town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
Simsbury is a town of 25,000 people (2021) in Hartford County, Connecticut.
- Pinchot Sycamore (in a tiny park where CT Rt. 185 crosses the Farmington River in Simsbury). Connecticut's largest tree and possibly the nation's 3rd largest sycamore tree. Truly amazing to stand next to.
- Simsbury Historical Society, 800 Hopmeadow Street. The Historical Society consists of multiple buildings, including a colonial schoolhouse, a meeting house and the birthplace of revolutionary war hero Noah Phelps. There is also a small museum and gift shop.
Simsbury is home to 3 state parks. A quick stop to the social services department on Hopmeadow ave can provide a traveler with much information about the town and local activities.
- Abigail's Grille & Wine Bar, 4 Hartford Road, ☏ +1 860 264-1580. Formerly Pettibone’s Tavern built in 1780. Lunch mains $10-17, dinner mains $17-35.
- Little City Pizza, 926 Hopmeadow Street, ☏ +1 860 658-4001. Classic thin-crust pizza plus a selection of appetizers and salads.
- Joe Pizza, 2 Wilcox Street, ☏ +1 860 217-0312. Brick oven pizza, burgers, Italian food. No web site. Under $10 per entree.
- Metro Bis, 928 Hopmeadow St, ☏ +1 860 651-1908. M-Sa lunch 11:30AM - 2:30PM, dinner 5:30 - 9:30PM. Bistro ranked as one of the top five restaurants in the state for American food according to Zagats. Owner/Chef is known locally and nationally for his cooking classes, appearances on television and radio, as well as his syndicated recipe column. Lunch $7-13, dinner entrees $20z33.
- Ana's Kitchen, 712 Hopmeadow St, ☏ +1 860 658-2930. Coffeehouse also serving light "California Cuisine". No website. Food prices $4 -9.
- [dead link] Iron Frog Tavern, Iron Frog Tavern, ☏ +1 860 408-9626. Su 9AM-1AM, Mo 4PM-1AM, Tu-Th 11:30AM - 1AM, F Sa 11:30AM - 2AM. It serves Sunday breakfast, classic bar food (including menu that can be ordered until last call), plus selection of dinner entrees.
- [formerly dead link] Simsbury 1820 House, 731 Hopmeadow St., ☏ +1 860 658-7658. Historic Bed & Breakfast, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Pet Friendly. 32 Rooms, including 3 suites. $130-150.
- The Simsbury Inn, 397 Hopmeadow St, ☏ +1 860 651-5700. Luxuious, 98-room full service hotel. Hotel is designed in the style of a New England country inn. $170-210.
- The Linden House, 288/290 Hopmeadow St, ☏ +1 860 408-1321. Check-in: 2-4PM, check-out: 11AM. Restored Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Simsbury's Weatogue section. 5 guest rooms, each with private bath. $140-150.
- The Iron Horse Inn, 969 Hopmeadow Street (RT 10), ☏ +1 860 658-2216. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Centrally located accommodation catering to the economy traveler. Pet Friendly. $75-85.
- Merrywood Bed & Breakfast, 100 Hartford Rd. (Rt. 185), ☏ +1 860 651-1785, email@example.com. Located on 5 acres in the woods near Pen Wood State Park. 4 guest rooms, , each with either a queen or king bed and a private bath.
|Routes through Simsbury|
|Torrington/Farmington ← Avon ←||W/S E/N||→ Jct E → Jct W E → Westfield|