Roxas City is the capital city of Capiz, known for its wide seafood markets.
Formerly the town of Capiz, also the name of its province, Roxas, named after the 4th President of the Philippines (which is also its most famous native), is both the provincial capital and commercial center of Capiz. It still has the feel of a typical Spanish-era Filipino town, but it now has malls and a growing central business district, the Pueblo de Panay.
Roxas City's economy is largely dependent on seafood, which the city is known for. There are many fishponds and fishpens, mostly used for cultivating milkfish, but this are now getting replaced by residential subdivisions, malls and call center blocks.
- Roxas City Integrated Terminal (RCIT), Pueblo de Panay, Lawa-an. Roxas City's central bus station, with transfers to jeepneys and trikes to downtown and nearby towns. Just beside it are a few shops and a supermarket. Buses, vans and jeepneys will drop you off on the main road. The bus departures are at middle, jeepneys to the east and vans to the west.
Ceres Liner operates buses from Iloilo (2 hours), and Kalibo (1.5 hours); the related Ceres Transport has a daily trip from Manila via Batangas City and Caticlan.
UV Express vans arrive from Iloilo and Kalibo.
- 1 Roxas Airport (RXS IATA) (2 km (1.2 mi) north of the center). Cebu Pacific (2 flights) and PAL Express flies daily from Manila, all using an Airbus A320 jet.
- Port of Culasi (Roxas City Port), Baybay Rd, Culasi (Take a tricycle from downtown). 2GO Travel has a ferry from Roxas City from Batangas City via Romblon island 3 times a week. Super Shuttle has a direct RORO ferry from Batangas City.
To the city proper, take a tricycle from outside the port gates.
Tricycles are the primary way around town. Between the bus terminal and downtown, you can take an air-conditioned jeepney.
- Roxas Fish Port
- Baybay Beach (3 km north of the center). ₱25 by tricycle.
- Sinadya sa Halaran (1st week of December) – Celebrates the city's founding and also doubles as the festivities for the Immaculate Conception.
- Gaisano Grand City Roxas, Arnaldo Blvd.
- CityMall, Arnaldo Blvd.
- Robinsons Place Roxas, Immaculate Heart of Mary Ave, Pueblo de Panay, Lawa-an
- Unitop. 9AM-10PM.
- BDO, Roxas Ave. 24/7. Has a MasterCard/Visa ATM. ₱200 fee for overseas cards.
- Halaran Plazza Hotel, Gomez Street., ☏ +63 36 6210649. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 11:00. Fan single/double with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱550..
- Capiz Lodge, Plaridel Street. Fan single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV From ₱350.
- Casa Purita Hotel, Plaridel Street. Fan single/double rooms with own bathroom. From ₱350.
|Routes through Roxas City|
|END ←||N S||→ Ivisan → Iloilo City|
|Kalibo ← Ivisan ←||W E||→ END|