Ráckeve (German: Rautzenmarkt, Serbian: Српски Ковин) is a town on the southern end of the Csepel Island in Pest County about 40 km south of Budapest. The newer part is on the east side of Danube river. The almost 10,000 residents are mostly Magyars, with a Serb minority.
- 1 HÉV Station (Ráckevei HÉV állomás), Kossuth L. u. 117. (One km north of Center), ☏ . Daily 06:00-17:00. Trains connecting hourly or so with Budapest Vágóhíd station. Volanbusz season ticket cash desk operating on Rackeve suburban train station. Open every month from 26th to next month 10th day: M-F 06:00 to 18:00, Sa 06:00 to 14:00.
Volanbusz bus lines from HÉV Station bus stop: #665 depart from Ráckeve, vasútállomás (train station) to Szigethalom via Kiskunlacháza #669 depart from Ráckeve, vasútállomás (train station) to Dömsöd, Kossuth L. u. 136. via Kiskunlacháza train station, #670 going to Kiskunlacháza train station, #671 to southeast to Dömsöd, Kossuth L. u. 136., #697 to south, to Makád, #698 depart southwest to Lórév, #675 to south, to Makád, #676 to south to Ráckeve, Bus Round.(the last two both just passing), #676 Budapest, Vermes Miklós utca- via Tököl.
- 2 Ráckeve, Bus Round (Ráckeve, autobusz forduló), Becsei út (Close to Landler Jenő street). It is just a turning point for Volanbusz #676 line depart/turning back to Budapest, Vermes Miklós street stop/terminal. Intercity, suburban and long distance bus (rail) network. Other suburban bus lines pass it as: toward south 661, 675, 697 all going to Makád (next small settlement), toward north #661 going to Szigethalom bus station via Kiskunlacháza, #675 to "Budapest, Vermes Miklós street." via Szigetszentmárton and Tököl, 697 going to Ráckeve, HÉV Station.
- 3 Tourinform Rackeve, Eötvös u. 1. (Next to the former Town Hall), ☏ , fax: . mid Jun–Aug: M-F 09:00-17:00, Sa Su 10:00-17:00; Sep-mid Jun: M-F 08:00-16:00, Sa Su closed. Information about sights, accommodations, restaurants and programmes in Ráckeve and its neighbourhood. Free brochures, maps, postcards, ticket sales for most of the country’s programmes.
- 1 Our Lady Serbian Orthodox Church (Nagyboldogasszony templom), Viola utca 1. (North of the Town Hall), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Apr-Oct: M closed, Tu-Sa 10:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Su 14:00-17:00. Nov-Mar: M-F closed, Sa 10:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00, Su 13:00-16:00. This church is the only standing Gothic Serbian Orthodox Churches in Hungary and in Middle Europa. It was built in 1487. There are medieval frescos on the walls of the church. The baroque bell-tower located next to the church rests on a 16th-century foundation and was built in 1758 Ft 500.
- 2 St John Catholic Church (Keresztelő Szent János templom), Szent István tér 19. (Center), ☏ , fax: . Opening hours: Tu-W 09:00-12:00, Th F Sa 09:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:30, Su 13:00-17:00. It was built between 1791 and 1799, and the high altar is from the 1800s. The painting inside is Patay László’s work.
- 3 Reformed Church (Reformatus-templom), Kossuth Lajos utca (North of Catholic Church), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: Pastoral Office: Tu W Sa 08:00-11:30. The neogothic church stands on medieval foundation and was built in 1913.
- 4 Fegyó Béla Gallery, Thököly Imre utca 3. (East of Kék Duna Wellness Hotel), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10:00-16:00, M closed. Exhibition of contemporary paintings Admission: Free, guide: available..
- 5 [dead link] Keve Gallery (Keve Galéria), Kossuth Lajos utca 49 (Danube west side, north of the Bridge, next to Ács Károly Művelődési Központ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10:00-16:00, Sa closed, Su 10:00-16:00. Located in a Renaissance style building housing different contemporary applied and art exhibitions Admission: Free.
- 6 "Patay László" Art Gallery, Kossuth Lajos utca 26. (Next to Post office), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Contemporary art collection.
- 7 Savoyai Castle (Savoyai Kastély), Kossuth Lajos utca 95 (Located on the banks of the River Danube in a large park on Csepel Island. Northern part of the Town), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Ráckeve most impressive building in the baroque palace of Savoy, which in 1702 began to build the plans of architect Johann Lucas Hildebrandt. The castle was the first national monument of secular Baroque architecture. It operates as a hotel with restaurant and hosts conferences, balls, weddings, art exhibits, and concerts. The hotel has 30 rooms. Admission: free. Rooms with private bathrooms. Ft 9000/15000.
- 8 The statue of Árpád (Árpád szobor), Árpád tér (stands next to the Castle of Savoya on a little square). 24 hr. Árpád was a tribal leader who led the Hungarians to Carpathian Basin in 895. Free.
- 9 The statue of the Heroes (Hősök szobra), Hősök tere (Close to west end of the bridge). 24 hr. The statue of the Heroes, was made to remember those who died in the First World War. Free.
- 10 János Vitéz Fountain and the statue of St. István (János Vitéz kút és Szent István szobor), Szent István tér (Opposite to Catholic church). 24 hr. It was made for the remembrance of János the Valiant (1774-1847). He was a local shepherd boy who became a widely travelled Hussar captain. The story of his life gave the inspiration to one of the biggest Hungarian poet Petőfi Sándor (1823-1849) to write the legend of János Vitéz. The statue of St. János It was made for the remembrance of the Catholic saint St. János who was the patron saint of the millers and sailors. Made in Baroque style. Free.
- 11 Former City Hall (Régi Városháza), Kossuth Lajos utca 25. (Opposite to post office), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. It was built in 1901 in Art Nouveau style on the site of the former medieval City Hall. The Court-house and the children’s library can be found in it.
- 12 Customs-house (Vám ház) (Close to Árpád bridge), ☏ . This neo-Baroque building was built in the middle of the 1930s.
- 13 "Tree of life" Studio Gallery, Kossuth Lajos utca 114. (Near to HÉV Station), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Studio Gallery there are paintings and graphics of Mertl Attila. Mostly these are landscapes and allegorical landscapes. On the allegorical landscapes the trees symbolizes fates of humans. The pictures mades with pastel or oil on paper, on canvas, or on wood. Here can you see about 70-80 paintings for sale. free.
- 14 Ady Endre Highschool (Ady Endre gimnazium), Kossuth Lajos utca 82. (close to the Castle Hotel), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. This building is an example of the Arts and Crafts movement. The high school was founded in 1950. Valuable works of art can be seen in the entrance-hall.
- 15 Grave of Horváth Nepomuk János (Horváth János sírja), Nyár utca (in the Catholic cemetery.), ☏ . 24 hours. The toomb of Horváth Nepomuk János alias János the Valiant.
- 16 The water mill (Vizimalom.), Szegedi Kis István sétány (Western shore), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Apr-Oct: Tu-F 11:00-17:00, Sa Su 10:00-18:00, M closed. The water mill of Ráckeve is a technological and agricultural monument. A reconstructed the old boat mill. Tu-Sa Ft 300/person; Grinding Sunday show Ft 500/person.
- 17 Kiskunlacháza (6 km from the Danube river, Hwy 51 passes it. From Ráckeve east about 7 km, take a bus). Reformed Church, in front t of it is a "shame stone" or the pillory (1771). The Reformed Church was built in 1822-24. The Reformed Cleric House next to it was built in Classical Folk style in 1890. A free-standing, single storey, pitched roofed, L-shaped building. Street facade is simple, at two corner located one-one pilasters. The simple windows decorated with plaster frame. Front of yard facade runs a porch with columns The 18th century pillory is an interesting piece of local history (Hu: Református templom, lelkészlak. Kossuth Lajos utca 40. email@example.com), Peregi St. Michael's Catholic Church (1774) (Hu: Szent Mihály katolikus templom. Pereg district), Lacházi St. Ladislaus Catholic Church, (Hu:Lacházi (Szent László) katolikus templom. Lacház district). Angyalos house: here you can see the local historical collection. The house was built in 1906 in mixed eclecticism and historicism style. (Hu: Angyalosház. Loc:Kiskunlacháza, Szent Imre utca 40-42. firstname.lastname@example.org May-Oct: W 14:00-17:00). Cemetery chapel of Pereg (Hu:Peregi temető kápolna. Pereg district), Hajós mansion, the Classicist building now as a guest-house catering for equestrian tourists (Hu:Hajós-kúria – Bankháza. Hajós estate, on the outskirts of neighboring Apajpuszta).
- 1 Ács Károly Cultural Center (Ács Károly Művelődési Központ), Kossuth Lajos utca 51 (Next to Keve Gallery), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 08:00-16:00. It used to be the Black Eagle Restaurant. The building now serves as the cultural centre. Renaissance, Baroque architectural elements. Events, small exhibits.
- 2 Aqualand Complex, Ráckeve, Strand utca 4 (northeast half km from Ráckeve Station), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Water theme park. Covered swimming pool. Villapark. Wellnesscentrum. Camping. Hotel. Beautyfarm.
- 3 Angelic Island (Angyali-sziget) (North about 3 km. Can be reached only by boat. H6 suburban rail to stop 'Angyali sziget'. Walk east to the river look for pier (Hu: Angyali-sziget RÉV) and take a ferry), ☏ . A nature conservation area. The water area is very rich in flora and fauna, among others moats, floating moors and patches. The marsh turtles are noteworthy. A more than two km long, sedge and reed-lined island. Resting area, good for fishing, and for stew (BBQ) site.
- 4 Balaban Island (Balaban sziget), Balaban utca (Eastern shore, north of the Bridge), ☏ . It is a nature conservation area with Fish-handling. A nice side branches, trees bounded elderly. The island has rich flora and fauna. Part of the Peregi Forest Park Conservation Area.
- 5 Nobody Island (Senki Sziget) (East side, close to Somlyó utca), ☏ . A nature conservation area, covered with dense forest.
- 6 Szulai lake (Szulai tó), Péter biro utca (South of the Center). 24 hr. In the middle of my Szulai lake located in a small island on the lake and a playground. Suitable for ice-skating in winter. Free.
- 1 OTP Bank (Országos Takarékpénztár), Szent István tér 3 (Center, close to Town Hall), ☏ , , (Customer Service Center), fax: . M 07:45-17:00 Tu-F 07:45-15:00. Traded currencies: € and USD
- 2 Budapest Bank Ráckeve Branch (Ráckevei Fiók), Kossuth Lajos u. 47 (Close to the Bridge), ☏ , , fax: . M 08:00-17:00, Tu-Th 08:00-16:00, F 08:00-15:00. There is also an ATM.
- TESCO Ráckeve Szupermarket, (Ráckeve, Kossuth Lajos utca 100, T:+36 20 827 000), for supplies.
- 1 Bálványos Pension and Restaurant, Dömsödi út 34. (East of Danube, by Sport Stadium), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 10:00-22:00. A small pension, a (sport) beer bar and a restaurant. Dbl/tpl rooms Ft 7 000/10 500. Average price for food.
- 2 Csöni Restaurant, Szent János tér 3 (Szent János köz corner), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 11:00-22:00; Su 11:00-22:00; F Sa 11:00-23:00. A restaurant and café. Close to the town center, pleasant surroundings of the family-run restaurant.
- 3 "Kis Zeusz" - Greek Buffet (Görög büfé), Eötvös utca 5 (Just north of the Bridge), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 08:00-17:00, Sa 08:00-13:00, Su closed. A fast food restaurant. Salads, gyros, frappe and sandwiches. Cheap.
- 4 Hal-Ász Fish Bakery (Hal-ász halsütöde), Kossuth Lajos utca 21 (in the heart of Ráckeve near the bank of Danube, Városház street corner), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sep-May: 10:00-17:00, Jun-Aug: 10:00-20:00. Different fried fish plates. Home delivery
- 5 Sutyi & Sasi Restaurant and Pizzeria, Kastély utca 2 (located on the shore of Castle Lake, in the natural environment, near of MOL's gas station.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Th Su 10:00-22:00; F Sa 10:00-24:00. The food is mainly Hungarian, but you can find on the menu at the Italian pastas to fresh summer salads to other specialties as well.
More than a dozen accommodation waiting you, from camping to four star hotel categories.
- 1 Dunai Guesthouse (Dunai Vendégház), Keszeg sor 142. (About a km south from the Center), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It is a lovely cottage,-with open fireplace for BBQ, next to the Little Danube. Services: parking in a closed garden, sport accessories rental. Two rooms with six beds. Ft 12500 per room.
- 2 Kék Duna Wellness Hotel, Dömsödi út 1-3 (East 100 m from the bridge), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. This is a four-star hotel with double rooms and apartments (45 units). There is indoor swimming pool, outdoor swimming pool and many different wellness services. Also conference held here.There is an air-conditioned restaurant with panoramic terrace. The chef specialises in grilled food. double/apartment Ft 26 600-32 500/37 500-46 500.
- 3 Laguna Pension and Pub (Laguna Panzió), Kossuth Lajos út 108. (Very close to the HÉV Station), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fourteen rooms with bathroom. Services: catering, solarium, television, room services, 24-hour reception, bus parking, transfer, guarded parking, Wifi. Opening hours of the pub: Su-Th 09:00-22:00, F Sa 09:00-04:00. Disco nights with live music. Different wines and international mostly Italian food. Single /double Ft 4 000-7 000/6 000-12 000.
- 4 Postaköz Apartment, Posta köz 1/a (One block north of Reformed church), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. In the middle of the city in a very calm and quiet lane. Two doubles A private accommodation. Services: heated room, TV, refrigerator, well equipped kitchen, parking in a closed garden. double Ft 5300 per person.
Ráckeve postal code is: H-2300. Area Phone code: 24.