Esztergom is a town in the Danube Bend region, on the right bank of the river Danube, that is, on the border between Slovakia and Hungary. The biggest basilica (church) of Central Europe can be found in Esztergom.
- From Budapest drive out in direction Buda north on road No 10 (Pilisvörösvár-Dorog-Esztergom) - about 45 km
- From Budapest drive out in direction Buda north on road No 11 then turn left at Szentendre towards Pomáz and climb the Pilis hills to arrive at Esztergom -about 50 km
- From Budapest drive out in direction Buda north on road No 11 and follow the Danube along (Szentendre-Visegrád-Esztergom) - about 65 km. This route is longer than the previous ones but much more scenic.
- From Slovakia: Bratislava-Komarno-Štúrovo E 575, then local road no. 63, and cross the Danube river at Sturovo
- From Vienna: E60, E75 highway, in Hungary M1 till way out at Komárom (9 km), then local roads no. 10 and no. 11 till Esztergom
- 1 Train station (roughly a twenty minutes walk from the town center and basilica.). Budapest: #1 local train from Nyugati PU. (Western Railstation) about 45 km.or #2 InterCity/EuroCity fast trains departing from Keleti PU. (Eastern Railstation) For example, the IC 170 runs from Budapest to Berlin with a stop in Štúrovo. Štúrovo railway station is on the opposite side of the Danube from Esztergom, in the Slovakian town of Štúrovo. Getting the train to Štúrovo involves a longer walk (1-1½ hours) to Esztergom. However, it offers the novelty of travelling by train just over the Hungary-Slovakia border, then walking back to into Hungary on the new bridge over the river Danube. If you are only interested in the view, it is faster to just walk across the bridge for the view and then back to Esztergom.
- Bus station (in the town center, a 2-minute walk from the main square). #1Budapest-Dorog-Esztergom (45 km) or #2 Budapest-Visegrád-Esztergom (65 km) local far-distance Volan bus line from Árpád Bridge Volan bus station in Pest. #3 take HÉV suburb train from Buda Batthyány Square till end-station in Szentendre, than Volan bus line Szentendre-Visegrád-Esztergom.
- Port Esztergom (Kishajó kikötő). Daily boat line MAHART Passnave from Budapest Vigadó Square at Pest.
- 1 Esztergom Basilica (The Main Cathedral of Ascension and primate St. Adalbert, Esztergomi Főszékesegyház, Mennyekbe Felvett Boldogságos Szűz Mária, Nagyboldogasszony és Szent Adalbert prímási főszékesegyház vagy esztergomi bazilika), Szent István tér 1. (on castle hill.), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer (27 Mar – 27 Oct): 08:00-18:00, Winter: 08:00-16:00. The town's claim to fame and the largest basilica in the country. It was in a church built on the same spot that the Hungarian king Vajk was baptised and from then on known as Saint Stephen. Rebuilt according the plans of Pál Kühnel, János Páckh and József Hild from 1822 to 1869. The Basilica of Esztergom, being the cathedral of the Primate of Hungary, is the first in rank, and also the largest among the churches in the country. The church in the place of the present Basilica was founded by King St. Stephen during the first decade of our statehood. The classicist church is enormous: the height of the dome is 71.5 meters; it has giant arches and an enormous altar-piece by Michelangelo Grigoletti. On one side, in the Saint Stephen chapel, the glittering relics of Hungarian and other nations’ saints and valuable jewellery can be seen. On the south side, the Bakócz Chapel, the only one that survived the Middle Ages, can be seen. Entrance to the basilica is free.
- 2 Treasury (Kincstár), ☏ . Jun-Aug: 09:00-18:00, Feb-May and Sep-Oct: till 17:00, Nov-Jan: till 16:00. It has many masterpieces of medieval goldsmith's works. The western European masters hands are praised by such items as the crown silver cross that has been used since the 13th century, the ornate chalices, Francesco Francia’s processional cross, the upper part of the well-known ‘Matthias-Calvary’ which is decorated in the rare ronde-bosse enamel technique, also there is a vast collection of traditional Hungarian and European textiles, including chasubles, liturgical vestments and robes. Ft&nbdp;900, Students and pensioners: Ft&nbdp;500.
- 3 Crypt (Kripta). Mar–Oct 09:00-17:00, Nov–Feb 10:00-16:00, 24 Dec closed. The huge crypt, built in Old Egyptian style in 1831, is today the resting place of late archbishops, among others, József Mindszenty, famous for his opposition to Nazi and Communist rule. Ft&nbdp;200.
- 4 Lookout, Cupola (Kupola kilátó). Apr–Oct: 09:30-17:00, can be visited in good weather only.. Almost 400 steps lead up to the dome's balcony from the entrance of the basilica. The spherical over dome is 2.5 m in diameter, the cross is 7 m tall. Ft&nbdp;700.
- 5 Organ (Orgona). The organ has five manuals and by 2006 had 85 stops working out of the planned 146. The organ contains the largest organ pipes in Hungary, 10 m long. The smallest pipe is 7 mm. It is one of the largest organs in Europe, surpassing all organs in Hungary in volume and in the variety of stops.
- 6 Jesuits parish-church (Loyolai Szent Ignác Parish Church, Belvárosi templom, Loyolai Szent Ignác Plébánia Templom), Esztergom, Mindszenti Hercegprímás tere 1 (in the centre of the Víziváros (Watertown)), ☏ , fax: . The Water District, twin-towered church built by the Jesuits between 1728 and 1738 in Baroque style, by the architect Ignác Oratsek. Most of the original equipment and Baroque Organ under World War II destroyed, but is still can see the Baroque Baumgartner's altars which were made in 1735-1737.
- 7 St. Peter and Paul Church of Inner City Parish (Esztergomi Szent Péter és Pál plébánia, Belvárosi plébánia), Esztergom, IV. Béla király utca 3./ Deák Ferenc utca (south of City Hall), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Parish office: M-F 15:00-18:00. The St. Peter's parish was the predecessor of today's inner city parish, and was first mentioned in 1294. the St. Peter and Paul Church was built in 1699 on its walls. After extended in 1762, Archbishop Ferenc Barkóczy consecrated the huge, ancient, baroque church (990 m²). The main altarpiece depicting St. Peter and St. Paul, donate Kolos Vaszary Archbishop in 1896. The Baroque high altar was replaced in 1900 with a marble high altar. The fence of the wall of the church placed a St. John Nepomuk statue (18th century) monument. Similarly, a monument the parish house (1784). Throughout the year there is pilgrim accommodation here, by appointment.
- 8 Saint Anne (Downtown) Franciscan church (Belvárosi ferences templom (Szent Anna-templom)), Bottyán János St., 10 (Close to Főapát Way), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Single-towered building, also masterpiece of Baroque architecture. Built between 1700–1755.
- 9 Baroque Calvary, with the Classicist chapel (Szent Tamás Calvary and Saint Stephen Chapel, Szent Tamás hegyi kálvária és kápolna), Saint Thomas Hill (Szent Tamás hegy) (On the southern slopes of the Saint Thomas Hill, 1 km east of Esztergom Airport, cross over Szentléleki Creek, toward south on Látóhegyi road further about 600 m and turn to east 500 m to the church), ☏ , fax: . These were built to commemorate the heroes who died for Esztergom. The hill was named after a church built by Bishop Lukács Bánffy in memoriam the martyr Saint Thomas Becket, who had been his fellow student at the University of Paris. The church which the Turks built there were destroyed a long time ago. In 1823, Bishop János Benyovszky canon was built in honor of Our Lady of Sorrows a classicist, the historic chapel. A six stationed way leading up to the hill. Before the chapel seen a monumental sculpture group - crucifix, the Virgin Mary, Saint János, Mary Magdalene, two thieves - dates back to 1781. The chapel locates the relic of Saint Thomas Becket. The Baroque Calvary was built in 1781. The classicist Calvary Chapel made in 1823 honored to Our Lady of Sorrows. The building has wall pillar, triangular vaults, small front tower, which is behind the pediments.
- 10 Church of Saint Anne (Kerektemplom), Esztergom, Rudnay Sándor tér 9 (halfway between downtown and train station), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 08:00-16:00. This neoclassical style Roman Catholic church situated on the southern city of Esztergom. Church was built on the initiative of Sándor Rudnay archbishop, who the building to 'miniature' copy of the Basilica the intended.
- 11 Ozitseli Hadji mosque (Özicseli Hadzsi Ibrahim-dzsámi), Watertown (Viziváros), Berenyi Zsigmond utca 18 (north of the Christian Museum), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 10:00-20:00. Built on the ruins of the medieval tower Veprech. In 1239 it was the northest stronghold of the city. The tower was rebuilt several times over the years. The foot gate was walled. The upper part of the tower converted into a mosque with a minaret, in 17th century. Now, the Ozitseli mosque part of a residential house and the Minaret is missing.
- 12 Orthodox church (Rác Templom), Kossuth Lajos utca, 60 (Close to Magyar Street, west of Bus Station). Built around 1770 by Serbian settlers in Esztergom.
- 13 Convent Church (Exaltation of the Holy Cross Church, Zárdatemplom - Szent Kereszt felmagasztalása (volt Ferences Templom)), Pázmány Péter utca 18 (Close to Bálint Balassa Museum), ☏ , fax: . Founded by Marianus Franciscans in 1685. Built a stone church in honor of the Holy Cross and a convent between 1726 and 1750. Later the archives of primate and the archbishop's library placed in the convent and church. Then the former Franciscan convent and church receive by the Pauline Sisters order named St. Vince and the seminary is moved to here.
- 14 Christian Museum (Keresztény Múzeum, Érseki Palota), Mindszenty ter 2 (Downtown area), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mar-Nov: Tu-W F-Su 10:00-17:00, closed M Th. The world's third-largest diocesan museum after the Vatican and Munich (Freising). The biggest ecclestial collection in Hungary. The museum is in the Primate's Palace in the Watertown part of town. The permanent exhibitions include: Hungarian, Austrian and German late Gothic painting and sculpture (15th-16th centuries), Italian Renaissance and Baroque painting (13th-18th centuries), Hungarian, Austrian and German Baroque painting (17th-18th centuries), Flemish painting (15th-16th centuries), Tapestries (15th-20th centuries), collection of Orthodox icons and metalwork (16th-20th centuries), Applied Arts collection: goldsmith works, ivory carvings, clocks, boxes, ceramics, glass, paintings, oriental rugs knotted (12-20th century.) Ft 900.
- 15 Castle Museum (Magyar Nemzeti Múzeum Esztergomi Vármúzeuma), Szent Istvan ter 1 (Next to the basilica.), ☏ . Nov-Mar 10:00-16:00, Apr-Oct 10:00-18:00, closed Monday. Hungarian guided tours hourly, English, German tours every two hours (tours: approx. 60 minutes). The castle was built on ancient Roman foundations. Exhibits in seven rooms and Castle chapel. Four permanent exhibitions are here: Centuries of Esztergom, Decorative Weapons collection of the Hungarian National Museum, History of the Hungarian coinage, and the Stone Storage (Lapidarium) Adult Ft 1300 (include guided visit to 12-16th century residential spaces of Royal and Archbishop's Palace, and to the throne room, small-Romanian Palace, the residential tower lookout terrace.), Walk Ticket: Ft 500 (only to courtyard, Stonework-Lapidarium and ornamental weapons exhibition)..
- 16 Bálint Balassa Museum (Balassa Bálint Múzeum), Mindszenty József tér 5 (Downtown area), ☏ . Local and regional history museum. This building was built in Baroque style on medieval bases in Víziváros (Watertown), served as the first town hall of Esztergom county after the Turks had been driven out of the region. Branch units: #1 Pázmány Péter street "old county hall" (Pázmány Péter utcai „régi megyeháza”) temporary exhibition hall, archaeological warehouse, photography and restoration workshop; #2 Babits Memorial House (Babits Mihály Emlékház): Babits Memorial Exhibition, off Siszler st. (47.7905, 18.7508); #3 Pilisszentlélek village:Slovak folk house (szlovák tájház) Hunyadi János Street. 42; #4 Dömös village: Provostal ruins and Árpád-era crypt (Prépostsági romok és Árpád-kori altemplom)
- 17 Mihály Babits Museum (Babits-villa), Babits Mihály u 11 (by car: Take Siszler u. opening from the main road). House of famous 20th-century poet Mihály Babits.
- Wine Museum (Bormúzeum, Esztergomi prímási pincerendszer) (beneath Castle Hill and the Basilica). Wine Museum in the Esztergom primate's cellar system. The neo-classical cellar system is a total 3,700 m². The Dark Gate tunnel divided in two parts. The height of is 11 m.
- Monument buildings of Széchenyi square, Széchenyi square. One of the town's latest sights. It was completely rebuilt in 2006. It's the main square of Esztergom with mostly baroque buildings, fountains and restaurants. No. 1 Vak Bottyán Palace (City Hall) (Vak Bottyán-palota,Városháza), No. 4 Brunner House (Brunner-ház ), No. 6 Niedermann House (Niedermann-ház ), No. 7 Groh or Lucky House (Gróh-, vagy Szerencsés-ház), No. 16 Medieval House (Középkori ház alapfalai), No. 13 House (Lakóház), No. 14 House (Lakóház), No. 19 House (Lakóház), No. 15 Pozzi House (Pozzi-ház), No. 24-26 Kollár House (Kollár-ház), No. 12 Frey House (Frey-ház), No. 21 Savings mansions (Takarékpénztári bérpalota), No. 23 Rudolf House (Rudolf-ház), No. 25 Rochlitz pharmacy (Rochlitz-patika)
- Cathedral Library (Főszékesegyházi Könyvtár), At corner of Pázmány Péter St and Liszt Ferenc St (in the southern part of the town, Watertown (Víziváros) district). Built in 1853 according to plans by József Hildis one of the richest religious libraries of Hungary, accommodating approximately 250,000 books, among which several codices and incunabula can be found, such as the Latin explanation of the ‘Song of Songs’ from the 12th century, the ‘Lövöföldi Corvina’ originating from donations of King Matthias, or the Jordánszky-codex, which includes the Hungarian translation of the Bible from 1516-1519.
- Bath Hotel (Fürdő Szálló). A historical, Classicist building
- Town Hall. (Városháza, régi Vak Bottyán Palota), Széchényi square, 1. iused to be thr single-floor curia of Vak Bottyán (János Bottyán, Bottyán the Blind), the Kuruc general (1689). The first floor was constructed on its top in 1729. The house burnt down in the 1750s. It was rebuilt in accordance with the plans of a local architect, Antal Hartmann. Upon its façade there is a red marble carving which presents the coat of arms of Esztergom (a palace within the castle walls, protected by towers, with the Árpáds’ shields below.)
- The equestrian statue of Vak Bottyán (on the corner of the Town Hall). Created by István Martsa, it commemorates the original owner of the Town Hall.
- Trinity-statue, Széchényi square. This was created by György Kiss in 1900.
- Decorated Baroque houses, Bottyán János St (near the Town Hall).
- Sándor Earl palace (Opposite the Franciscan church). Baroque
- 18 Esztergom Castle (Vár), Szent István tér 2. On the right bank of the river is rising, on high ground bounded by more than fifty meters high precipitous walls. In the 18th century gradually dismantled protective works. In 1869 was completed the monumental Basilica on the site of the older church. 'Esztergom Castle Theatre' (Esztergomi Várszínház) is Esztergom's only open-air theater. It is the south side of the castle, at the Budai tower.
- 19 Old Seminary (Ószeminárium, Nagyszeminárium,Szent Adalbert Központ), Szent István tér 10.. The ószeminárium more than 80 m long. Elevation difference between the northern and southern facade of 10 m for this reason there is a two-story substructure. On the south - overlooking the Basilica - façade neoclassic. The north façade was made romantic style. Either side of the entrance are statues of George Szelepcsényi and Nicholas Olah archbishops
- Bottyan Bridge (Bottyan Híd).
- Former Synagogue.
- Courthouse (Bíróság), Széchenyi István tér 22..
- Csurgó Spring (Csurgó-forrás).
- 20 Dark gate (Sötétkapu). This is a passage in the huge artificial slope of Castle Hill.Built in front of the basilica. The length is approximately 90 m. In one end is the Old Seminary (Ószeminárium), in the other is the Faculty John Vitez of Peter Pázmány Catholic University ( Pázmány Péter Katolikus Egyetem, Vitéz János Kar).
- Saint István statue (Szent István szobor), Szent István tér (near the Basilica). A the northern rondella of the Castle. A huge, 12 m high, limestone statue, which depicts the coronation of King Stephen made by Nicholas Melocco in 2001. The two-figure statue of two arched stone ribs with a cross on top of the statue
- Plague Madonna statue (Immaculata sculpture) (Pestis-Madonna szobor, Immaculata-szobor), Mindszenty József tér (Mindszenty tér and Pázmány utca crossing, at the corner of school blocks). Made in 1740, commemorating the plague in 1739.
- Old Archbishop's Palace, Baróth House (Régi érseki palota, Baróth-ház), Mindszenty József tér 4.
- Roman Catholic parish house, Mindszenty József tér 3.
- Roman Catholic Parish Church of Watertown (Vízivárosi római katolikus plébániatemplom), Mindszenty József tér 1.
- Statue of Blessed Eusebius (Boldog Özséb-szobor), Szent István tér (at the bottom of the ramp leading to Castle Hill, in the northeast corner). Blessed Eusebius was a canon of Esztergom. In his left hand hold a book. This statue was made in 1780.
- Canonical row of houses (Kanonoki házsor), Szent István tér 4–5-6–7-8–9.
- Kuklender Maria statue (Kukländer Mária-szobor), Szent István tér (south of the Basilica). Erected in 1710 by Thrückl Benigna, wife of the Castle Commander. The one of the oldest hungarian public monument. The Maria statue hold a crown, on right hand a Jesus with an 'apple of the state', on left hand is a scepter. There could be see the arms of the family Kukländer.
- St. Mark's Statue (Szent Kőrösi Márk-szobor), Szent István tér (at south-east end of the Square). Around in 1780. His right hand hold a palm leaf.
- St. László's Statue (Szent László-szobor), Szent István tér (Of the ramp leading to Castle Hill, north-west side). There is a sword in his left hand and his right hand holds an ax and the Holy Crown is on his head.This statue is a Joseph Hebenstreit creation.
- Statue of Our Lady of Hungary (Magyarok Nagyasszonya szobor), Szent István tér (Top of Castle Hill, in front of the Basilica). bronze, which is erected by a canon of Esztergom (Pór Antal), the occasion of the millennium of conquest. György Kis was the sculptor. This been set up in 1905. The 2m high statue is on a 3.7-meter pedestal.
- 21 Malom Bastion (Mill Bastion, Malom-bástya), Víziváros , Berényi Zsigmond utca 20.. Technical monument. Built in 1543. Here was a springs inside the Mill tower. Seerved the water supply to the Castle.
- 22 Kossuth Bridge (Kossuth híd), Watertown (Víziváros), Kis-Duna Promenad. northern tip of the Primate island is connected to the.
- 23 The Primatial Archives (Prímási Levéltár), Watertown (Víziváros). This is thelargest religious archives of Hungary. Founding in the early 11th century, The earliest inventory is at the beginning of the 15th century
- Library Simor, Archiepiscopal Simor Library (Simor Könyvtár, Érseki Simor Könyvtár, Latin: Bibliotheca Joannis Card. Simor), Watertown (Víziváros), Berényi Zsigmond utca 2. By appointment.. A part of the Primate's Palace. The colletion include about 70,000 volumes. Mostly about theology, history, science literature, philology, art history and education
- Former Priory church (Zárdatemplom), Watertown (Víziváros).
- 24 Mattyasovszky Bastion and Turkish bath (Hévízi tower, Mattyasovszky-bástya és török fürdő), Kis-Duna Promenade and the József Attila tér corner. the most southern section of the medieval defense system of Esztergom-Watertown. An archaeological area. As part of the fortification system of Watertown enjoy protected monument
- Archbishop János Simor residential house (Simor János érsek háza), Berényi Zsigmond utca 1.
- House of Alexander Rudnay archbishop (Rudnay Sándor esztergomi érsek háza), Berényi Zsigmond utca 3. one-story baroque building.
- Walls of the former waterside protection work (egykori vízi védőmű falai), Watertown (Víziváros), Berényi Zsigmond utca 5-11. Here the walls form the sides of houses.
- House (Reviczky-ház), Víziváros, Pázmány Péter u. (next to Cathedral Library). The galloping horsemen can be see above the gate, this is the Reviczky family's coat of arms. Storey, L-shaped, baroque, historic building.
- Former Polusin house (Polusin-ház), Pázmány Péter u. 9. In 1602 this one-story house was the residence of Esztergom Turkish Bey. The building was constructed of two houses.
- Old school complex (régi iskolakomplexum), By Katona István utca – Kis-Duna sétány – Pázmány Péter u. – Mindszenty tér closed area. Built in the early 20th century. Many educational institutions are housed; the St. Elizabeth School operates here.
- Former Franciscan friary and the Franciscan Church of the Holy Cross (volt ferences rendház és a Vízivárosi Szent Kereszt ferences templom), Pázmány Péter utca 18. This is a story that was made in the 1750s, and today the Friary of Satmar Sisters of Mercy (Szatmári Irgalmas Nővérek rendháza). The church is single towered.
- Old County Hall (régi Vármegye Háza), Watertown (Víziváros), Pázmány Péter u. 13. One-story, baroque building. Used as a Esztergom county hall between 1714 and 1805. Today here can be found the Balassa Bálint Museum.
- Turkish House (Török ház), Víziváros, Pázmány Péter u. 11. A single-story house next to Old County Hall. This is Baroque in its present form, but a significant part built in the Ottoman period.
- Copf house (Copf ház), Mindszenty Hercegprímás tere 5 (opposite Church of the Watertown). Copf (Louis XVI) style was built around 1780.
- 25 Bust of Queen Elizabeth (Erzsébet királyné mellszobra), Víziváros, Erzsébet Park. This is a 80 cm high, terracotta statue, a copy of the György Zala creations (1926).
- 26 Sobieski memorial (Sobieski-elmékmű), Víziváros, Erzsébet Park.
- 27 Maria Valeria Bridge (Mária Valéria Híd).
- 28 Kesztölc (South 9km of Esztergom. Take a bus to here. One km southeast of Kesztölc, Klastrompuszta district.). Ruined Monastery of Kesztölc (Hu:Kolostorrom) This remains in the Gothic style dates back to the second half of the 13th century. The hermit Paulines lived here. Press houses of Kesztölc. To Do exploring the Caves of Pilis Mountain: - Ariadne Cave system, 14km length, the third longest cave in Hungary (Loc: Ariadne-barlangrendszer), Ancient Cave (Loc:Ősi-barlang), Indications Cave (Loc:Indikációs-barlang), Gift Cave (Loc:Ajándék-barlang). Stay: Pince Guesthouse. Kesztölc, Petőfi Sándor utca 41., +36 30 258 8316, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Ft8000 per room.
- 1 Monastery ruins of Kesztölc, Kesztölc village (via Dorog, or from Pilisszentlélek west 1 km on the road Esztergom-Pilisszentkereszt-Pomáz Kesztölc east on Klastrom street to Klastrompuszta district). These ruins date to the second half of the 13th century, made in the Gothic style.
- El Greco Gallery. (See listing under Sleep.) Holds periodic exhibitions of contemporary arts.
- Thai massage. In the Vadregény Pension and Holidaypark.
- 1 Aquasziget Spa, Táncsics Mihály u. 5. Wellness spa.
- Loggia Cave (Kis Loggia-barlang).
- Sátorkőpuszta Cave (Sátorkőpusztai-barlang) (near Esztergom-Kertváros).
- 1 Tesco, Mátyás király utca 30. 05:00-22:00 (except national holidays).
- Aldi, Dobogókői út. 07:00-20:00. German supermarket chain.
- Park Center, Dobogókői út. Strip mall.
- Spar (former Plus), Esztergom-Kertváros, Damjanich utca. Supermarket.
- Lidl, Bánomi út. Supermarket.
- Lidl, Dobogókői út 39. Supermarket.
- Praktiker, Dobogókői út (Across Park Center). Home improvement and do-it-yourself goods.
- Anonymous restaurant, next to the Primate Palace
- 1 Caffe Grante Restaurant & Cafe, Dorogi út 5-7, ☏ . Restaurant M-Sa 12:00-20:00, Su closed. Cafe: Open M-Sa 08:00-22:00, Su 08:00-16:00. The mediterranean colors of the walls and the friendly staff provide a warm and snug environment. The terrace is open from March until October. Free parking in the large parking area is available in the whole year.- The restaurant is open for corporate parties and meetings up to 80 people.
- Múzeum Confectionery (Múzeum Cukrászda).
- 2 Csülök csárda, H-2500 Esztergom, Batthyány u. 9, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00 - 22:00.
- Cafe El Greco, 2500 Esztergom, Pázmány Péter utca 15. In the cosy, historical Viziváros. Here you can also visit periodic exhibitions of contemporary arts in the El Greco Gallery.
- Wilkinson Pub, Bajcsy-Zs.utca.
- Guest House El Greco, Pázmány Péter utca 15, ☏ , . In the beautiful historical quarter of Esztergom, the Viziváros (Watertown), neighboring the world famous Christian Museum, and also just a close walk away from the newly built Aquasziget Thermal and Wellness Spa.
- Pension Decsi (a five-minute walk from the center).
- Hotel Esztergom. At the foot of the Kossuth-bridge on Primate-island.
- Hotel Grante, ☏ . In the suburban part of Esztergom, about 5 km from the old town. (GPS: N 47 deg 45.218 min, E 18 deg 43.954 min).
- Vadregény Pension and Holiday Park. The scenic landscape of the Danube Band and the Búbánat valley near the city of Esztergom is the location of Vadregény Pension and Holiday Park. Those wishing to hike and recreate may spend their free time pleasantly on crystal air in the picturesque surroundings of the Duna-Ipoly National Park.
- Hotel Bellevue, ☏ , fax: . Őrtorony u 49, at Búbánat Valley, just outside town. Booking: 33/510-818, restaurant: 33/510-815
Free Wi-Fi is available on the main square (Széchenyi square).
- Central Post Office (Posta), Széchenyi István tér 3.. FormerBischitzky-Müller House Monument.
- Nagymaros – town 24 km east
- Nyergesújfalu – town 16 km west
- Pilisvörösvár – town 29 km southeast
- Pomáz – town 31 km southeast
- Štúrovo (Párkány) – town in Slovakia on the other bank of Danube river
- Szob – town 14 km northeast
- Visegrád – town 24 km east