city in Summit County, Ohio, United States
Stow is in Summit County, Northeast Ohio. It is rather disorganized, but you're probably going to pass through it is you're going from Akron to Cleveland or vice-versa, and you won't get lost if you're just passing through.
Residents of Stow are sometimes known as "stowbillies" by neighboring communities, especially rival Hudson. However, while not as upper-class as Hudson, Stow is an affluent suburban community.
Drive south on OH-8 from anywhere in Cuyhahoga county or north from Akron.
The Bike and Hike Trails go to Cleveland
- 1 Kent State University Airport (FAA LID: 1G3), 4020 Kent Rd, ☏ +1 330 672-2640, email@example.com. A General aviation airport operated by Kent State University, which is for educational and public use.
There is a bus service that goes to and from Akron, but in suburban Ohio, you need a car. On foot is not recommended on the major roads.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:14PM local time and lasts 3 minutes. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- 1 Heritage Reserve Park (Stow Historical Society), 5120 Young Rd, ☏ +1 330 689-2852, firstname.lastname@example.org. Includes a number of historic buildings.
- 1 Bow Wow Beach Dog Park, 5027 Stow Rd. 8AM-Dusk.
- 1 Eddy's Bike Shop, 3707 Darrow Rd, ☏ +1 330-688-5521.
- 1 [dead link] El Campesino, 4360 Kent Rd (On OH-59, near Kent, east of OH-91), ☏ +1 330 686-5561. 11am-10pm. You'll get your food quickly here, and there are decent drinks as well.
- 2 Luca's New York Style Pizza, ☏ +1 330-688-9595.
- 1 Silver Springs Campground, 5238 Young Rd. $15 a night (Non Residence).
- Hampton Inn Stow, 4331 Lakepointe Corporate Dr, toll-free: +1 800-881-1523.
- Courtyard Akron Stow, 4047 Bridgewater Parkway, ☏ +1 330-945-9722. Offers free WiFi and a pool.
- Fairfield Inn, 4170 Steels Pointe, ☏ +1 330-940-1450. Offers free WiFi and breakfast ~$90.
- 1 Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, 3512 Darrow Rd, ☏ +1 330 688-3295.
|Routes through Stow|
|Cleveland ← Macedonia ←||N S||→ Cuyahoga Falls → Akron|
|Akron ← Cuyahoga Falls ←||W E||→ Kent → Ravenna|
|Twinsburg ← Hudson ←||N S||→ Cuyahoga Falls → Mogadore|