Rohnert Park is a city located in Sonoma County in the Bay Area of California. Rohnert Park is a small city of about 45,000 residents. The city of Rohnert Park, although beautiful, does not offer much regarding tourism.
Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit, or SMART, connects Rohnert Park with Sonoma County Airport, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Novato, San Rafael, and Larkspur, with ferry connections to San Francisco. The extension north to Cloverdale is expected to be completed by 2021 or 2022.
Most people use a personal vehicle, however, there is a bus system and several taxis. The streets are very friendly for bikes, or walking. The two main bus lines are Sonoma County Transit and Golden Gate Transit.
Play tennis, softball or soccer at one of the many parks. Walk or bike on one of the paths that run through the city.
- 1 Chuck E. Cheese, 601 Rohnert Pk Exprwy, ☏ . Su–Th 11AM–9PM, F 11AM–10PM, Sa 10AM–10PM. Visit on a Monday-Thursday (avoid weekends).
- 2 Reading Cinemas, 555 Rohnert Park Expwy West, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Catch a movie at this large and beautiful theater.
- 3 Foxtail Golf Club, 100 Golf Course Drive, ☏ . Play a few rounds of golf at the two beautiful public golf courses, North and South.
- 4 Scandia (Scandia Family Fun Center), 5301 Redwood Dr, ☏ . Su–Th 10AM–9PM, F Sa 10AM–11PM. Play mini-golf, ride the go karts, experience the batting cages and arcade.
- Rohnert Park Aquatics. The City of Rohnert Park Aquatics program operates three pools. Honeybee Pool operates year round; Magnolia and Benicia Pools operate seasonally from June through August. Each pool offers a variety of programming including swim lessons, lap swim, public swim and pool rentals. Lap swim is $5 for a one-day drop-in pass ($4 if a senior).
- 5 Crane Creek Regional Park, 6107 Pressley Road. A 128-acre park to the east of Sonoma State University.
- 6 Cal Skate, 6100 Commerce Blvd, ☏ . Roller skating.
- Double Decker Lanes, 300 Golf Course Dr, ☏ . Bowling; 50 state-of-the-art lanes with bumpers and automatic scoring.
- Graton Casino and Resort, 288 Golf Course Dr W, ☏ . Open 24 hours daily. The lively casino is the largest in California north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Rohnert Park has lots of big box stores, including Target, Walmart, Costco, Ashley Furniture, and Home Depot.
In addition to the locally owned places listed here, Rohnert Park also offers many chain restaurants. Supermarkets include Safeway, Raley's, Food Maxx, Grocery Outlet, and Pacific Market
- Hana Japanese Restaurant, 101 Golf Course Dr. Voted best Japanese restaurant in Sonoma County.
- Hunan Kitchen. Combo meals for $4-$6. Located on Commerce, behind KFC.
- Black Bear Diner, 6255 Commerce Blvd. Old fashioned family food for around $10.
- Mary's Pizza Shack, 101 Golf Course Dr. Delicious Italian food.
- Taqueria El Favorito. Authentic Mexican food for about $5.
- 1 Amy's Drive Thru, 58 Golf Course Drive West, ☏ . Daily 6AM–10PM. A fast-food restaurant with an all-vegetarian menu of burgers, burritos, pizza, salad, and of course milk shakes. Many vegan and gluten-free options. Aims to use local and sustainable ingredients and materials. Entrees $5.
- Bear Republic Brewing Company, 5000 Roberts Lake Rd, ☏ . Has one of the loveliest patios in Sonoma County, with a view of small man-made lake; plenty of great brews available
- Old Caz Beer, 5625 State Farm Drive, Suite 17, ☏ . Th-F 4-10PM; Sa Su noon-10PM. Old Caz brews can be found at more than three dozen bars and restaurants in Sonoma County. The new (June 2019) taproom seats 35; it also sells growlers to go.
- Quincy's Pub & Cafe, 6590 Commerce Blvd # D, ☏ .
- Sally Tomatoes, 1100 Valley House Dr, ☏ . M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 5PM-9PM. Sally Tomatoes is a cafe/bar/event center located in the Sonoma Mountain Village Community. ST serves delicious salads, outstanding burgers, some wonderful Italian specialties, and raspberry brownies to die for. Happy Hour is M-F 4PM-6PM. $8-12.
In additionm neighboring Cotati is famous for a stretch of bars in the downtown area nicknamed 'The Cotati Crawl'.
- Best Western Inn, 6500 Redwood Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- Cambria Sonoma, 5870 Labath Avenue, ☏ . Opened August 2020, with 132 rooms, pool, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge. Part of the Choice Hotels system.
- Doubletree Sonoma Hotel, One Doubletree Dr, toll-free: . Close to the freeway (Golf Course Drive exit) and a stop for the Sonoma County Airport Express, so the hotel is easy to get to either by car or otherwise. Also very close to Foxtail Golf Club - the north course is across the street.
- Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park, 5040 Redwood Dr, ☏ .
- Graton Resort & Casino, 288 Golf Course Dr W, ☏ . The most expensive hotel rooms in Rohnert Park, opened November 2016, this is the obvious choice if you're planning to spend a lot of time at the casino. One reason for the higher price is size - the King rooms are 550 square feet.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 6248 Redwood Dr, ☏ .
- Motel 6 Rohnert Park, 6145 Commerce Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park, 67 Golf Course Dr W., ☏ . Opened in 2017, this is just down the road from the Graton Casino and Resort.
- Rodeway Inn Wine Country, 6288 Redwood Dr, ☏ . A budget hotel offering discount hotel accommodations, complimentary breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool, a convenient location, and free wireless Internet.
|Routes through Rohnert Park|
|Eureka ← Santa Rosa ←||N S||→ Cotati → San Francisco|
|END ← Santa Rosa ←||N S||→ Cotati → San Rafael|