- From London, take the A2 arterial road (32 miles, 51 km) or continue on to the M2 to Junction 2.
- From Canterbury, take the A2 and the M2 to Junction 2 for the Rochester exit (32 miles, 51 km, about 40 min).
Town Centre car parkingEdit
It is recommended that you park in Commercial Road car park (enter from Commercial Road) or Strood Retail Park car park (enter from Knight Road).
- 1 Strood (SOO) Station, Canal Road, ME2 4DR (at the far end of Strood (Near Rochester Bridge)). Trains are operated by SouthEastern From London Charing Cross (via Dartford) (typical journey time 65–70 minutes) and London Victoria (typical journey time 75–80 minutes). Trains from Ramsgate and Dover also serve Chatham and Rochester. The Javelin high speed service operates every 30 minutes from London St Pancras with a journey time of 30-35 minutes. There is a supplement for using this service unless travelling from outside of the London region.
Buy your ticket from the driver when you board the bus.
- 1 Temple Manor, Knight Road, ME2 2AH. Apr-Nov: Sa Su 11AM-4PM). Temple Manor is a historic building. It is a manor house of the Knights Templar, built in about 1240. Free.
- 2 Ranscombe Farm Nature Reserve (Ranscombe Farm), Sundridge Hill, Cuxton, Kent. Walk: 24 hr, 365 days, Car park varies. See:
April: Bluebell, Early purple orchid
May: Lady Orchid, Fly Orchid, Man Orchid
June: Meadow Clary, Hairy Mallow, Ground Pine, common milkwort
July: Corncockle, Clustered Bellflower, Four species of poppy (Common, Rough, Prickly and Long-headed) Free.
- Medway Valley Park:
- 1 Diggerland, Medway Valley Leisure Park, Roman Way, ME2 2NU, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open weekends Mar - Oct and daily during Jul, Aug and most school holidays 10AM - 5PM (4PM in winter). An assortment of rides based on construction equipment. The rides include sitting in the modified bucket of a digger and operating some of the diggers. General admission: adults to age 65 & children 90 cm or over £23.95 per person, age 65+ (ID required) £11.95 per person, groups of ten or more £19.95 per person; children under 90 cm free; disabled carer free.
- 2 Hollywood Bowl Strood (Rochester), Medway Valley Leisure Park, Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-10PM, F Sa 10AM - 12:30AM, Su 10AM - 11PM. Under 16s £5.29 per game, adults £6.29 per game, families (2 adults and 2 under 16s or 1 adult and 3 under 16s) £20.19 per game.
- 3 Cineworld Strood (Rochester), Medway Valley Leisure Park, Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . Adult (18 or over) £11.80, child (14 or under) £8.80, student (proof of status required) £9.30, senior (proof of status required) £9.30, family (max 3 children, max 4 tickets for the same film) £35.20.
- 4 Buzz Bingo, Medway Valley Leisure Park, Chariot Way, ME2 2NU, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Th 11:30AM-midnight, F-Su 11:30AM-1AM.
The main shopping area is the High Street between Papa Johns (Gun Lane/Cuxton Road) and Rochester Bridge. This has a mixture of shops, There is also a Retail Park on Commercial Road.
On Tuesdays an open air market is held at Commercial Road car park. This has various food, clothes and hardware stalls.
Strood has a range of places to eat.
Strood & Strood town centreEdit
- 1 The Three Crutches, Old Watling Street, ME2 3UG, ☏ . M-Sa noon-8:30PM, Su noon-7:45PM.
- 2 Morrisons Cafe, Knight Road, ME2 2BD, ☏ . Cafe: M-Th 8AM-7PM, F 8AM-8PM, Sa 8AM-7PM, Su 9:30AM-4PM Store: M-Sa 7AM - 10PM, Su 10AM - 4PM. Large supermarket with a cafe.
- 3 The Jerk Cafe, 135 High St, ME2 4TJ, ☏ . Su M closed, Tu-Th noon-9PM, F noon-9:30PM, Sa noon-10:30PM.
Medway Valley ParkEdit
- 4 Coast To Coast Strood (Rochester), Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . M-Th 9:30AM-11PM, F 8AM-11PM, Sa 8AM-11PM, Su 8AM-10PM.
- 5 Frankie & Benny's, Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . M-Th 9AM-11PM, F 8:30AM-11PM, Sa 8AM-11PM, Su 8AM-10:30PM. American themed chain restaurant.
- 6 Waters Edge, Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . M-F 11AM-11PM, Sa Su 10AM-11PM.
- 7 Chiquito, Chariot Way, ME2 2SS, ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-11PM, Su 9AM-10:30PM.
|Routes through Strood|
|London ← merges with ←||NW SE||→ Chatham → Dover|