Torrington is a town in Connecticut.
The closest major airport is Bradley International. It is in Windsor Locks, a town in between Hartford and Springfield, MA.
- Warner Theatre (The Warner), 68 Main St, ☏ +1 860-489-7180.
There are wonderful things to do in and around Torrington. There are hiking trails in the wonderful state parks in the area. You can visit the Torrington Historical Society or the Torrington Library - both are rich with the towns interesting history. There are two public golf courses with great restaurants.
- Torrington Plaza, 1 S Main St: 99, Tommy's Bicycles, Maurices, Fashion Bug, Payless Shoes, TJ Maxx, Coldstone Creamery, Dress Barn, FYE, and others.
- Former Kmart Plaza, 681 Main St: Planet Fitness, The Hallmark Store, Town Fair Tire, Price Rite.
- Stop & Shop Plaza: Stop & Shop, JCPenney, Subway, Taco Bell, China Star, and others.
- Wal-Mart Plaza, 970 Torringford St: Wal-Mart, Petco, Price Chopper, McDonalds.
- Target Plaza, 1922 E Main St: Target, Famous Footwear, Bed Bath and Beyond, Panera Bread, Gamestop, Sleepy's.
Downtown features a variety of unique shops selling specialty goods such as Toy Jam, Laraia's, Scents and Sensibility, Remember When, Ida's Bridal, Brazen Betties, and many more.
There are a lot of great restaurants all over town including Dicks, Bachis, The Venetian, Dos Amigos, Pizza Palace, Scarpelli's, Tony's, Nicholas Pizza, Bogey's, The Brew Pub, The Berkshire and many, many more.
Yankee Peddler Inn is a beautiful hometown hotel located within walking distance from the famous Warner Theatre.
Right outside Torrington's boundaries are woods to be explored and times to be had. Various state parks litter Litchfield County and they beg to be conquered. Campbell Falls, Kent Falls, Haystack Mountain, Black Rock Forest, etc. Visit the CT State Parks website for more info.
Right across the border into MA is the Berkshire Theater Festival, a fantastic theater company located in Stockbridge, MA. You can spend the day shopping for antiques in Great Barrington or the outlets in Lee and finish it with a show done by equity actors.
Torrington is 2.5 hours from New York City and 3 from Boston.
|Routes through Torrington|
|Pittsfield ← Otis ← becomes ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Waterbury|
|Danbury ← New Milford ←||W E||→ Avon → Westfield|