Return to "North Vancouver" page.
|This article has Star potential. It's well written with great information. However, for Star status it needs both to be entirely complete and to exactly match the manual of style. If you see how it can be improved, please plunge forward or point it out on the talk page.|
- Not yet - It's cool that you like the article and nominated it for Destination of the Month and Star status, but as someone who's contributed quite a bit to the North Van article, I don't think it's at Star-level. A few things off the top of my head and from a quick glance are:
- The Do section needs some work -- two festivals have no info and the third is missing location info, not all the hikes have adequate information, many of the other subsections are missing info that would make them more useful for the traveller
- The Buy section isn't standard
- The Connect, Stay safe and Go next sections need additional info or tweaking (e.g., no mention of Wifi, rec center or library computers, raise awareness that it's wilderness/back country very quickly if you go hiking)
- The static map doesn't show all listings
- A lot of the article reflects my style of writing and spelling, which is a hybrid of Canadian and American English, so it should probably be reviewed for consistency with the Manual of Style
- I think it's a really good article (although I'm biased) and possibly the most complete travel guide to North Van out there, but I don't think it's up to our Star standard yet. -Shaundd (talk) 05:55, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Not star. For a start, I don't even see a hand-drawn map, and I think a star needs one.
It's perfect in every other way, although I just scanned through the article.Selfie City (talk) 22:06, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- @SelfieCity: a consensus was reached here that a static map isn't useful for city articles without sub districts because the Eat, Sleep and Drink listings change too frequently to make updating static maps practical. ArticCynda (talk) 21:20, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- It seems that some of Shaundd's concerns have been addressed, but there are still some coordinates missing and some formatting issues. For example, none of the festival listings have coordinates, and the same is the case with one of the trail listings. The Connect section could do with more information, and there's also a lot of bold terms in the "get around" section. I'm tempted to say that these issues are an easy fix, but considering the above votes and my suspicion that they're not such an easy fix means that this nomination should be slushed. There are no supports, but maybe we can reconsider this one in future? --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 19:57, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Result: slushed. --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 20:02, 12 November 2018 (UTC)