neighborhood in Los Angeles, California, United States
Get in Edit
Sherman Oaks is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Interstate 405 (San Diego Freeway) and US Route 101 (Ventura Freeway).
The closest airport to Sherman Oaks is Bob Hope Airport in Burbank.
Get around Edit
- 1 Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Pool, 14201 Huston St, ☏ . The area's public pool tends to be crowded, but clean. With an LA City Library Card, admission is free, as are pull buoys, kick boards, and fins.
- 2 Ultrazone Sherman Oaks, 14622 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . Ultrazone is a laser tag facility that is open for laser tag gamesand birthday parties. There is also a video game arcade there.
- 1 Sherman Oaks Galleria, 15301-15303 Ventura Blvd. A good place to experience the natural habitat of the Valley Girl. While it is primarily a hangout and a melting pot for all the valley's youth, the Galleria also houses a popular multiplex called ArcLight featuring over 21 theatres where drinks are allowed, a furniture store, a few clothing stores, and several restaurants. A perfect spot to grab dinner and a movie if you're in the area.
- 2 Buffalo Exchange. A thrift store popular with the indie scene. A great stop if you've got some clothes to give up, or if you're looking for some cheap new threads. It has a second store in Westwood.
- Freakbeat Records, 13616 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . Independent record store with a wide selection of vinyl and CDs, emphasizing rock, jazz, and soul.
- Barone's Famous Italian Restaurant, 14151 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . Known for its pizza, made with traditional ingredients. The pasta dishes are also good and follow traditional recipes.
- Casa Vega, 13301 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . Open since 1958, the restaurant offers reasonably priced Mexican food with strong but otherwise average margaritas. No reservations, and the wait can be long on weekends.
- The Great Greek, 13362 Ventura Blvd (east of Dixie Canyon Avenue), ☏ . Open for lunch and dinner. A lively Greek restaurant with good food and dancing waiters. Complimentary valet parking. $20-40 per person without wine.
- 1 La Fogata, 5142 Van Nuys Blvd, ☏ . Excellent unpretentious and reasonably priced Mexican food, much beloved by Valley natives.
- Marmalade Café, 14910 Ventura Blvd, ☏ . A pricey yet very tasty place, particularly known for its breakfasts. Expect a high-class dining experience and a slightly older crowd. Breakfasts between $10 and $15 per item in very generous portions, with other meals slightly more expensive.
- Blue Dog Beer Tavern, 4524 Saugus Ave, ☏ . Good burgers and sandwiches and a great beer selection with a laid-back vibe. Parking is dicey due to a small parking lot and a frequently large crowd.
Go next Edit
- Encino - Sherman Oaks' western neighbor.
- Studio City - This neighbor to the east is home to CBS Studios and a host of restaurants, including those on LA's "sushi alley" on Ventura Boulevard.
- Van Nuys - Sherman Oaks' northern neighbor.
|Routes through Sherman Oaks|
|North Valley ← Van Nuys ←||N S||→ West L.A. → Long Beach|
|Santa Barbara ← South Valley ←||N S||→ Studio City → Downtown L.A.|