The only way to get into Stanley is by car. The nearest major city is Burnie, and give yourself 3 hours to get to Stanley if you want to see the amazing beaches, capes and bluffs along Tasmania's north coast, also known as The Great Nature Trail.
The main attraction of Stanley is the Nut, a flat-top volcanic plug. The Nut can be viewed from all over Stanley.
Take a chairlift up to the Nut for stunning views of Stanley and Tasmania's North West. Look out into the blue waters of the Bass Strait.
Souvenirs are available in the visitor centre of The Nut.
The Sailor's Cove is a good place to eat after 5pm.
- Abbey’s Cottages, 1 Marshall St, ✉ email@example.com. cottages
- atThe Beach Stanley (@The Beach Stanley), 3 Harrison Terrace, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. cottages
- atVDL (@VDL), 16 Wharf Rd, ✉ email@example.com. small hotel with 4 suites
- Cable Station Accommodation, 435 Green Hills Rd, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. B&B with two guest units sleeping two or three
- Gardenia House, 44 Alexander Tce, ✉ email@example.com. ranch
- Hanlon House, 6 Marshall St, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. B&B
- Horizon Deluxe Apartments, 88 Dovecote Rd, ✉ email@example.com. condominium
- 1 Noah’s, 3 Victoria St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. B&B
- On the Terrace, 8 Alexander Tce, ✉ email@example.com. guest house
- Ship Inn Stanley, 16 Alexander Terrace, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. guest house
- Stamps of Stanley, 11-13 Church St, ✉ email@example.com. villa
- Stanley Cabin & Tourist Park, 23a Wharf Rd, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. cabins
- Stanley Hotel, 19-21 Church St, ✉ email@example.com. historic pub with rooms
- Stanley Seaview Inn, 58 Dovecote Rd, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. motel rooms and self-contained accommodation
- Stanley Village Waterfront Accommodation, 11 - 17 Wharf Rd, ✉ email@example.com. hotel
- The Ark, 18 Wharf Rd, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. small hotel with five individually styled rooms
- Touchwood Cottages, 31 Church St. cottages