region near Graegle off Highway 70. Please bring a map to make traveling easier.
|Routes through Quincy|
|Mount Shasta ← Chester ←||N S||→ Jct S N → Truckee|