Although overshaded by it's bigger and more 'hip' cousin in the north, Åre, this ski-resort offers almost everything you need for a skiing vacation. This also has many activities that are family oriented.
Sälen is also noted for being the starting point of Vasaloppet, a major cross-country skiing event with more than 15,000 participants held the first Sunday in March.
- 1 . An airport opened in 2019, useful for transit to Hedmark in Norway as well. Has direct flights from Copenhagen, Århus and London during the winter season. As well as several domestic flights.
- Combined travel train and bus is possible, usually change in Borlänge or Mora. See  sj.se
-  Fjällexpressen has express buses from Stockholm and Copenhagen with stops along the route.
The SkiPassBus is free for all holders of the SkiPass and will easily take you from the hotel to the slope and back. Apart from that public bus #200 goes from the actual village of Sälen and along the main road up to the ski resorts.
- The start of Vasaloppet, a leg in the Swedish Classic Circuit.
- [dead link] After ski. They have some refreshments.