Central Hungary consists of only one county, Pest County. Budapest, the capital of the country, is the administrative center of the county, but constitutes a separate territorial unit.
- 1 Budaörs — Western Gate of Budapest
- 2 Cegléd — a small town with one of the largest Reformed churches
- 3 Dunakeszi — shopping city, Roman Harbour Fort remains
- 4 Érd — a suburb of Budapest
- 5 Esztergom — the first capital, the seat of Constitutional Court and the Roman Catholic Church of Hungary, home of the biggest church in Central Europe.
- 6 Gödöllő — a town east of Budapest most famous for its former royal palace
- 7 Szentendre — picturesque town on the Danube just north of Budapest
- 8 Szigetszentmiklós
- 9 Vác — a town on the Danube bend with several churches and lots of baroque architecture
Budapest based almost every public transport lines. This means sometimes must go first to Budapest and then out to your destination, even that means a much longer way.
- Swimming, angling at quarry lakes (Stay safe!)
The tap water all area potable.
There are some quarry lake which is just partly usable for swimming. Also couple of its signed for nudist beaches in this region like Délegyháza (to the south) and Szigetmonostor to the north.
In hunting season (Oct to Feb) look for warnings about some closed areas in forests and hills of Pilis.
Wintertime some part of the Hills closed due to slip hazard.