Taghazout is under massive development and connecting more with the neighbouring villages of Tamraght and Aourir. The original beach cafes and shops have been flattened.
- Agadir – You can take the local bus 32 or 33 from Agadir to Taghazout. The bus starts north of Souq El Had, close to the CTM bus station. The bus (32 & 33) runs every 30 min from 06:00-20:00 and takes 45 mins. It costs 7 dirham. There is also an Agadir–Tamri bus passing through Taghazout. Grand taxis can be catched from the main plaza. Or you can take a taxi from the Agadir airport to Taghazout, which costs 300 dirham, or from Agadir's long distance bus station the taxi should cost about 150 dirham.
- Marrakech – There are several buses daily to get you to Agadir from Marrakech. You can also take a direct taxi if you prefer comfort, which costs 1,200 dirham (day and night), or a shared shuttle bus for 160 dirham (run by Souk to Surf).
- Casablanca – You have a few options. You can either jump on the train to Marrakech and from there to Agadir. Or you take a train to Casa Voyageurs in Casablanca and take a Supratours bus directly from there to Agadir. These run at specific times every day and take 6-8 hr to reach Agadir. The quickest route is probably the train to Marrakech and then a bus, and it has the added benefit of allowing you to pass through a major city and perhaps stop there for a night to see the market and the town. The train can be crowded though, so it’s best to get a first class ticket so you have a booked seat. The price difference is not major.
- Tangier – Take a train from Tangier via Rabat-Casablanca to Marrakech. Then take a bus to Agadir.
Between Essaouira and Agadir it is very easy to catch an intercity bus anywhere along the way. During the day there is one bus about every hour. While CTM and Supratours are not allowed to pick up additional passengers, local intercity buses do not have such a restriction. This is a great way to explore the coast including Taghazout between these two cities without issues. The regular price for the full distance is 50 dirham. From Essaouira and Imsouane, there is also the option of getting the Souk to Surf shuttles which cost 120 and 80 dirham respectively.
The town is so small that everything can be reached on foot.
- Surf the Anchor point, an amazing surf location in Morocco. Less crowded than Spain and France, warmer water and fantastic culture. Anchors, Killers, Mysteries and a little further up, Boilers. Busy line ups over the Christmas break.
- Restaurant Florida (Centre of town.). Pizzas, crepes.
- Le Paix. Pizzas, milkshakes, burgers, tagines, vegetarian options.
- Café Mouja, N1 near Surf Maroc. 08:00-22:00. Burgers, salads, pastas, tagines, juice bar, view of the ocean. Recommended.
- Panorama, Panorama Point. Daily 7AM–7PM. Great views. Service and cleanliness are poor.
- Dar Josephine, On N1 in the centre of town, ☏ . Relaxed, artistic ambience. Good breakfast. Mains 55-65 dirham. 3 courses for ~90 dirham.
There is no alcohol for sale in Taghazout, so if you want some, you will need to buy it in nearby Agadir. Apparently the guys at Ali Baba's will do this for you if you don't have transportation - for a price.
Checkout the regular reservation websites, there are plenty of options. However, touts at the central square will also be able to arrange you a room in an apartment or even a whole house, especially for a longer time.
- Taghazout surfhostel, Taghazout Centre, 9 behind West coast restaurant, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A chilled out and relaxed environment for beginners and seasoned surfers. Other services: surf guiding/surf spot transfers €10/day, €70/; surfboard rental: €10/Day, €70/week; wetsuit rental €5/day, €35/week; 2 hours surf lesson: €10, €70/week; yoga session: €10 (1 hour, around the sunrise or sunset) Dorm with breakfast €13, dorm all meals €20, double/twin room with breakfast €30.
- 1 Tigmi Ocean Glory, 1 Hay Tissaliouine Tamraght Aourir, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Surf camp, offering spacious clean rooms, Moroccan food and nice scenery. Double, triple and dorm rooms with shared bathrooms and one private suite. The bedrooms are spread over 4 floors. Gym and numerous relaxing areas available to guests. There are a number of terraces, where from its hillside location guests can enjoy panoramic views of the ocean and surrounding mountains. The accommodation also has Wi-Fi in communal areas.
Most ho(s)tels will have WiFi.
There is wonderful sightseeing in places such as Tamraght, Aourir or the Imouzzer waterfall, and Paradise Valley, which has many small deep lakes. Many surfcamps take their surfers to these famous places when there are no waves. These places have great views of the mountains.