city in Akita prefecture, Japan
(Redirected from Senboku)
Semboku (仙北) is a city in Akita prefecture. The areas of Kakunodate and Nyuto Onsen are destinations in their own rights and are covered in separate articles.
The Akita Shinkansen Komachi (こまち) from Tokyo, Sendai and Morioka makes a regular stop at the JR Kakunodate Station. Komachi provides hourly service from Tokyo and the journey takes roughly 4 hr from Tokyo, 2½ hr from Sendai and 1hr from Morioka. Please make sure to book your seat in advance, as seats on all Komachi trains are all reserved. Japan Rail Pass is accepted.
- 1 Kakunodate. Remains of an old samurai town. In spring, many cherry blossoms bloom.
- 2 Lake Tazawa Excursion Ship, 148, Haruyama, Tazawa, Tazawako 田沢湖田沢字春山148 (bus from JR Tazawako station 15 min, bus stop "Tazawako resthouse mae" to walk 1 min), ☏ +81 187 43-0274, fax: +81 187 43-3460. 4 - 8 services per day. Period 26 Apr - 5 Nov.. Around trip ¥1170.
- 3 Dakigaeri Valley (抱き返り渓谷). Valley with sheer Tama River along. Autumn leaves is great. Promenade is placed.
- 1 Nyūtō Hot Springs (乳頭温泉郷). A lot of old hot springs. These are famous resorts for Japanese.
- 2 Tamagawa Hot Springs (玉川温泉). This onsen has the highest flow rate in Japan at 150 liters/second.
- 3 Paper Balloon Festival (紙風船上げ Kamifuusen Age), 西木町紙風船広場 (walk 7 min from Kamihinoki station, along National route 105), ☏ +81 187 43-3352. Feb 10, starts at 15:00. In this festival dating back more than a century, large decorated paper balloons are lit and float off in the evening sky. The evening can get cold, so warm clothing is recommended.
- 4 Cycling around the Lake Tazawa (Lake Tazawa Renta Cycle, in Kyōei Palace) (田沢湖周回サイクリング (田沢湖レンタサイクル, 共栄パレス内)), 148, Haruyama, Tazawa, Tazawako 田沢湖田沢字春山148 (bus from JR Tazawako station 15 min, bus stop "Tazawako resthouse mae" to walk 1 min), ☏ +81 187 43-1671. Loop around lakeside the Lake Tazawa. Up down no much flat road. Approximately 20 km around, takes 2 - 3 hr. An hour ¥400, thereafter every 15 min ¥150.
- 5 Tazawako Ski Area (田沢湖スキー場), 73-2, Shimotakano, Obonai, Tazawako 田沢湖生保内字下高野73-2, ☏ +81 187 46-2011. About late Dec - Apr. Located at the foot of the Mt. Akita-Koma. View of Lake Tazawa is great.
- 6 Mount Akita-Koma (秋田駒が岳) (bus from Tazawako station.). This mountain is active volcano, and the highest mountain in Akita prefecture. View of Lake Tazawa from the top is wonderful. Roadway through to 8Gōme (80% on the mountain) parking. Climbing 2 hr round trip to the top from 8Gōme.
- 7 Mount Nyūtō (乳頭山). The name of the mountain means "nipple". It was named from the shape of the mountain as seen from the Akita side is similar to the female breast. There are alpine plants and wetlands near the top. Climbing 4 - 5 hr round trip to the top from Kuroyu Onsen in Nyuto Onsen. After climbing, you can take a tired by hot spring.
- 1 Tazawako Beer (田沢湖ビール), Waseda, Sotsuda, Tazawako, 田沢湖卒田字早稲田, ☏ +81 187 44-3988, fax: +81 187 44-3983, firstname.lastname@example.org. W-M 11:00-21:00, Tu closed. It is a local beer. The restaurant of joint establishment, which can eat French and Italian cuisine. ¥498 1 bottle of beer..
- See also: Kakunodate, Nyuto Onsen
- 1 Tazawako Sports Center Campsite (田沢湖スポーツセンターキャンプ場), Shimotakano, Obonai, Tazawako 田沢湖生保内字下高野, ☏ +81 187 46-2001, fax: +81 187 46-2003. The place-to-be ski area in the winter. There are many hot springs near. mid-Jun - Aug: ¥310.
- 2 [dead link] Tazawako Youth Hostel / Tazawako Lodge (田沢湖ユースホステル / 田沢湖ロッジ), 33-8, Kamiishigami, Obonai, Tazawako 田沢湖生保内字上石神33-8 (bus 12 min from JR Tazawako station to bus stop "Kōeniriguchi"), ☏ +81 187-43-1281, email@example.com. Check-in: 15:30, check-out: 10:00. It has a Youth hostel and a normal Lodge. The bath is hot springs. YH domitory room stay ¥3290 (Non YH member +¥600), breakfast ¥630, dinner ¥1050. Lodge stay with 2meals ¥7300.
- 3 Natsuse Onsen Miyakowasure (夏瀬温泉 都わすれ), 84 Natsuse, Sotsuda, Tazawako, 田沢湖卒田字夏瀬84 (30 min from Tazawako or Kakunodate station by car), ☏ +81 187 44-2220, fax: +81 187 44-2219, firstname.lastname@example.org. An onsen inn in the mountains. All guest rooms have a hot spring bath. Stay ¥25,000+. Only bathing ¥500.
|Routes through Semboku|
|Akita ← Omagari ←||W E||→ Tazawa-ko → Shizukuishi → Morioka|