Surandai is located in the Veerakeralampudur taluk of Tirunelveli, at the foot of the Western Ghats. Surandai comprises main Surandai and KeelaSurandai, Aladipatti, Bangalow Surandai and some of Anaikulam (Pavanasapuram). Surandai was first named Raja Sooriya Nallur, renamed Suranthai. About 50 years ago, it was named Surandai.
The town is known for producing a great revolution in agriculture by producing records in rice farming. It also functions as a market town for villages in the area.
There are a good range of temples and monuments to see, including:
- Alagu parvathi Amman kovil, surandai.
- Mupidathi Amman Kovil, SVG Puram.
- Mupidathi Amman Kovil, VGR Puram.
- Shivan Kovil, Surandai.
- Loga Madha Temple, Keelasurandai.
- Arulmigu Kanniamman Kovil
- Mohaideen Andavar jumua hanafi pallivasal
- Mohaideen Andavar jumua shafi pallivasal
- Thirumalai Aandavar Temple in SVG Puram.
- Sri Pathrakali Amman Kovil, Surandai
- Hanuman Temple, Surandai.
- Visit temples and historical monuments.
It is situated 20 km from Courtallam Falls, a famous tourist spot for waterfalls and hiking, 12 km away from Tenkasi and 50 km from Tirunelveli, District Head.