Traverse City is a scenic city of 16,000 people (as of 2018) founded in 1852 on the Grand Traverse Bay of Lake Michigan, in the Grand Traverse Bay Area of Northern Michigan. Traverse City is known as the Cherry Capital of the World; around 75 percent of the nation's cherries are grown in Michigan, and most of those come from the Traverse City area. Directly north of Traverse City, the Old Mission Peninsula splits the Grand Traverse Bay in two, with a beautiful windswept landscape and great views of the bay on either side. Slightly to the west, the Leelanau Peninsula, with its charming small towns, forms the "pinkie finger" of the Michigan peninsula, jutting into Lake Michigan. Both peninsulas are prime winemaking regions within the state, and as such are one of the main tourist attractions in the region. Over a million visitors come each year to tour the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, a scenic lakeside park with impressively large sand dunes. It's also a very popular destination for outdoor activities, owing to the proximity of Lake Michigan in summer, the impressive autumn colors, and the high snowfalls in winter.
- Indian Trails provides daily bus service from St. Ignace, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo with connection to Greyhound service.
- 1 Cherry Capital Airport (TVC IATA), 727 Fly Don't Drive, ☏ . American, United and Delta offer daily flights year-round to Minneapolis, Chicago, and Detroit. During the summer season, additional flights are sometimes scheduled to Atlanta, Denver, Marquette, Cincinnati, and New York (LaGuardia) that operate several times per week.
- The nearest alternate airport is in Grand Rapids, about 2 3/4 hours south by car, where lower fares are often available.
- Bay Area Transportation Authority (BATA), 3233 Cass Road, ☏ . Operates 6:10AM to 6:40PM Monday through Friday, and 8:10AM to 5:40PM on Saturday; no service on Sundays. Fixed-route service within Traverse City, and an advance-reservation curb-to-curb service in rural Leelanau and Grand Traverse counties. Fares $1.
- Rental cars are available at Traverse City airport; however, they tend to be expensive.
- North of Traverse City is one of the area's lighthouses:
- Evergreen Market, 8066 US-31 N in Acme, ☏ . Located in the heart of cherry country offering only Michigan made products. Cherry products such as jams, jellies, dried cherries, cherry concentrate, and homemade cherry pies. Check out the unique selection of Michigan-made food products and locally grown produce.
- Traverse Symphony Orchestra, 121 E Front St, Suite 301, ☏ . Founded in 1951, now Northwestern Lower Michigan’s largest resident performing arts organization and only professional orchestra.
- 1 City Opera House, 109 S Union St, ☏ . 1891 opera house under renovation and restoration. Theatre productions and dancing.
- Old Town Playhouse, 8th Street and Cass St, ☏ , . Created in 1960 to bring amateur theatre to northern Michigan, now boasting a 358-seat mainstage auditorium and an 80-seat studio theatre.
- 2 Dennos Museum Center, 1701 E Front St, ☏ . Exhibitions and programs in the visual arts, sciences, and performing arts since 1991. Features three changing exhibit galleries, a sculpture court, a hands-on Discovery Gallery, an Inuit art gallery, the Milliken Auditorium and a museum store.
- 3 Music House Museum, 7377 US-31 N, Acme, ☏ . Open 10AM to 4PM most days, May through December. A one-of-a-kind collection of rare antique musical instruments and music-making machines, from 1870 through 1930.
- 4 J. H. Rogers Observatory, 1753 Birmley Rd, ☏ . A 1500-square-foot building offering public viewings once or twice a month; check the website for schedules.
- Traverse City Beach Bums, 333 Stadium Dr, ☏ . An independent professional baseball club, members of the Frontier Independent Professional Baseball League. Games are played during the summer in Wuerfel Park, just off US-31 and M-37. Single game tickets are $6 - $60, season tickets $288-2,304.
- 5 Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel, 7741 M-72 E in Williamsburg, ☏ , toll-free: . Open 24 hours a day, year-round. Card games, roulette and craps. On-site Misheekeh Restaurant and Creekside Cafe.
- Centre I.C.E. Arena, 1600 Chartwell Dr, ☏ . Home of the Detroit Red Wings training camp. Ice skating, hockey, fitness center and hockey camps.
- Lucky Jacks, 1705 S Garfield Ave, ☏ . M-F 9AM to 5PM, M-W 8:30PM to midnight, Th-F 8:30PM-1AM. Call for lane availability on weekends. 40 lanes of bowling, billards, snack room, laser tag, laser maze, arcade, bumper cars.
- Farmers Markets of Downtown Traverse Sara Hardy Farmers Market, GT Commons Market.
- Grand Traverse Balloons, Inc., 225 Cross Country Trail, ☏ . Multicolored, seven-story-tall hot air balloons flights over the Grand Traverse Bay area. One-hour sunrise or sunset flights with champagne celebration. $245.
- Traverse City Hang Gliders / Paragliders, ☏ . Paragliding down sand dunes near Lake Michigan.
- Ranch Rudolph, 6841 Brown Bridge Rd, ☏ . A 195-acre four-season resort on the Boardman River, surrounded by the Pere Marquette State Forest. Horseback riding, trail rides, canoeing, inner tubing, hiking, mountain biking, bird watching, fly fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, sports, backpacking, morel hunting, hayrides and more. Motel rooms, bunkhouse and camping available. On-site lodge restaurant.
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, 1710 US-31 N, ☏ . Open 10AM to 11PM daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day; call for hours during the rest of the season (late April to early October). 18-hole championship adventure golf courses, water coaster, go-carts, bumper boats, kiddy cars, arcade game room. Adults $7.50-13, children $6.50-11. Pirate's cove is an outdoor activity
- American Boat Rentals, LLC, ☏ . Ski boats, pontoons and wave runners for rent. Hourly, daily and weekly.
- Blue Sky Rentals, Inc., 525 High Lake Rd, ☏ , . Or 1995 US-31 N or 2345 US-31 N. Snowmobile, jet ski, water trampoline, deck boat, pontoon boat, jet boat, ski boat and kayak rentals. Guided tours available.
- Dewitt Marine Inc., 6509 Crystal Springs Rd, ☏ . Bellaire, MI. Full service marina on Torch Lake, Chain of Lakes providing Pontoon Rentals, Guest Slips, Season Slips, Sales, Service, Storage, Parts & Accessories, Convenience Store & Fuel Dock.
- Sunset Watersports, 803 Bay St, ☏ . Ski boat, jet boat, jet ski, pontoon boat, water ski, knee board, wake board, tubes and water trampoline rentals. Boats $325-385 for 8 hours; jet skis $45-290, pontoon boats $215-385; water trampolines $195.
- Traverse Bay Parasail, 1773 US 31 North, ☏ , toll-free: . Open 9AM-9PM, weather permitting. The minimum weight is 40-50 pounds and maximum of 300-500 pounds depending on wind conditions. It's $75 for a single ride for 800 feet of line. Additional discounts for tandem or triples rides are available.
- Traverse Tall Ship Company, 13390 SW Bayshore Dr, ☏ , toll-free: . Two-hour to three-day sailing adventures, wine tasting cruises, astronomy cruises, entertainment nights, bed and breakfast sailing trips. Two-hours cruises $33-40.
- Nauti-Cat Cruises, 614 E Front St, ☏ . 1½- to 3-hour cruises, including a kids' cruise, happy hour cruise and sunset champagne cruise. Rentals also available for waverunners, powerboats, paddle boats, escape sailboats, water trampolines, jetboats, single and double kayaks, hobie cat sailboats and pontoon boats. $15-35.
- Grand Traverse Gourmet Cruises, ☏ . Gourmet all-inclusive yacht charters on Northern Lake Michigan.
Your in one of the best salmon, steelhead and trout fly fishing areas in the Midwest as well as North America.
- Jon's Guide Service, ☏ . Guided Fly fishing is a great way to see the area and sites as well as experience some great fly fishing. All equipment is provided and the experience is one always remembered.
- Daydreamer Fishing Charters, ☏ . Offers 4-hour charter trips to East or West Grand Traverse Bays or Lake Michigan for salmon or lake trout. $300-400.
- [dead link] TC Charters, 13240 S W Bayshore Dr, ☏ . Organizers of the Big Jon Invitational and the Grand Traverse Salmon Classic, held in early September.
- Prime Time Fishing Charters, ☏ . Salmon & trout fishing charters from the port of Frankfort & the Grand Traverse Bays.
- Mt. Holiday Ski & Recreation Area, 3011 Holiday Rd, ☏ . M-F 4PM-9PM, Sa 10AM-9PM, Su noon-6PM. 14 ski runs. 2 chair lifts. Tube run. Rentals available. Serving a full dinner menu daily in the lodge. Full service bar. Lift tickets $7 - $33.
- Adventure Rentals, 4272 Scharmen Rd, ☏ . Over 100 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. 2½-hour 25-mile guided tours available. Rentals $145-280, Guided tours $250-350.
- The Crown, 2430 West Crown Dr, ☏ . 18-hole championship golf course and practice green. On-site Mulligan's Pub and Grill and golf shop. Customized group outings available. $14-59.
- Elmbrook Golf, 1750 Townline Rd, ☏ . 18 holes, par 72. On-site The Brook lounge. $21-54.
- [formerly dead link] Highpointe Golf Club, 5555 Arnold Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . In Williamsburg. $11-69.
- National Cherry Festival, 109 Sixth St, ☏ , toll-free: . Held during a week in early July since 1926, to celebrate and promote cherries, tourism and community involvement. Cherry cuisine tasting, cherry pit spitting contest, cherry pie eating, cherry pancake breakfast, cherry buffet lunch, cherry industry information, Cherryopoly tournament, golf contest, beach volleyball tournament, sand sculpture contest, skateboarding tournament, kiteboarding demonstration, races, air show, classic film showings, arts and crafts fair, games, swing dancing, ice cream social, area tours, parades and fireworks.
- Traverse City Film Festival, 227 E State St, ☏ , . Held in late July and early August. Six full days of "just great" movies in three classic theatres, and nighttime classic movies free of charge shown on an inflatable outdoor screen overlooking the bay. $7-25 per film.
- Northwestern Michigan Fair, 3606 Blair Townhall Rd, ☏ . Held in early August. Exhibits, animal shows, carnival, midway rides, harness racing, horse pulls, demo derby, llama and alpaca obstacle course, and go-cart races.
- Traverse City Record-Eagle, 120 W Front Street, ☏ . Daily morning newspaper.
- Northwestern Michigan College, 1701 E Front Street, ☏ , toll-free: . A community college since 1951, offering associates degrees and professional certificates, as well as baccalaureate and graduate degrees from 10 partner universities.
- Celtic Rose, 140 E Front St, ☏ . Irish and Guinness-related merchandise.
- The Cherry Stop, 211 E Front St, ☏ , toll-free: . Premium Michigan dried cherries, cherry jams and preserves, tart cherry concentrate, condiments, cherry gifts, cherry gift boxes and baskets, bath and kitchen products, dried cherry recipes, CherryFlex, cherry capsules, nutraceuticals, dried blueberries, cranberries and strawberries, cherry trail mixes and blends, and more.
- Folgarelli's Market & Wine Shop, 424 W Front St, ☏ . Selling wines and specialty products since 1978.
- [dead link] Holiday Traditions, 110 E Front St, ☏ . Department 56, Village and Snowbaby merchandise, Midwest of Canon Falls ornaments, Fontanini and Old World, and Halloween accessories.
- Horizon Bookstore, 243 E Front St, ☏ , toll-free: . Open 7AM-11PM daily. Northwest lower Michigan's independent, family-owned bookstore since 1961.
- [dead link] Direct Artwork at Grand Traverse Mall, 3200 S Airport Road W, ☏ , toll-free: . Open 10AM-9PM Monday through Saturday, and 11AM-6PM on Sunday. Lowest priced framed artwork in Michigan, carrying oak framed art, folk/country/primitive art, sports art and photo memory mats.
- Nicole Hulet - Coldwell Banker Schmidt - Realtor, 522 East Front St, ☏ . Traverse City, MI. Specializing in 2nd home income investments & Vacation Rentals. Peninsula Bay Resort Condominiums on East Bay.
- Kitchen Choreography, 811 South Garfield Ave, ☏ . Custom Kitchens, Baths, and Interiors. Look to Kitchen Choreography for your new or remodeling plans in Northern Michigan.
- Grand Traverse Mall, 3200 S Airport Road W, ☏ . Open 10AM-9PM Monday through Saturday, and 11AM-6PM on Sunday. Over 100 shops and restaurants, movie theater with 9 screens.
- Preferred Outlets at Traverse City, 3639 Market Pl, ☏ . Open M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Circle, [http: arielpreferred.com]. Over 20 outlet shops and a cinema and outback steak house.
- Aroma's Coffee, 10850 E. Traverse Hwy, ☏ . Specialty Coffees, Teas and a large selection of soups and sandwiches.
- 1 Amical, 229 E Front St, ☏ . Open Monday through Saturday from 11AM for lunch and 5 to 10PM for dinner, and Sunday 9AM-3PM for brunch. Eclectic European cuisine. Seasonal menu with dishes like chicken with poblano and mushrooms, fetuccine with pancetta and leeks, and pork with smoky peanut mole. $12 - $30.
- Apache Trout Grill, 13671 SW Bay Shore Dr, ☏ . Salads, pasta, ribs and steak.
- Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe, 2030 S Airport Rd, ☏ .
- Boathouse Restaurant, 14039 Peninsula Dr, ☏ .
- Boones Long Lake Inn, 7208 Secor Rd, ☏ . Open 4PM-1PM Monday through Thursday, 4PM-11PM Friday and Saturday, and 12PM-10PM on Sunday. Appetizers, side orders, poultry, pork, pasta, beef, broiled steaks, surf and turf, seafood.
- Bubba's Restaurant and Bar, 428 E Front St, ☏ . Open M-Sa 11AM-12AM, Su 12PM-9PM. Appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, Tex-Mex, desserts. $6.50 - $16.
- Don's Drive-In, 2030 US-31 N, ☏ . Open 10:30AM-11PM in the summer, and 10:30AM to 9PM in the winter. A 1958 drive-in diner serving soups, award-winning burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, fried appetizers, milkshakes and malts. There's a dining room and a picnic area, but why go to a drive-in if you're not going to eat in your car? Try the half-pound Big D burger and their fruit-laden cherry milkshakes. $3 - $12.
- [dead link] Gabby's Bayside Bistro, 12930 SW Bay Shore Dr, ☏ . Northern Italian, Cajun and American cuisine.
- Grand Traverse Pie Company, 525 W Front St, ☏ . Over 30 varieties of gourmet pie, including five varieties of cherry pie made with local cherries, and six varieties of Michigan apple pie. Baked goods, soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps and quiche. Be sure to try the popular Grand Traverse cherry cobbler pie. $4 - $6.
- Bistro Foufou, 118 Cass St, ☏ . Bistro, bar.
- 2 Mode's Bum Steer, 125 E State St, ☏ . Locals say it's the best steakhouse in town.
- North Peak Brewing Company, 400 W Front St, ☏ . Fantastic menu options for the whole family. Award winning handcrafted beers brewed on site!
- Old Mission Tavern, 17015 Center Rd, ☏ . Prime Rib night every Friday.
- Pâtisserie Amie, 439 Front St, ☏ . French bistro and bakery. Try their mochas, salmon crêpes, pissaladière, coq au vin, steak frites and pear-almond tartlets.
- Red Mesa Grill, 1544 US-31 N, ☏ . Open 11AM to 11PM Monday through Saturday, and 11AM to 10PM on Sunday. Very popular Mexican restaurant. Appetizers, soups and salads, tacos and tostadas, Mexican specialties, desserts. Great selection of vegetarian choices and an extensive tequila list as well. $5 - $18.
- Scott's Harbor Grill, 12719 SW Bay Shore Dr, ☏ . Waterfront dining, specializing in seafood and ribs. Appetizers, flatbreads, salads, tacos al carbon, seafood plates, grilled specialties, desserts.
- Sleder's Family Tavern, 717 Randolph St, ☏ . Open 11AM to 11PM Monday through Thursday, 11AM to 12AM Friday and Saturday, and 12PM to 9PM on Sunday. One of Michigan's oldest saloons, with its original tin ceiling. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees and Mexican dishes. $7 - $17.
- Taqueria Margarita, 1319 W S Airport Road, ☏ . Authentic Oaxacan cuisine, including tamales, tacos and barbacoa.
- Trattoria Stella, Unit 1 suite 1, 1200 W 11th St, ☏ . Open M-Th 11:30AM to 9PM, F,Sa 11:30AM-11PM, and Su 4PM-9PM. Featuring the best ingredients sourced from local farms. Wine bar and wine classes available. Antipasti, cheese plates, salads, pasta and meats. $7 - $32.
- Cousin Jenny's, 129 S. Union, ☏ . Try the locally known pasty (PASS-tee). It's the best you'll try anywhere!
- Steven's Place, 738 S. Garfield, ☏ . Traverse City's Newest Night Club and Fine Dinning establishment, Full Bar, Dancing, Entertainment and a Healthy menu! apps and desserts $6 to $18 Entrees $20 to $32.
- Mulligan's Pub & Grill, 2430 West Crown Dr, ☏ . Home of the Stuffed Burger! Full menu, open year round.
- Old Mission General Store, 18250 Mission Rd (follow M37 to Old Mission Road turn right go 1/4 mile turn left on Mission road we are on the right hand side), ☏ . OPEN YEAR ROUND Historical General store on the Old Mission Peninsula. Food, wine, beer, spirits, gifts, ice cream, antiques, pizza, Deli.
Wineries are scattered throughout two areas - The Old Mission Peninsula North of Traverse City, and on the Leelanau Peninsula Northwest of Traverse City. We are situated on the 45th parallel which provides excellent climate conditions for growing wine grapes. Tasting room tours are popular diversions on both peninsulas any time of the year and are a great way to explore the territory.
The five wineries in the Traverse City area are all located about halfway up the Old Mission Peninsula, just north of the city via US-31.
- Bowers Harbor Vineyards, 2896 Bowers Harbor Rd, toll-free: . Open M-Sa 10:30AM-6PM, Su 12PM-6PM. 21 white, rose, red, sparkling and fruit wines, including spiced cherry and Cherritage, made from Old Mission Peninsula cherries.
- Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery, 3309 Blue Water Rd, ☏ . Open M-Sa 11AM-6PM, Su 12PM-6PM, May through October; and, 12PM-5PM daily November through April. 12 dry white, dry red and sweet wines.
- Chateau Chantal, 15900 Rue de Vin, ☏ . Open daily, year round; hours vary by season. Award-winning wines, occasional ice wine, and eau de vie. Tapas tours and cooking classes available.
- Chateau Grand Traverse, 12239 Center Rd, ☏ . 28 Riesling, Chardonnay, specialty red and white wines, and fruit wines. Try the cherry wine sangria and the spiced cherry wine.
- Peninsula Cellars, 11480 Center Rd, ☏ . Open M-Sa 10AM-6PM, May through October; and F-Su 12PM-5PM, November through April. 18 red, white, fruit and dessert wines.
- Mackinaw Brewing Co., 161 Front St, ☏ . Local brewery specializing in burgers, steaks, ribs and seafood. House-smoked meats and several beers.
- North Peak Brewing Co., 400 W Front St, ☏ . Burgers, sandwiches, wood-fired pizzas, seafood. Outdoor patio with live entertainment. Try their Black and Blue burger.
- Right Brain Brewery, 221 Garland St, ☏ . No food but a large selection of beers. In the Warehouse District. Try the CEO Stout.
Coffee Houses, Bars and NightclubsEdit
- 1 Union Street Station, 117 S Union St, ☏ . There's been a bar at this site since 1891, today it's an venue with focus on live music.
- Firefly, 310 Cass St, ☏ . Local and international beers and wines. Five televisions, one fish tank.
- Streeters, 1669 S Garfield Ave, ☏ . Open 4PM to 2AM Tuesday through Saturday, and 4PM to 1AM on Sunday; closed Mondays. Voted "Best Place to Dance" in Traverse City. Live music, intelligent light show, nationally recognized sound system. On-site Streeters Grille and Bar, Liquid Lounge and billiards room.
Traverse City's "Motel Mile" is along US-31 between 3 Mile Road and 4 Mile Road, although you'll find lots of places to stay at just about any point along the waterfront, from downtown continuing east to 5 Mile Road.
- Cathead Bay Vacation Properties, Office: 121 East Front St (Weekly rental homes are 6 miles north of Northport), ☏ . Check-in: 5:00, check-out: 10:00. Private Vacation Homes on Cathead Bay (at the tip of the Leelanau Peninsula) available for rent on a weekly basis. Sleeps from 4 to 10 ppl. varies.
- America Inn Motel and Suites, 1614 N US-31 N, ☏ . 48 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $45 - $165.
- Anchor Inn on the Bay, 12068 S West Bay Shore Dr, ☏ . 6 motel rooms, 8 cottages. Motel $35 - $132, cottages $75 - $228.
- Best Western Four Seasons Motel, 305 Munson Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . 74 rooms. Indoor heated pool, hot tub, game room. Complimentary expanded continental breakfast. Hot tub loft rooms available. $39 - $235.
- Days Inn, 420 Munson Avenue #2, ☏ , . 182 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $45 - $179.
- Economy Inn, 1600 N US-31 N, ☏ . 10 rooms. $33 - $65.
- Fairfield Inn, 3701 N Country Ln, ☏ . 85 rooms. Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool rooms available. $44 - $179.
- Grand Traverse Motel, 1010 E Front St, ☏ .
- Heritage Inn, 417 Munson Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . 39 rooms. 20 rooms include heart-shaped spas. Exercise room, video arcade game room. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. $39 - $94.
- Mitchell Creek Inn, 894 Munson Ave, ☏ . 15 rooms; 9 singles (no telephone), 4 doubles (with kitchenettes) and 2 cottages. Open May through October. Standard rooms $39 - $89, kitchenette rooms $59 - $109, cottages $69 - $139.
- Motel 6, 1582 US-31 N, ☏ . 45 rooms. Average price $44.
- Pine Crest Motel, 360 Munson Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . 35 rooms. Heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, spa, exercise room. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool rooms available.
- Restwood Motel, 1566 N US-31 N, ☏ . 15 rooms. Pool, waterslide.
- Sands Motel, 1465 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . 21 rooms. Private beach and boardwalk. Complimentary deluxe breakfast bar.
- Super 8 Motel, 1870 N US-31 N, ☏ . 66 rooms. Complimentary continental breakfast. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $45 - $121.
- Travelodge, 704 Munson Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Provides free continental breakfast, free WiFi, outdoor pool and spa, and is dog-friendly. Rooms renovated as of 2016. $32-200.
- Traverse Bay Inn, 2300 N US-31 N, ☏ . 24 1- and 2-bedroom suites. Fireplace and jacuzzi suites available. Heated pool, outdoor whirlpool. $39-199.
- Whiting Hotel, 152 E Front St, ☏ .
- Cedar Run River Home. Traverse City. 6 Bedroom, 3 bath home on Cedar Run River. Sleeps 18. $350.
- Beach House of Traverse City, 444 W. Silver Lake Rd. N, ☏ . 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home on sandy Silver Lake. $250.
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 2326 US-31 S, ☏ . 119 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $51-295.
- Bayshore Resort, 833 E Front St, ☏ , toll-free: . 120 rooms. Indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness room, game room. Complimentary breakfast and newspaper. Spa and fireplace suites available. Peak season $93-355, off-season $70-305.
- Beach Haus Resort, 1489 N US-31 N, ☏ . Beachfront rooms, spa rooms available. $55-65.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 3615 S Airport Road W, ☏ . 83 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub. On-site Courtyard Cafe. Whirlpool and fireplace rooms available. $54-151.
- Econo Lodge, 1065 M-37 S, ☏ . 47 rooms. Indoor heated pool, hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $55-160.
- Grand Beach Resort Hotel, 1683 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . 97 rooms. Private balconies, indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $59-109.
- Hampton Inn, 1000 N US-31 N, ☏ . 125 rooms. Heated indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Complimentary continental breakfast. $69-169.
- [formerly dead link] Holiday Inn West Bay, 615 E Front St, ☏ , toll-free: . 179 rooms. Jacuzzi rooms available. Indoor and outdoor pool. Two on-site restaurants (CW's Blue Water Bistro and Wingers Sports Bar) and nightclub (Shimmers Nightclub). $59-154.
- Main Street Inn, 618 E Front St, ☏ . Average price $74.
- Park Place Hotel, 300 E State St, ☏ . 140 rooms. Indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room. $79-229.
- Parkshore Resort, 1401 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . Indoor heated pool, exercise room, deluxe continental breakfast. On-site cocktail lounge. Whirlpool, fireplace and kitchenette suites available. $50-300.
- Quality Inn, 1492 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . 96 rooms. Indoor pool and hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast. $50-190.
- Sierra Motel, 230 Munson Ave, ☏ . $75-100.
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel, 1773 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . 83 rooms. Private balconies, heated indoor swimming pool, heated indoor spa, game room. $54-198.
- Comfort Inn Traverse City, 460 Munson Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , . 61 rooms. 24-hour indoor pool and spa, game room. Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Jacuzzi rooms available. $49-209.
- [dead link] Traverse Victorian Inn, 461 Munson Ave, ☏ , toll-free: . Gas log fireplace and double-headed showers. Indoor heated pool with adjoining spa. Spa rooms available. $60-112.
- Blue Lakes Vacation Rentals, ☏ . Traverse City, 3 bedroom home on private island. 7.5 Acres of sandy, private beaches. Includes use of pontoon boat. Open year round.
- Brownstone Condominiums, 218 Boardman Ave, ☏ . "Downtown" - Traverse City. New Luxury condominiums in the heart of downtown Traverse City - feel the excitement! $1,900 a week, Sa to Sa, 2009
- Cedar Lake Lodge, 3704 Avery Trail, ☏ . Open year round. On Cedar Lake. 4-bedroom, 2-bath new home with cedar tongue and groove throughout most of home. Free pontoon boat, water trampoline, kayaks, pool table, PS2, boat dock, swing set, sand box, fir pit, paddle boat, fireplace and games. $225-400.
- Cherry Tree Inn on the Beach, 2345 N US-31 N, ☏ . 78 rooms. Suites, whirlpool suites, fireplace suites and 2-bedroom apartments available. Balconies, Playstation 2, bathroom television, heated indoor pool, complimentary continental breakfast. Average price $139.
- [dead link] Gold Coast Inn, 4612 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . Guest spa rooms overlooking the bay. 2-person spa, 2-person shower, gas log fireplace. Average price $198.
- 1 Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: . In Acme. 238 hotel rooms, 186 tower rooms, and 190 condominiums. Named among the Top 50 travel destinations by Condé Nast Traveler, and a Golf Magazine Silver Medal Resort. Three world-class golf courses, full-service spa, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, beach club, gallery of shops, six on-site restaurants and lounges. $201-275.
- Great Wolf Lodge, 3575 N US-31 S, ☏ , toll-free: . 281 suites. 51,000-square-foot indoor entertainent area, waterpark, arcade, children's craft and activity room, spa, fitness room and outdoor pool. Two on-site restaurants, the Loose Moose Cottage and the Camp Critter Bar and Grille. $199-309.
- Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa, toll-free: . Part of the Boyne collection of resorts. European styled world class resort. Hotel is slope side.
- North Shore Inn, 2305 N US-31 N, ☏ . Average price $159.
- Peninsula Bay Resort Condominiums, 1941 N US-31 N, ☏ . Vacation rentals managed by Northern Shores Vacation Rentals, LLC. 13 luxury suites to choose from. All suites are 2 bedroom - 2 bathrooms. Resort enjoys an outside-bayside pool with hot tub & 330ft of private East Bay shoreline along the "miracle mile." Suites are a must see. Rates are weekly during summer from $2,200 - 3,000/week.
- Pinestead Reef Resort, 1265 N US-31 N #2, ☏ , toll-free: . Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom units. Indoor heated pool, whirpool, sauna, exercise room, game room. $99-269.
- Pointes North Inn, 2211 N US-31 N, ☏ , toll-free: . 52 rooms. Bayside rooms, jacuzzi whirlpool, heated bayside pool. Peak season $99-279, off-season $79-179.
- Tamarack Lodge, 2035 US-31 N at Four Mile Rd, toll-free: . 1- to 3-bedroom residences equipped with gourmet kitchens, jetted tubs, gas fireplaces, and private decks overlooking the lake. Indoor pool, children's play area, arcade. $125-450.
Bed and BreakfastsEdit
- Antiquities' Wellington Inn, 230 Wellington St. 9 rooms, 2 2-bedroom carriage house apartments. Restored 1905 mansion with period furnishings. Average price $222.
- Bowers Harbor Bed and Breakfast, 13972 Peninsula Dr. 3 rooms. Average price $97.
- Cedar Creek Bed and Breakfast, 7651 East Timberwoods.
- Chateau Chantal Bed and Breakfast, 15900 Rue de Vin. 3 rooms. Average price $247.
- Cherry Knoll Farm, 2856 Hammond Road E. 5 rooms. Average price $62.
- Field of Dreams Bed and Breakfast, 15627 Center Rd. 3 rooms.
- Grey Hare Inn Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, W Carroll Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . 3 rooms. Gourmet Northern Michigan fusion with Tuscan/Provence breakfasts. Working farm and vineyard with U-Pick grapes. Boat and breakfast available. $125-195.
- The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse, 12301 Center Rd. 6 rooms. Average price $132.
- Petals and Pines Bed and Breakfast, 19963 Center Rd. 3 rooms. Average price $187.
- Warwickshire Inn Bed and Breakfast, 5037 Barney Rd. 3 rooms. Average price $80.
- Wind in the Pines Bed & Breakfast, 13573 S. Gallagher Rd. 3 rooms. Average price $150.
Cottages and condosEdit
- Island View Cottages, 853 E Front St, ☏ . 13 cabins. Open from early May to November 1st. Completely furnished with kitchenettes, outdoor grills, shuffleboard and basketball courts, and beach play center.
- Shoestring Resort, 2960 Arbutus Hill Rd, ☏ . 4 cottages. $300-350 per week.
- The Beach Condominiums, 1995 US-31 N, toll-free: . 30 rooms. Heated outdoor pool, hot tub. Full kitchens, sundecks, beachfront. Whirlpool rooms available. $99 (nightly) - $1400 (5-day).
- The Leelanau Peninsula is northwest on M-22 and M-72.
- The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is about 30 minutes west on MI-72.
- Frankfort is about 1 hour west on US-31.
- Charlevoix is about 1 hour north on US-31.
- Petoskey is about 1.5 hours north on US-31.
- Manistee is about 1.5 hours south on US-31.
- Interlochen is 20 minutes southwest on M-137.
- North and South Manitou Islands are about 2 hours northwest on MI-204 and ferry.
- Beaver Island is about 4 hours north on US-31 and ferry.
|Routes through Traverse City|
|Mackinaw City ← Charlevoix ←||N S||→ Interlochen → Muskegon|
|Manistee ← Leelanau Peninsula ←||N S||→ END|
|Ends at ← Empire ←||W E||→ Kalkaska → Grayling|