Reşiţa is the capital city of the Caras-Severin County. An important iron and steel centre, Reşiţa is the site of blast furnaces, iron foundries, and plants producing electrical appliances, chemicals and machinery. A locomotive museum featuring Romania's first locomotives is located in Reşiţa, in the Triaj neighborhood.
During the Austrian Empire's rule, Reşiţa was an important industrial center, focusing on heavy machinery, transportation technology and iron works.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Museum of Banat Highlands (Muzeul Banatului Montan), Str. Republicii 10, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed for renovation. Free.
- 2 Steam Engines Museum (Muzeul Locomotivelor cu Abur).
- 3 Zoological Park (Parcul Zoologic).
- 4 Old Religious Art Collection (Colecția de Artă Veche Bisericească), Str. Libertăţii 38, ☏ .
- 5 Secu Lake (Lacul Secu).
- 1 Piața Reșița Sud. Traditional marketplace
- Anotimpurile, Calea Timişorii 2, ☏ .
- Aristocrat, Bulevardul I.L.Caragiale 2-3, ☏ .
- 1 Casa Bănățeană. A bit far from the city center, but the food is good.
- Flora, Bulevardul Al.I Cuza 5 A, ☏ .
- Gambrinus, Bulevardul Republicii 21, ☏ .
- La Grasu, Corbului. 09:00-21:00.
- 2 Motif. Fancy-ish place with good food.
- Nera, Piaţa 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.3, ☏ .
- Pizza Rebel, Bulevardul Al.I.Cuza Bl.1 EA, ☏ . speciality:pizza 15 lei.
- 3 Restaurant Unic.