Storrs is in Connecticut, within the town of Mansfield.
Storrs is home to the University of Connecticut (UConn).
Best way to get to Storrs from the highway is through CT-195
- From Hartford: I-84 East, I-384 East, then Route 44 East, then CT-195 South
- From Boston: i-90 West (tolled), I-84 West, then CT-195 South
- From Providence: Route 6 West, then CT-195 North
Daily service from downtown Hartford, bus 913 Manchester-Buckland-Storrs Express operated by CT Transit
Storrs is a small town, so the best way to get around is by walking.
- UConn Huskies. University of Connecticut sports, competing in 11 men's and 13 women's sports, mostly in the American Athletic Conference, though the Huskies are preparing for a move to the Big East Conference in July 2020. UConn's most prominent sport by far is basketball, in which the Huskies have won 15 NCAA titles—four by the men and a record 11 by the women. Most of the major athletic venues are on campus, but two significant venues are far removed from Storrs. Both men's and women's basketball split their home games between Gampel Pavilion on campus (which provides the headline image for this page) and the larger XL Center in downtown Hartford. Expect a sellout for any men's or women's game on campus, and don't be surprised to find a game in Hartford sold out. The football team, which will become an FBS (top-level) independent in 2020 since the current Big East does not play football, plays at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford. The men's ice hockey team plays all of its home games at the aforementioned XL Center.
- UConn Dairy Bar, 17 Manter Road, ☏ . hours vary by season.. Open since 1953, the Dairy Bar sells ice cream, eggs, cheeses and various other dairy products produced by the School of Agriculture's campus farm.
There's a smaller, typically less crowded offshoot of the dairy bar in the Student Union at the center of campus.
Ice cream can be seen being made at the dairy bar, typically from 12:30-3:00pm Monday to Friday, and cows being milked (12:30am to 3:00pm) as well as other animals can be seen at the Animal Barns, open daily from 10am to 4pm.
- Dog Lane Cafe, 1 Dog Lane, ☏ . Relaxed, counter-serve spot serving up coffee, sandwiches & other American & European cafe fare.
- Geno's Grille, 9 Dog Lane, ☏ . Restaurant named after Geno Auriemma, the legendary coach of the University of Connecticut's women's basketball
- Farmhouse Crepes, 1 Royce Circle #106, ☏ . Crepes, French, cafe, breakfast
- Blaze Pizza, 12 Royce Circle, ☏ . Hip counter-serve pizzeria dishing up crispy, thin-crust pies made with creative toppings & sauces.
- Bonchon Storrs, 1232 Storrs Road, ☏ . Casual chain serving cooked-to-order Korean fried chicken, plus other traditional eats
- Gansett Wraps, 12 Royce Circle #101A, ☏ .
- Wally's Chicken Coop, 134 North Eagleville Road, ☏ .
- Dog Lane Cafe
- Nathan Hale Inn, 855 Bolton Rd, ☏ , fax: . $174+.
|Routes through Storrs|
|Hartford ← Manchester ←||W E||→ Jct → Glocester → Providence|